Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
User
fearandwhiskey
BackwardsBaboon
DeathlyLemons
TheirDamnation
NR-K
AquaZeroX26
DarkW17
Jovias-86
SunlightCrusader
White Knight Wulf
Wilkinson3424
NPCWhiteMage
Federally
Spurgun
DxV04
ZikoLogiKa NL
dancash1808
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
Shkar
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
27 posters

Gravesworn- Servants of the First

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Gravesworn- Servants of the First - Page 20 Empty Re: Gravesworn- Servants of the First

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Shkar wrote:
    ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:
    a less ''swirly-one'' , if that makes sense cheers (sorry Im Dutch)

There are two kinds of people in this world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the dutch. silly
    I have wanted to say that quote for so long, curse you!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gravesworn- Servants of the First - Page 20 Empty Re: Gravesworn- Servants of the First

Post by Brokewilly Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 pm

@NR-K - Yeah, that avatar and the Bonewheel pic is massive cool and the BP bonewheel skeletons in the background does add a nice touch.

I agree with Ziko - you want to take your STR to at least 24 to 1H the GLS.Since I use a Mura on my FH toon the GLS moveset is very similar maybe exactly the same so I have been able to adapt to it fairly quickly. The Mura does have a longer reach but both weapons running 1H and 2H attacks are the same which can seriously hurt an opponent if you can pull it off and they are not ready for it. Once you get a hang of the various movesets (exactly like the Mura - kinda strange at first in my opinion) it can be a deadly weapon. My FH toon has been beat-down a couple of times by an opponent with a GLS.

I do recommend either a reach weapon (Silver Knight spear, winged spear,etc) or faster sword type weapon (BSS, silvernight sword, katana, etc) to back it up when you face a quicker opponent.

Keep spreading the misery bro.

All hail the Great Gravelord Nito!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:18 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:
    a less ''swirly-one'' , if that makes sense cheers (sorry Im Dutch)

There are two kinds of people in this world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the dutch. silly
    I have wanted to say that quote for so long, curse you!

Well, my work here is done. Fair well Dark Souls Forum Goers, it was a heck of a ride.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:25 pm

LoL @ Shkar

any reason in particular you guys wanted to mention that joke to a guy from The Netherlands ? :roll:

@ Willy

Thanks for the additional info , fellow curved sword brother :pirat:

Are you using the GLS on your new gravelord ???

Yeah , A Silver Knight Spear on the left with the GLS on the right would be awesome !

My Great scythe build uses the SKS on the left and I love it , you are able to punish the fastest people (with katana's) who only attack once & backstep immidiatly after it too 8)

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Because we are intolerant of you silly
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I accept zero tolerance , so we're cool guys , we're all on the same side 8)
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:24 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:LoL @ Shkar

any reason in particular you guys wanted to mention that joke to a guy from The Netherlands ? :roll:

@ Willy

Thanks for the backup info , fellow curved sword brother :pirat:

Yeah , A Silver Knight Spear on the left with the GLS on the right would be awesome !

My Great scythe build uses the SKS on the left and I love it , you are able to punish the fastest people (with katana's) who only attack once & backstep immidiatly after it too 8)

Ziko - you got me hooked on dual wielding. My FH toon wields the Mura/Bastard Sword in RH and the Pike/DSS/SKS in the LH. My GL toon wields the BSS (with touch of "rock candy" (CMW)) in the RH and the SKS in the LH. I still need to fight a lot more with the set-up but dual-wielding is a very viable fighting style in this game. I have only encountered 1 or 2 opponents that dual wielded so I'm curious why its not used more often.

Keep spreading the misery brethren!!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 am

My GL toon wields the BSS (with touch of "rock candy" (CMW)) in the RH and the SKS in the LH

Oouch !!!

lol , great you are into dual wielding and loving it now too , it definitely adds a new dimension to the fighting style & it allows for some awesome mindgames , baits & setups big grin

If you are not parrying or using rapiers , Using a shield only slows you down during the fight because you become a target , rather then a ''projectile'' big grin

It's nice connecting a poke with the SKS on the enemies shield from a distance & connect with your right-hand weapon immidiatly after it.
    NR-K
    NR-K
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NR-K Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 am

@Ziko - hey np man. Glad you like it!

@Broke - Thanks man. Yeah ziko's bonewheel build made me a bit creative while working on it. good to have some inspiring content when doing fun stuff like that. If you give me any ideas for a sig you wold like i'd be happy to work something out sometime. ^^

my avatar was just a Tarkus pic I edited. Fairly easy tbh. But turned out nice all the same. happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:17 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:LoL @ Shkar

@ Willy

Thanks for the additional info , fellow curved sword brother :pirat:

Are you using the GLS on your new gravelord ???

The GLS also works well as a left handed weapon, it attacks much faster on the left then the right!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:25 am

MWHAHAHA bring me more lackeys.... I mean Minions.... aw crap....
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 am

The gravelord sword attacks faster from the left...? I think we need a list of what weapons do that. rynn has said the parrying dagger and the BSS both do. any others?
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:35 am

Viral can you be back at home so you can fix the members post cuz in not in the Ebon Hand and im not on PSN
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 am

I played around with the GLS in the left hand and yes I would agree the sword does swing faster in the left hand - with one caveat you cannot block with the GLS in the left hand (both the L1 and L2 are horizontal swings) which I thought was strange. I'm not sure I am would use the GLS in a dual-wield configuration but one never knows. :face:

@NR-K - I will definitely take you up on that offer to do a specialized avatar for me. I think I have a idea of what I want. I will PM you on the forum with some rough details. The artistic side of my brain never fully developed - so I will rely on your artistic ability to keep me in-line lol! . Thank you for the offer - I am sure we can come up equitable compensation for the work Proper Bow .

Keep spreading Nito's misery to the masses!!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:MWHAHAHA bring me more lackeys.... I mean Minions.... aw crap....

Welcome back Viral !

@ Fed / Dan

The murakumo & falchion also swing faster if you are wielding them on the left , the large club does not. Those are the only ones I know for sure at the moment.

But left-handed spears are awesome , there's almost no recovery penalty for missing a poke & it doesn't cost much stamina to attack with
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Hey Dx i cant join the tour man ill definetly have to work and i might have someone dropping into town to visit(yay havent seen her in a year big grin )

Like the guys said when you can join you will be welcomed. I don't know what your time zone is but do you usually start work in the morning or at night? or all day?
    at night i usually work from 4pmish to 10pmish depending on the amount of orders we have

Well we start 1 PM cst so if you feel up to it you can hang out with us for an hour or so. When ever you can big grin. We can help you level up if we have to.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:37 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:MWHAHAHA bring me more lackeys.... I mean Minions.... aw crap....
    lol!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Broke, that avatar is the bomb! :bom: :bom: :bom:

And it is accurate to the anime too!! cheers
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 pm

@ NR-K

If you like try something again one time ,

Ive got another picture of a character who Id love to have a signature of , mainly in black & white.

If you can think of a way for me to repay you I will gladly accept.,

but my only artistic-skills involve writing & rhyming , preferebly combined :pirat:
    NR-K
    NR-K
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NR-K Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:26 pm

@Broke / Ziko

Of course. Send the info and i'll see what i can cook up. big grin

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Ok masterchef NR-K.,

Ive just sent you a PM with the pictures & some info
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Again, I appreciate the advice. I went with the uchi simply because of the low DEX requirement. If I ever decide to go up from SL 60 to SL 80 I may upgrade to the Iato (which is my main weapon on my SL 120 on Xbox) or even the silver knight spear, but for SL 60 I figured i couldn't afford to put STR AND DEX in the twenties!

And as far as duel wielding goes, I'm really just now starting to rely more on dodging than blocking (kinda had to adapt when i started playing Demons Souls!) I'm finding the gcs is staying on my back more and more, but I still like having a shield to fall back on if i get in a jam.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:43 am

yea im the same i like having the option to block/parry thou im a heavy defensive player depending on who im using. i guess its just habit since i play a lot of fighters. Block until someone whiffs a move and then punish accordingly and dont get greedy
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:45 am

I used to block ALL THE TIME but I've really been trying to adjust my playstyle a bit. Dodge more, block less. With my msgs build I'm a lot more "in your face" just swinging & dodging, and I'm doing pretty well with it lately (well for me.) The gls, however, is taking me a little getting used to, so I'm having to block & try to bait mistakes more. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 pm

BackwardsBaboon wrote:I used to block ALL THE TIME but I've really been trying to adjust my playstyle a bit. Dodge more, block less. With my msgs build I'm a lot more "in your face" just swinging & dodging, and I'm doing pretty well with it lately (well for me.) The gls, however, is taking me a little getting used to, so I'm having to block & try to bait mistakes more. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.

@ Backwards - you will get used to GLS soon - just keep practicing with it.Just remember it is a wind up weapon (the same as the Mura or Server - I got my butt beat down last night for the first time by a red using Server :shock: - he was pretty good with it). You should start swinging before you opponent gets within sticking distance (this is also why you see some players facing away, swing then face back to the opponent with the next swing) - once you get the GLS wound up the following swings appear to be a bit quicker.Plus now you have the stun-lock effect to rely on if you connected when your opponent was closing in. Also remember the dead angles - if you opponent has a shield and is in close range - take your lock off and go to town. Also, it is more difficult to be parried since your attacks not aimed at your opponent's center of mass - you can still be parried though so still use a bit of caution.

Good times people good times.

All hail Gravelord Nito!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:19 pm