Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
BartholomewWenceslas
Quarik
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WyrmHero
Shkar
BoilerFan8472
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
14 posters

Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed Empty Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 pm

On the 30th of June, from 7pm CST I will be hosting a jousting tournemant. The rules are given below. At the moment I still need people to host and people to participate so if you're interested just post here.

Rules
    SL: 120
    Shield: Wooden Shield/East-West shield (for the look)
    Weapon: Pike or Winged spear (While any upgrade path is allowed fire works best). I should have one of each spare although they wont be +15, only +14. Other spears are allowed however these 2 were chosen for their range. Please ask if you can us a specific other spear.
    Armour: NO rings are allowed to be worn. The following sets are allowed.
    Knight
    Balder
    Chainmail
    Elite Knight
    Eastern
    Ornstein/Brass (I only want to allow one of these)
    Silver Knight
    Solaire's
    Any armour from these sets may be worn although full sets are preferred for looks.
    Magic: All forms of magic are banned. You may not buff your weapon nor yourself.

Arenas: The first arena is the bridge leading to ceaseless discharge.
    The second arena will be the bridges in the catacombs.
    The final arena will be the bridges in Sen's fortress. The swinging blades will be part of it to add a little extra fun.
    Anyone willing to host please specify what arena's you can host for. Also it would be preferable if you have a capture card or some means of recording the battle as a host so we can show the fights here after they are done.

Rewards: So hopefully we'll get a big turn out. Donations from others to use as rewards would be nice. Atm I have some chunks and I think a slab or two to give out.

Each person stands at an end of the arena then sprrints at the other before performing a dash attack. After your attack keep running. You only get the one attack.

The idea is simple as above. The shields were choen for their looks and low fire res. This way anyone can participate not needing scaling. In medieval times you wanted to hit the other persons shield not them hence the choice of fire wep vs low fire block. The winner is the one to kill the other jouster.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 am; edited 4 times in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed Empty Re: Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Hosts
    DoughGuy (PSN)
    Skarekrow13 (PSN)
    Spurgun (PSN)

Participants
    DeadlyHeretic (XBL)
    Wyrmhero (PSN)
    Serious_Much (PSN)

Last edited by DoughGuy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed Empty Re: Official Jousting tournament - Hosts and particpants needed

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 pm

hmm i really am trying to give dark souls a rest, but god do i love the pikes jump back r1...........this should be held on the bridge before ceasless, its easy to do pvp there and not many interuptions. plus cmon wheres a more pefect spot to run at each other with spears.

Edit: lol! i got so excited about the idea i commented before i finished reading. looks like we had the same idea, im in.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Alreday listed as an arena. You can thank Amos for that.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:19 pm

I won't be involved, (I detest thrust weapons) but I recently fell into a ton of stuff, so I can donate pretty much anything you'd like. Just pm me what you'd like to have as a prize and I'm resonably sure I'll have several i've no use for on at least one of my characters.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:19 pm

i love that area. i wish it was more active, but then again its kinda like a secret spot to meet for duels. i did a topic on it but not many replied about how awesome it is to duel on the bridge with no spells just melee. even better if everything is un-upgraded.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 pm

forum looks like both of us stumbled upon some donkeys winking those donkeys can hold a lot of stuff. twisted
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Thanks for the offer Forum, will do when I know ho wmany people will be fighting.
    Fruit yeah it does seem really good. A nice change of scenery and it would inspire a new way of fighting.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 pm

how do we determine the winner? Just the damage from the one attack?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 pm

I should probably add that. You just keep charging at one anothr till one dies.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 pm

O ok, but then won't the vit gouged builds have a huge advantage? Also are we allowed to use the flame stoneplate ring and flash sweat?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Magic will no tbe allowed. That ring will not be allowed. Makes it fairer to people who dont have it and means people dont have to worry about using fire or lightning or something else.
    I will make it no rings and no magic allowed.
    Keep these up Boiler. Anything else I missed?
    Remember the skill in winning comes from timing your attacks to hit them whilst there open and making sure their attack hits your shield.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:59 pm

That's all i can think of at the moment lol. I'll post more "problems" if i think of them
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 am

I would be happy to participate if we get a decent sized XBL group for it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 am

Well at the moment I only have 2 PS3 hosts. Hoping in a few more days more people will see this. I'll add you for now. Might ask broke to record the xbox side.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:07 am

I'm in, this gonna be fun. Low fire resistance armor? No Tarkus nor BK. What about Chaos? I want Solaire's Helm for this, and some knight armor.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:11 am

lol always good to know I missed so much. Might have to put up some official armours.
    As i said any upgrade path is allowed.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:14 am

What do you think of these
    Knight
    Balder
    Chainmail
    Elite Knight
    Eastern
    Ornstein/Brass (I only want to allow one of these)
    Silver Knight
    Solaire's
    Any armour from these sets may be worn wlthough full setw are preferred for looks.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:16 am

Are the weapons only the Pike and Winged Spear?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 am

Other spears may be allowed by you need to askme first. However most other spears will disadvatage yourself with smaller ranges.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Don't the Moonlight Butterfly Horn, DSS, and Demon's Spear also have long ranges?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I could help hosting (if you need another host). I can also help by donating, i have a lot of slabs and rare weapons right now.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Those aren't very knightly. Maybe the SKS?

Dough- I may join, but I don't have any 120's in the works that can use the Pike.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:30 pm

I'll join if I can get my solaire build done by then...I should be able to but you never know
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:53 pm

@Pendant I believe only the DSS is longer
    @Spur cool, Ill add you to the hosts
    @Q What spears can you use?
    @Boiler Speed level! Do a ton of co-op

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:24 pm