Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Ghadis_God
Sparda
Buggy Virus
SunlightCrusader
Anchises
Shkar
Sentinel of Lightning
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
skarekrow13
Argetlam350
Eolan
17 posters

Gwyndolin's legs

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Gwyndolin's legs - Page 3 Empty Re: Gwyndolin's legs

Post by Federally Wed May 30, 2012 4:30 am

Anchises wrote:That is a valid point. The sunlight in Anor Londo, the demon gargoyles and sentinels, Gwynevere(and probably Ornstein and Smough too), and his endless hallway leading to the tomb of Gwyn are all illusions of his. His appearance very well might be an illusion too. However, the artbook sketch of him includes these snakelike tentacles and he even has them in drawing of him sitting alone by Gwyn's tomb, but maybe it's a sort of permanent false image of him.

Off Topic, your avatar is the best thing ever I love that movie.

On Topic, the art book drawings would be him as the player will see him since its concept art for the game. So that isn't a contradiction. The drawing could simply be because he has just adopted that as his appearance and everyone sees him that way.

Now O&S being illusions is an interesting idea and is interesting to consider when trying to figure why if you're working for Kaathe would they attack you?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am

Because they are the final test before receiving the lordvessel.

On gwydybone's legs, judging by ariamis paintings i think he was raised as a girl to conceal the legs under a dress. I assume he has them. Is there a statue of him?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 am

Yes there is. The "missing" statue next to Gwyn is actually there. It's raised on a higher platform than the other two (Gwyndolin is definitely shorter than Gwyn) and we know he looked "up" to his sister. Ublug discovered that there is a physical manifestation there and I made a short video. I tried to test the edges of it and it doesn't go beyond the width of the pedestal. So even if we could see it I would imagine it would just have the dress like we see. Also, I completely agree that he wore dresses to hide this fact and would second the Ariamis paintings.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 am

Ariamis is very interesting to me as he is such an ancillary character and yet he has a rather prominent portrait? Who's pet was he do you think?

Is there more info on ariamis?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 am

Eolan I need to go off topic for a second and say your avatar is awesome.

Okay lore discussion can continue.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 am

I know it is. Its the best one ive seen. Ever.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 31, 2012 9:45 am

Best we've been able to tell is that there's a possible tie to Gwyndolin and Priscilla. My Priscilla theories basically state that she wanted in his world and he "drew" or painted her into the picture with the doll being a key of sorts that she lost or he forgot to paint (also, the doll is like a mini Priscilla). Gywndolin's room suggests he either collected Ariamis' paintings after he was dead or commissioned a bunch when Ariamis was alive. Either way it appears there was respect or love for the painter. The Gwynevere painting in the Gwyndolin bedroom suggests to me that Gwyndolin wanted to be a painter as well since the style is different than the rest of the paintings and looks a lot like the illusion 'dolin made. My best guess is that he played a role similar to real life artists in which nobility would give favored artists a home/money/luxury while they did their thing for the family. Offhand though I would say that Gwyndolin was the overt biggest fan of Ariamis while Priscilla and Ariamis maybe formed a secret bond. I doubt most of Anor Londo actually knew what happened to Priscilla.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 31, 2012 9:48 am

Ariamis is a painter of canvas, Gwyndolin is a painter of reality. Is that what your going for Skare?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 31, 2012 9:50 am

I think we see gwyndolins amateur painting skills and ariamis was a big inspiration for him growing up. He wanted to paint like him but couldn't so found a new medium.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Im wondering also if the dwindling/dying of gwyns flame just led him to sire darker and darker beings. Gwyndolin being associated with the moon and thus night, might have been the final nail. He was his last child.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Eolan wrote:Im wondering also if the dwindling/dying of gwyns flame just led him to sire darker and darker beings. Gwyndolin being associated with the moon and thus night, might have been the final nail. He was his last child.

I have a hard time reading your posts in a serious tone with that cute fluffy Nito staring at me!

Tho this seems like a good theory. Though I wonder what Gwynevere was really like since the one we see is an illusion.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

I think her statue stays the same so its an illusion but a nearly accurate one. About as accurate as his crude depiction of her in painted form.

Best nito ever. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 pm