Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
sinisterapathy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Eolan
DoughGuy
Serious_Much
Imarreteet23
skarekrow13
User
12 posters

A Test of Sorts...

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

A Test of Sorts... - Page 3 Empty Re: A Test of Sorts...

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Eolan... you didn't show much in sad. Dark, it seems, interests me. I am actually curious, close to fascination. I will see the other content of this band known as the 'Tool'
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 pm

fearandwhiskey wrote:Since nothing seems to grab you, why not go old? Like old blues Bessie Smith old.

I'll try that, Whiskey. Thank you.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Whiskey... I think I will download 'Careless Love Blues' and "Nobody knows you when you're down and out". I like Jazz, I got some tracks on the Ipod. I know it may not be classified as such, but the music seems similar, and in fact likable. Of course, it ain't dark enough. happy

As for Eolan, you are not Sad enough, but I can say that I am going to download the 'Tools' when I can. It is interesting, the music, the lyrics. Interesting, just interesting. I might be listening to more of em. Still, it is also not Dark enough to put a frown on me.

lol
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 am

http://prewarblues.org/
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 am

happy well, whiskey, I will check it tomorrow. For now, I'm a rest for the night. Lots of work tomorrow, and need rest for tomorrow. We'll see what else I can find tomorrow. Maybe I'll find what I am looking for in the past times that is now almost a century away. We'll see soon, sweetheart.

As for now, good night.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 12:37 am

When you wake up hopefully something stuck in your sleep. We're definitely different acidic. Meant we share an interest in psychology is all. The wrasslin name is great recall but not the important part. You'll find the sing you seek eventually
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 30, 2012 4:17 am

It's not really sad or dark, but Melancholy Hill is possibly one of the most emotional songs ever to grace this generations ears. Shame half of them misssed it watching Rhianna...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 10:11 am

skarekrow13 wrote:When you wake up hopefully something stuck in your sleep. We're definitely different acidic. Meant we share an interest in psychology is all. The wrasslin name is great recall but not the important part. You'll find the sing you seek eventually

lol, I remember that now. Yes, I do remember you took Psychology and Criminology, right?

I did not have much in anything sticking in my dream... although I remember someone that was looking like the Butcher in Dark Souls was acting similar to the Monsters in Amnesia. I survived and ran for about a few hours... then I got a rope and whacked it. lol

Maybe I will find some music later today. Maybe...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 am

Yeah, except for possible Monkey chasing Weasel connections that dream doesn't sound very musical. I got another suggestion for you. Not sure the atmosphere is right for you but this song is a lot like Dark Souls in that it tells a story but you need to look at a lot of little clues to figure it out. The lyrics are minimal with only two verses and two others that could be considered a "chorus." The chorus lines are identical both times but the verse lines have a subtle difference or two. Also, and I'm only giving this clue because you'd have to read the lyrics sheet to absolutely get it, but there's one word that sounds really out of place that's used a couple times. He's actually singing a made up word with a tiny change in one syllable that completely changes the meaning. So anyway.....the song is:

"Catamaran" by Kyuss

There's a couple interpretations of what story is being told, so just like Dark Souls, you can find your own meaning.

EDIT: Bonus song since it's sad/dark but reflects a much different topic than most sad songs (lost love, death etc.).

"God Am" by Alice in Chains
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

lol, I'll check them out soon, Skare. I promise ya that much.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 am

I know you will Acidic. The real question is which foot is a match for the glass slipper?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 am

Right now, I am listening to some songs I had found myself... one of them was a song I wanted for a while, but never been able to get it for some reason.

'Paint it Black' by Rolling Stones. Old song, The music is very loud spoken... yet the song is just dark enough. A song that interests me in the metaphors and symbolism it has... but it is not Dark or Sad enough. For some reason, when I listen, I smile. I know I shouldn't, but I do.

Perhaps there will be the right foot for the glass slipper. Hopefully, the slipper does not shatter from any of the other foots first, eh? lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah. Damn fragile footwear. I've never understood that choice. Did they want her feet to get mutilated? "Paint it Black" is their best song by far. Not a big fan of the Stones but that's a great one.

Although I think Glen Tipton improved it a little......

ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed May 30, 2012 11:30 am

(inreference to original question) Make it Stop by November's children just depressing
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

I listened to the Songs, Skare. Thanks, but I'll pass.

ARSP, you didn't give me a sad song, or even dark; You gave me an amping song. like fire. Ya!

Seriously, though, I still can not find it.... perhaps a sunlight Maggot might infect me too. Or, wait... maybe it would be... a Baby skeleton? Maybe. Some creature of Dark and Small, of course. Some Bone Parasite, probably.

lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 4:18 pm

I guess I should digress to the past or future songs... the past seems easier to reach, though.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Eolan, what is this... Schism, Parabola?

This is strange... hm.

:shock: You never hear of Tool? I didnt mention them because they are not sad...They are one of my faorite bands though. Pretty much every song they make is good. Be sure to listen to dier von satan...its about cookies. big grin

The Noose by A perfect Circle is pretty dark...Oh yeah dont forget the old M.A.S.H themesong "sucide is painless" i think thats what its called anyway..

Anything by Otep...kind of like a death metal band with a pretty little lesbian lady that with screams that make Corey Taylor sound like a little girl...but she can also sing pretty well.

Perhaps you could give more information as to the kind of sound you're looking for?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 4:57 pm

No, I never did. I never knew any band would name themselves 'Tool'. besides, everyone I am around is very... hipster, pop-star fanatics. Tool seems to opposite of that, I think. Good band, good songs. The visuals... metaphorically and symbolically they are genius. Somehow, they are strange and alien to me... the one that I can say was the msot strange was Schism. Eh...

I'll check the other songs, thanks.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed May 30, 2012 5:11 pm

That is a good way to describe them...oh yeah!!! listen to "Sober" by them..its sad and dark as hell...the video is awesome.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 30, 2012 9:12 pm

https://youtu.be/4kCcA1qlnTM

I prefer the J Coulton version, but Leanord Cohen does the original. This song pretty much puts me into a great depression whenever I hear it, in fact I made sure you mute the sound before typing this haha.

Famous Blue Raincoat, definitely.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Well, Foxy boy from MGS, I must say that the songs were ok... I could not find Anywthing from Otep, though I did find the rest. Thank you, but I did not find them sad, nor dark, enough.

I had been listening to some of the retro songs that Whiskey has given me. Not finished with that yet. But I guess I will take a break, and check out Tolvo now.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Sounds like Adultry, Tolvo. I must say, it isn't Dark enough, nor Sad. Sorry... it just didn't grab me well, my friend.

Perhaps someone may get the right one, or my search will. This test is agitating. Perhaps the old times had it coming with some Sad or Dark songs. We'll see.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 pm

It's all good, I'm one of those Hopeless romantic types so it just clicks with me, but yeah it isn't going to effect everyone the same way.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 pm

I know... but it seems that the many songs that they saw Dark, or even Sad, just did not effect me the same. Perhaps I fell too deep in a shadow to. lol, we'll see. Maybe I will be wrong. I am curious.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

I'm also fond of Leonard Cohen. Tom Waits and Nick Cave, too--that deep-voiced thing. i was thinking that maybe Cook doesn't actually want sad at all. Try listening to The Drift by Scott Walker. That album sounds like nightmares.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 pm