Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Pharaun
Rynn
6 posters

Any reason people hate the bandits knife?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Any reason people hate the bandits knife? Empty Any reason people hate the bandits knife?

Post by Rynn Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:11 pm

I made a new character, level 35, thief, has 40 faith and 2 attunement slots... anyway I've been PvPing in the forest... and I have to ask; Is there any particular reason the bandits knife is so universally hated by people? I've received plenty more hatemail then before, and my K/D ratio isn't that much higher... (of course, level 120 char compared to 35 = skewed comparison).

I'm equiped with a Bandits Knife, and a Parrying Knife; shouldn't it be obvious I'm looking to parry or backstab you? If so, then why do I receive so much hatemail when I do my 600 and 800 damage stabs?
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Any reason people hate the bandits knife? Empty Re: Any reason people hate the bandits knife?

Post by Pharaun Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:26 pm

I run that weapon set from time to time figuring that it is a tell for everyone how I am going to play. Every once in a while a high risk/reward session is needed to keep you sharp. I try the parry more and only go for backstabs when it pretty much given.

The funny thing is when people see me with that setup all they try to do is backstab me!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Any reason people hate the bandits knife? Empty Re: Any reason people hate the bandits knife?

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 pm

When I see someone with a bandit's knife, I figure they're going to be circling me the entire fight, particularly if they have high poise armor (tank hit, circle, backstab). Your setup is clearly a bit different. I'm not sure why you get the hate.

May I suggest a mailbreaker. It's slightly less obvious and more effective in terms of riposte damage than the bandit's knife. It also looks similar to the parry knife, so you look slightly cooler than you would with a bandit's knife.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 pm

well its because sometimes people use it as lightning or chaos and with the high crit the bandit's dagger has it ends up doing 1000 damage on back/lagstabs and 1500 damage on ripostes without the hornet's ring

with the hornet's ring it ends up just one-shotting everyone with backstabs that does 1500 damage and hitting for 2000 with ripostes (believe me it has happened to me)

so yeah...its made for lagstabers to one-shot everyone and not give them any chance to fight back

Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

I can see the hate for the guy with the eagle shield and bandits knife, that is annoying. I feel like showing up with the parry dagger makes fair.
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 pm

I like the bandit`s knife for its fast attacks and bleed damage. Just doing 3-4 hits with it quickly and watch the enemy bleed is pure joy.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

strangejoy wrote:When I see someone with a bandit's knife, I figure they're going to be circling me the entire fight, particularly if they have high poise armor (tank hit, circle, backstab). Your setup is clearly a bit different. I'm not sure why you get the hate.

May I suggest a mailbreaker. It's slightly less obvious and more effective in terms of riposte damage than the bandit's knife. It also looks similar to the parry knife, so you look slightly cooler than you would with a bandit's knife.

How is it more effective? It does only 3 more points of damage at +15, has lower scaling, and less criticle.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Kujii wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:When I see someone with a bandit's knife, I figure they're going to be circling me the entire fight, particularly if they have high poise armor (tank hit, circle, backstab). Your setup is clearly a bit different. I'm not sure why you get the hate.

How is it more effective? It does only 3 more points of damage at +15, has lower scaling, and less criticle.

Go read my post in the general discussion page. No numbers yet though.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Like JS said, go check out his post. The thrusting swords beat the bandit's knife in parry and riposte damage. It's either because of a hidden modifier or because people have low defense to thrust damage.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:43 pm

I'll have to go test that on some people in the future, seems like an interesting oversight of sorts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 am