Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Tolvo
bloodpixel
Yarxov
DamageCK
FruitPunchNinja
Glutebrah
skarekrow13
Kirk-Barb
Dubscythe
GrEeNgObLiN
User
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Rynn
19 posters

I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I'm generally getting tired of humanity. Empty I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 am

Tonight I've played 10 different games, including dark souls. All are competitive games, and here is my experience with all of them.

The most simple to master piece of equipment will be overused.
    If there is a broken object, it will be exploited
    If there is anything that is effective, yet blatantly against the spirit of the game, it will be exploited.

I've gathered all of this together from a conclusion I reached.
    1% of all my online gameplay is with people that can maintain any level of respect for the person on the other side of the console.
    ...This is what anonymity does to the average person...
    This world is increasingly heading towards an existance where all social interaction will be mainly maintained via a remote relay of one form or another.

If PvP with the average player has told me anything, it's that humanity can never get along with itself, and I want a majority of this world to fall dead; genuinely dead.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I'm generally getting tired of humanity. Empty Re: I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 am

+1
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I'm generally getting tired of humanity. Empty Re: I'm generally getting tired of humanity.

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:26 am

You are too right Buildmaster Rynn.

Too right.

I'm even writing a book based on this theory.

+1 for saying something that I fear whole bunch of people will end up condeming bcause they feel somewhat elitist, or that they agree with such tactics, etc.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 21, 2012 7:32 am

Ooh, you mean humanity as in the human condition, not the rare tiny black sprite disease-ridden rats drop.

Your thread's title threw me off some.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:47 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Ooh, you mean humanity as in the human condition, not the rare tiny black sprite disease-ridden rats drop.

Your thread's title threw me off some.

Aren't they both the same thing?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 7:49 am

I'd actually liken humanity to rat droppings, so that seems an accurate mistaken identity for my thread.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:55 am

I'm talking rats and humans as opposed to humanity.

Niether seem to have very much of the stuff as of late.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 am

lol

I hope you understand that such people that use such tactics ARE of the majority of the core, not hardcore. Games are suppose to be an escape of sorts, and research has been known that the majority of games is meant for stress relief to players. Why do you think that is, hm?

Heh, I can say that man has done bad things... I can also they have done good things. Last night, when playing with a close friend on the same PS3, he was playing for me, but I was gone to get some stuff done. He got invaded by a Darkwraith, and was a newb. I ran downstairs, and the Darkwraith did... Nothing.

He was wearing Ornstein leggings, a shield that look like crest, the fathers mask, and ghost blade... That was it. He just stood there. I took the controller from my friend, and I was ready for a reaction. He moved aside, so he would allow me to kill the enemies too close to us, to give us more room. He waited, and later I showed I was ready by swinging my server in the air (no contact). We began. I hit him once, but he partied me and one hit killed me with an awesome animation with the ghost blade riposte, slamming me into the ground. I had respect for him, and my friend was amazed; he thought that players would be cruel to others in game.

I have seen a good amount of Darkwraiths with good potential. At last, I have seen many. To be clear, their are many more who have this, such as the sunlight covenants, dragons, and in general many characters. Many who are of the bad are genually bad, and are good with easy and dependent tactics upon a games systems and bonuses.

So, my friend, I think you need to learn something: many games such as call of duty and other popular games, even IF they say it is a hardcore game, is of the mass a home of the core. Dark Souls will not last long as the target for such core players for long, as capitalist ideals cones to playing in the mass majority of entertainment, and they want the most is profit... Lots of profit.

GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 am

@acidic cook: +1 rep for u!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Mon May 21, 2012 9:34 am

If it makes you feel any better Rynn, I do my best to be respectful to those I play against.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon May 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Rynn: Darksouls and other competative games are not a good gauge of humanity in general. For one thing it probably represents not even 1% of the world population. Second, it is a game. It takes a certain personality type to play competative games and those gamers are in it to win and hate to lose. They spend hours.... and hours.... learning every aspect of the game to hone the skills needed to beat their foe and the exploits when skill is not enough. There are those who play honorably (based on rules they believe in) and those who winning is done at any cost. Both however are still driven by the same desire to win.

These same gamers are different away from the game. Their middle schoolers who are struggling with insecurity at school and trying to gain some independence from parents. They are college age, working minimum wage - no future jobs, trying to balance studies with all the distractions available to them now that they are independent. They are young adults searching for a career path that will give them respect and selfworth as well as pay the bills or they have the job, but are dealing with the stress of being early in a career when so much can go wrong and the learning curve is so high. Their may even be a rare few who have been working all their lives and are worrying about whether or not all their life planning will be enough to take care of them in retirement. These are the players and they are gaming for the chance to find a little escape. You can't accurately place motive on a player based on what happens in a game where you never see or communicate personally.

Last night I'm playing my low level character and I'm invaded. My weapon is a +5 long sword and +3 beginner gear. The darkwraith is geared with stuff I haven't even found yet with my high level character. We fight and he begins to backstab me with his fist. Not just once, but again and again. I try to avoid it, but his skill is well above mine and he owns me. The backstabs get well into double digits, so I put down my controler, turned to "Maggie" my Carrion terrior who was sleeping cuddled next to me on the couch, guarding her tennis ball, and steal the ball. In moments I'm battling on the floor for possession and Maggie is growling fiercely trying to get it back. My other dog, a yorkie named "Buddy", is now barking his outrage that he isn't involved, while my wife chimes in from the bedroom I need to keep it down cause she is trying to sleep. On my TV, behind me, some stranger is still backstabing my character, until finally he finishes it off with a sword. But I don't care, it's only a game, and I have far more important things in my life to worry about.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 pm

You could always see it as an attempt to triumph and persevere by any means. A struggle to survive. Also, it demonstrates that man is adaptable to an extreme and will find the means necessary to accomplish a goal. It can show that we can be a collective in that numerous persons come to the same conclusions. So despite the annoyances, this could actually be viewed in a very positive light regarding humans as a species.

Also, you observations demonstrate that people can be buttholes.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 pm

You deserve a +1 skare, when I can. I gladly agree with you well. Thought I was the only one in this forum with such views.

lol
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon May 21, 2012 2:37 pm

so you finally realized majority of people don't like to gimp them self purposely in PVP because you think they should?

also just realized developers can never make game 100% balanced, its impossible.

imo Dark souls is as balanced as it can be, only certian things seem OP like the hornets ring because of Lag, which is not game balance issue. remove lag and you won't get magically BSed all the time and Hornets ring would be just another ring.

and TWOP and WOG together can be slightly OP but in a 1v1 it is easy to avoid. a 3v1 will never be balanced and never should.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon May 21, 2012 2:44 pm

this is a game, you're supposed to play it for enjoyment. all these post complaining(ive dont my fair share) are confusing. if i didnt recently just decided to stop taking this game so seriously i would most likely would not be actively pvping anymore. i actually saw an article on ign a while ago about how gamers who get angry actually play worse then gamers who are able to stay calm/enjoy the games. totally true, just within the last few weeks of just brushing off gankers and trolls i have become much better. do i win every match? no, no one does.

as for honor, once again this is a video game, its not real life. you should play how you enjoy playing, if thats trolling well do it. you can still take aspects of the game very seriously(practicing fine tuning) but once you start getting mad at every loss and start blaming the other players tactics then the game will cease to be fun. you dont have to stay in one area and keep fighting some player that is aggravating you, you can leave that area or stop playing for a bit.

im really worried about the dark souls community. you say that 99% are un honorable, well i disagree. i think a majority are just playing a game and enjoying it, and then theres a lot of them who feel that everything is cheap and they are the only "honorable" ones. after sending some hateful messages to people that beat me(usually fairly but of course i found a way to consider it cheap) i realized they were taking the game much less serious then i was.

you dont actually die and you dont lose anything from a loss(except maybe 1 humanity) so why get so bent out of shape about it? i understand knew players who get invaded and end up losing all their souls being pissed, but imo they should just play offline.

does anyone agree that these forums and dark souls community in general are just getting way to negative? lets try and have fun. is that possible? it is for me, and if you look at some of my older posts you will see that i used to get very upset about aspects of the game also. i am not saying i enjoy the game now cause i win more, that has nothing to do with it. i just have fun because i dont let things effect my mood. the more you get used to it the easier it is to laugh it off.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon May 21, 2012 2:49 pm

we need an official "Cry about Gankers" thread/sub forum where all rant posts can go. The subforum would be a better idea cuz there will always be people who think their rant/story/complaint is different from the rest and deserves a new thread.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Glutebrah wrote:so you finally realized majority of people don't like to gimp them self purposely in PVP because you think they should?

also just realized developers can never make game 100% balanced, its impossible.

imo Dark souls is as balanced as it can be, only certian things seem OP like the hornets ring because of Lag, which is not game balance issue. remove lag and you won't get magically BSed all the time and Hornets ring would be just another ring.

and TWOP and WOG together can be slightly OP but in a 1v1 it is easy to avoid. a 3v1 will never be balanced and never should.
    Anyway, read all the posts in here, and I think people are presuming I'm taking all of this from getting my *** smashed in by gankers or other such players, (seemingly forgetting that even when I was streaming, I showed I rarely die even vs unfair tactics, so it's not likel). I'm really just noting there is too many people on this world that don't care for their fellow human being, in even the most trivial of manner, and will do anything they feel like to get further towards their goals, whatever those might be. I feel games are sadly a viable example for this, seeing as the same principles behind these are used in the real world on quite a regular basis. A team of lawyers will cause you to not get what you need or deserve, similar to how a team of gankers can pick on people. While you can beat the team of lawyers, it takes far more work then you should be forced to do in order to do such. (As crude as this example is, I'm not the best at placing my thoughts into words, and it's the best I can do). Many of the cruel things you'll see people do on a game you'll also see people do in the real world, and we're getting worse with each generation, less then 30 years ago, pennies were rarely thrown off tall skyscrapers, yet now, despite there being signs begging people not to, it's happened more times then in the last 100 years combined. Feces and other biohazards are thrown off of the rides in disneyland once or twice a year, even though it never happened less then 20 years ago as well. Humanity is getting sadder by the year, and competitive gaming and the griefing inside of it has been getting worse as well.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Told ya you'd get ragged on Rynn
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm fully aware I'm gonna get ragged on. I'm generally surprised I didn't loose rep for this post.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Hopefully I didn't come across as ragging on you. I went for humorous but understand the frustration completely. I do see it as more like lemmings than anything else but yeah, it can be a royal pain in artificial worlds like the one we frequent.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:so you finally realized majority of people don't like to gimp them self purposely in PVP because you think they should?

Anyway, read all the posts in here, and I think people are presuming I'm taking all of this from getting my *** smashed in by gankers or other such players, (seemingly forgetting that even when I was streaming, I showed I rarely die even vs unfair tactics, so it's not likel). I'm really just noting there is too many people on this world that don't care for their fellow human being, in even the most trivial of manner, and will do anything they feel like to get further towards their goals, whatever those might be. I feel games are sadly a viable example for this, seeing as the same principles behind these are used in the real world on quite a regular basis. A team of lawyers will cause you to not get what you need or deserve, similar to how a team of gankers can pick on people. While you can beat the team of lawyers, it takes far more work then you should be forced to do in order to do such. (As crude as this example is, I'm not the best at placing my thoughts into words, and it's the best I can do). Many of the cruel things you'll see people do on a game you'll also see people do in the real world, and we're getting worse with each generation, less then 30 years ago, pennies were rarely thrown off tall skyscrapers, yet now, despite there being signs begging people not to, it's happened more times then in the last 100 years combined. Feces and other biohazards are thrown off of the rides in disneyland once or twice a year, even though it never happened less then 20 years ago as well. Humanity is getting sadder by the year, and competitive gaming and the griefing inside of it has been getting worse as well.

Cute. I guess I am the exception to that rule, eh? I care all too much about my fellow human beings and what they are doing.

To be far, the ideals of man are changing by capitalism. Let's face it, Capitalism tries to get profit as much as they can, and the easiest way in order to do it, is with entertainment. These ideals of entertainment has been filling the minds of each generation again and again, and in such forms that even politics have become ideals of entertainment, when it comes to media and other forms of... such profitable areas that inflicts the populace.

That, and the ideals of socialism does not help very well at all. Not that it has a bad impact as capitalism, but a different one. This socialist ideal goes to the primary, and the greatest socialist form in existence: The internet. Youtube, twitter, facebook, google... so many areas in which people can connect with one another have lead to such events of people sharing events. As they have the ideals of capitalist entertainment in their minds, such ideals integrate to this socialist hub as well. In which case, we see people do stupid crap all the time, running into posts, car crashes, lighting themselves on fire... such entertainment of the capitalist ideals of profitability VIA entertainment has lead towards the socialist hub of wide communication and interaction.

I disagree with both ideals. I truley do. I like socialism, more so than capitalism. Sadly, the socialist ideals have become corrupted by media... the ideals of entertainment over education has lead to people doing stuff that they like, what is 'easy' or just a pleasure to watch, hear, or other forms of senses that stimulates them in a way. Even ganking, where the power of numbers, greater assets, and the earning of profits is such a pleasure, in which has the sub-factors of victory, revenge, evil intent, and other forms of things categorized into that one pleasure.

People are, indeed, removing logic and instinct, and letting their emotions become too... out their. Their logic has been corrupted with the ideals of entertainment being education, and instinct has become a sloth and dumb fest, as the lack of real, beneficial knowledge, is being replaced with knowledge that, in the reality of the whole, means jack ****. That includes your pop stars, people.

Let's face it, the pleasures of the mass of humanity is getting too well into the definition of human nature, in which man defines for what they are. And you know what? The capitalist ideals are fed in greater and greater amounts. Such pleasure has also led to the downfall of many groups, even countries. Greece, a country that did not give taxes and was a tourist state, was a plague to the euro. Even other countries, which they are known (or were, I did not check if some were removed or added to the list of... bankrupting countires) as the PIIGS.

Are you tired of what humanity, human nature and the whole, is leading to? Ugh, I am too. I am afraid for my man... which makes me caqre for them. I am a very hating man in reality, in which I only have a specific few who I actually give a damn about... but humanity is something I care about. This race of being is very unique, and even other biological creatures can not define what man is as even similar, as such qualities of man has distanced themselves from being it, even creatures with a similar form (chimps) or essence (elephants, i guess silly )

This is getting way off topic, but... do yourself a favour, and see the bright side: It could always, always, get worse. It always can. Their are many who fight against some of the things within society, for example those who fight against global warming (which they say were hurting the earth... its fine, its what we do to the earth that changes it that afflicts US, not the mother). We could be living in a world of communism, in which the ideals of... equality, form the ideals of Stalin, or the economic ideals of the Chinese could come to play (which the Chinese are one of the very few surviving areas of such ideals, which is 'good for them'... even if it is a more controlled ideal towards profits, except it goes to the government and private businesses... which are part of capitalist ideals. Coke and McDonalds comes to mind). Fascism is dead, as the Italians and the Germans destroyed such ideals, dictatorship is also their, which follows similar ideals of Stalin's communism, although with some slight modifications to it... we could live in a world where people were tortured without sentiment of freedom, due to their sex, race, or other areas of form and/or essence that does not follow the government's ideals.

It could get worse. Indeed, it can. Of course... it can always get better. Now, how our time changes depends on those who want to remove it. I have some ideas, and I do my own work to try to help my people. If you feel so strongly disgusted, don't complain; Bring some change to the table, and show the power of variety and choice... the savior and the destructive quality that has defined man since the very beginning.

This got very political and social for some reason... maybe I shouldn't post it... lol
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon May 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Sometimes when I'm getting particularly frustrated wuth the community, I'll just anchor down and delete some beers. I have a lot more fun, it's easy to brush off buttholes, and because I'm more relaxed I tend to play better. I love you, beer.

Drink responsibly, kids...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Acidic, I just loved that post silly .
    Honestly this entire thread only loosely fit in PvP in the first place, it's just the medium that most often reminds me of how saddening this world is becoming to watch. I liked reading that, thanks for posting it. I always feel a bit better knowing some people are thinking instead of following, yet I always feel like those few voices of reason are swept away in a crowd of people that don't understand the harm their actions cause.

The above also makes me question just as equally if it isn't perhaps my actions that need correcting.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 5:22 pm

I think we should talk more then, Rynn. I always like to talk. lol
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

That would be nice... just don't ley my cynicism get to you if we do. I often admit that if there is ever anyone that shouldn't be placed in a position of power, it's me... I'd cause a major amount of death and famine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:45 pm