Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Ghadis_God
Sparda
Buggy Virus
SunlightCrusader
Anchises
Shkar
Sentinel of Lightning
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
skarekrow13
Argetlam350
Eolan
17 posters

Gwyndolin's legs

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Gwyndolin's legs - Page 2 Empty Re: Gwyndolin's legs

Post by Shkar Fri May 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Eolan wrote:The tendrils are the issue. It doesnt scream dragon but look at priscilla, besides the horns and the tail what makes her so "dragon"?

Gwyndolin wears a mask which could cover up his horns easily. And he has scales. Scale tails. happy

Btw dont search for priscilla on google you get allot of horrendous heinous "fanart" depicting her conception. Creepy.

Well she has horns and a tail along with dragon like skin and is called the crossbreed.

Really Gwyndolin "only" has strange tendrils while you fight him, then you pick his armor off his very normal hollow body after the fight.

Uh, no. You buy his armor off Domhnall after you kill Gwyndolin.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat May 26, 2012 10:49 am

Pfft, sorry, what was I thinking. I really apologize I was thinking of getting the brass set, which now I am second guessing too and I think you get from the chest.

Still, I am unconvinced towards there being any connection, I think Occam's Razor could be applied in this situation.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:56 am

Dolin is not related, he is however connected. Likely experimented on by Seath as a maiden after Gwyn left. When Pris attacked the gods he may have been captured by seath and subsequently escaped.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sat May 26, 2012 1:17 pm

This has nothing to do with the story but I presume the Doll refers to Crossbreed Priscilla(the item's description)but why was it in the Undead Asylum? Could she have been another Undead like you that's been influenced like Sir Artorias with the Four Kings?

"There once was an abomination who had no place in this world. She clutched this doll tightly, and eventually was drawn into a cold and lonely painted world."
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Check out Dough's thread "There's more to them." Got a good write up there
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat May 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I don't buy that Pris attacked the gods, I find it more likely she was an unknowing pawn in the the occultists plans.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 26, 2012 6:56 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Dolin is not related, he is however connected. Likely experimented on by Seath as a maiden after Gwyn left. When Pris attacked the gods he may have been captured by seath and subsequently escaped.

Honestly, I find it unlikely that Gwyndolin could be captured by Seath. Seath is powerful, no doubt, but Gwyndolin is still a literal god. He could hold his own against Seath. What with his brother, sister, and father being gods of Sunlight, which the dragons are extremely weak against, it is likely that he also has SOME of that power, implying a decent chance in a fight.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes but during the attack he would be facing down Pris, hr army and psossibly Seath. We know Dolin uses sorcery (or miracles that resemble it closely) but he'd be going up against the father of sorcery. Also invisible Pris could capture him without him knowing he was in danger.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Shkar wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Dolin is not related, he is however connected. Likely experimented on by Seath as a maiden after Gwyn left. When Pris attacked the gods he may have been captured by seath and subsequently escaped.

Honestly, I find it unlikely that Gwyndolin could be captured by Seath. Seath is powerful, no doubt, but Gwyndolin is still a literal god. He could hold his own against Seath. What with his brother, sister, and father being gods of Sunlight, which the dragons are extremely weak against, it is likely that he also has SOME of that power, implying a decent chance in a fight.

Lesson of dark souls:

A random undead can kill all the important gods.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun May 27, 2012 7:10 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Yes but during the attack he would be facing down Pris, hr army and psossibly Seath. We know Dolin uses sorcery (or miracles that resemble it closely) but he'd be going up against the father of sorcery. Also invisible Pris could capture him without him knowing he was in danger.
    I find it pretty unlikely that Priscilla was ever actually working for Seath or the Occultists. Talking to her in the Painted World, she seems to accept her place as an exile, and going by the description on the Doll, she was very young when she was trapped there. The Painted World itself seems like a prison for anyone or thing deemed dangerous to the Gods, from Crow Demons apparently created with dark magic (you find the most of them around the Dark Ember) to the ember itself, and even the Bloated Undead, who toxify you and seem to be the carriers of an infectious plague that the Gods didn't want spread.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 27, 2012 8:34 pm

She was shunned by the gods, hated and despised. She's the daufghter of Seath who went mad and hates all the gods. She has ceompleted her mission and npow wishes to rest in peace.
    The painted world is not a prison, it really makes no sense.It wouldnt be in the city in such a glortified place. I think I also posted a few reasons earlier in this thread.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 28, 2012 8:05 am

DoughGuy wrote:She was shunned by the gods, hated and despised. She's the daufghter of Seath who went mad and hates all the gods. She has ceompleted her mission and npow wishes to rest in peace.
    The painted world is not a prison, it really makes no sense.It wouldnt be in the city in such a glortified place. I think I also posted a few reasons earlier in this thread.

It also is easily exited, Priscilla herself directs you towards the exit, and the painting is in the heart of Anor Londo heavily guarded by Painting Guardians which appear to be positioned to keep people out and not in. So I agree its no prison. It's more likely a place of voluntary exile or escape, maybe whoever is Priscilla's mother took pity on her and commissioned the creation of, or created themselves, this painted world so Priscilla could have a place to belong.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 8:12 am

^thank you for saying it so I didnt have to big grin +1
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Voluntary exile I agree with, but although she may hate the gods, I don't think she has ever done anything actively against them. More likely occultists sought her out due to her being the basis of occult power.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Or maybe she made the occultists? Remember she was meant to be a heroine. If the age of man was originally seen as good it would make sense for her to act against the gods.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 29, 2012 12:46 am

DoughGuy wrote:Or maybe she made the occultists? Remember she was meant to be a heroine. If the age of man was originally seen as good it would make sense for her to act against the gods.

Skarekrow mentioned something about Priscilla leading an attack against the Gods in the 'There's more to them' thread. Though he didn't cite his source for that info.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 12:51 am

Probably cause it was me or Acidic who was the source and no one likes digging through 40 pages of thread to find a source.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Damn it just occured to me i've been calling Velka gwynevere for weeks. I think judging by peoples reactions everyone assumed but i just wanna give a heads up happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Eolan wrote:Damn it just occured to me i've been calling Velka gwynevere for weeks. I think judging by peoples reactions everyone assumed but i just wanna give a heads up happy

Dont worry I spent a month calling Gwynevere Gwyndollin which really messed sone conversations up lol
    Kenko
    Kenko

Post by Kenko Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 pm

guys guys guysss so they turned velka into a giant crow with occult magic!!!!! just a thought happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

I can't reference it because I didn't mention it. Seen others say it but never looked into it. I put out the theory the Lifehunt ability is the destruction if the soul
    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

Post by SpecOps0 Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I cant help, but wonder why he doesnt have normal legs.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 pm

He's a hidden abomination, just like Priscy. He's smaller, slimmer, and less powerful than the other shown gods (though creating an infinitely long space is pretty damn awesome). I assume the snakes are just another part of him that's different from everyone else.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 1:07 am

Quarik wrote:He's a hidden abomination, just like Priscy. He's smaller, slimmer, and less powerful than the other shown gods (though creating an infinitely long space is pretty damn awesome). I assume the snakes are just another part of him that's different from everyone else.

He is also an illusionist of some kind isn't he? Could they not just be fake?
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Wed May 30, 2012 4:02 am

That is a valid point. The sunlight in Anor Londo, the demon gargoyles and sentinels, Gwynevere(and probably Ornstein and Smough too), and his endless hallway leading to the tomb of Gwyn are all illusions of his. His appearance very well might be an illusion too. However, the artbook sketch of him includes these snakelike tentacles and he even has them in drawing of him sitting alone by Gwyn's tomb, but maybe it's a sort of permanent false image of him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:10 pm