Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
T-King-667
User
DamageCK
Forum Pirate
Noob-of-Artorias
ZikoLogiKa NL
Federally
eminusx
Azran
Maneater_Mildred
bloodpixel
WyrmHero
Buggy Virus
FruitPunchNinja
18 posters

What do you want the devs to focus on in the next game?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What do you want the devs to focus on in the next game? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you want the devs to focus on in the next game?

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:57 am

If i got behind you with one, Its quite concievable I trip you and drop my axe into your body as I follow you down.

Did you play demons? In my experience backstabs in active combat there were rather rare, they were mostly heal or cast punishes (ie the guy getting bsd made a stupid mistake) and actual stealth attacks.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What do you want the devs to focus on in the next game? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you want the devs to focus on in the next game?

Post by Federally Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:32 am

Forum Pirate wrote:If i got behind you with one, Its quite concievable I trip you and drop my axe into your body as I follow you down.

Did you play demons? In my experience backstabs in active combat there were rather rare, they were mostly heal or cast punishes (ie the guy getting bsd made a stupid mistake) and actual stealth attacks.

Well those instances make sense, as opposed to a guy hit R1 0.5 seconds before I roll.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:46 pm

i just had a great idea, how str weapons do that first hit for barely any damage then do the follow up for the massive dmg, what if you pressed roll right in between(timed similar to a parry) you were able to roll away.then on top of that have nothing like the hornet ring, master ring would be much better and more balanced(20% dmg increase on crit,30% dmg decrease on normal attacks big grin). also a kick move like the one from the dlc trailer(spin kick) being added to cancel out bs attempts would be a great addition, maybe we will see that in dlc.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 pm

This isn't mortal Kombat...........

Also, wtf are you talking about? Str weapons always hit really hard, not just on follow up strikes.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 pm

On the comment that heavy weapons can't be parried, I disagree. The parry is a fundamental game mechanic, especially in PvP.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:31 pm

@Forum: Mortal Kombat? When you bs with a str weapon(almost all of them) they do that first attack usually for around 100hp fully upgraded, then do the actual dmg of 1000+ dmg on the follow up. I dont mean to have it so you can get out everytime, but make it so you do have a chance to roll out if timed correctly.

@DamageCk: I agree, even if it isnt super realistic it is something that would throw of the balance imo. Maybe have more str weapons with an r2 that cant be parried or more unique jumping attacks.

for the not so important things i would like to see: Beards(totally agree i always put my male characters facial hair as high as possible but its barely noticeable in game),No ugly undead form(i want my character to look the way i designed them, looking like that while cursed would be cool), Heavily tweek poise mechanics or remove completely(guess thats kinda major actually tongue)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Fed I'm not a fan of DkS PvE. After playing it lots of time it gets quite boring and I just want to see more cinematics because I love that in video games. Not as button mashing I don't know how they could implement it, but I want cinematics in-battle.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 pm

No one ever used the heavy weapons in demons, and you couldn't parry them. It was all dual kats and the pole hammer weapon whos name I can't spell. It wouldn't unbalance the game, it would offset that dex weapons are better in every other respect.

As for the bs escape thing, bad idea. Thats a poor solution to a problem a simple hit box tweak would fix better. If gankers could escape from my bs attempts like that, I'd never kill them. Ever.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Strength weapons still have stunlock, higher damage output, and easy dead angles. Truthfully, you could make an argument for both sides. Dex BUILDS get added advantages like cast times, but I think the actual weapon balance is fine.

They could implement some sort of strength stat bonus comparable to the one dex gets with cast times, then I'm cool.

If you take away the option to parry strength weapons, what's to stop people from just R1 spamming? That is THE reason I don't do it. Because I know that if I see someone swing more than once, it's game over.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Dex gets the curved greatswords, which dead angle far better than any weapon in game, and their damage easily rivals most str weapons, they also stunlock everything and are faster than most str weapons.

What should stop str weapon users from spamming r1 is huge stamina consumption. Like max 3 swings. If all 3 hit you're probably dead, but if they missed they're so wide open its not even funny because now they're out of stamina and can't dodge. I also specified weapons 10+lbs, so such stamina drain is more than justified.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 pm

The focus is to make something like Dark and Demon Souls, and to be like Dark Souls is to Demon Souls; Take what is good, and put stuff that would make the game more interesting, better, or innovating... depending on your taste, be different for different people, but the game should aim to reach better quality... in everything.

That should be for any game that has a version that is based on something earlier
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am

In fact, I want a boss battle so big, it is about 7246296472 times more epic than the final fight against the anti-spirals. I want my controller to become a tool of justice in my own hands and utterly crush the final boss with my bare fists powered with the energy of 100000 suns. I want to shoot gamma rays out of my hands like kamehamehas. I want energy wings coming out of my back. I want the boss explosion so huge it makes the Big Bang look like a sparkler.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 am

bloodpixel wrote:In fact, I want a boss battle so big, it is about 7246296472 times more epic than the final fight against the anti-spirals. I want my controller to become a tool of justice in my own hands and utterly crush the final boss with my bare fists powered with the energy of 100000 suns. I want to shoot gamma rays out of my hands like kamehamehas. I want energy wings coming out of my back. I want the boss explosion so huge it makes the Big Bang look like a sparkler.

So you want some kind of hybrid of the last fight in MGS4, with a little Dragonball Z, some Gundam and a dash of death star explosion?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:47 am

I long awaited a topic like this to come up, nows my chance to vent like a mofo on the issues i have with both demons/dark souls.

Demons souls had dedicated servers, but in dark souls they decided to go backwards and have p2p. In the next souls title pleeeease have dedicated again. Wanna know why you had to wait 5-20 mins sometimes to summon a friend in dark souls but in demons souls it would appear in 1-5 seconds? grand ol p2p and the odd thing is the japanese dark souls servers (made by from software) is actually dedicated. So my only guess is its because of namco bandai.

Another large problem with demons souls was that the entire fast roll was pretty miuch an invincibility frame, thus you were able to pretty much roll through anything like a ghost. In dark souls they fixed this buuuttt herp a derp lets throw in a flippy ring that also has a invincibility frame where you can literally flip through any melee/magic attack thus making it a great choice to pair up with a hornets ring for some nice fresh laggy teleporting backstabbys that were 1 hit kills the majority of the time. Oh and this ring can be use by people rocking heavy as hell armor with the poise of a pickup truck so they are tough, can backstab fish with the poise and they can flip all over the place as well, can you believe that? a flipping tank... It dident take long before the fanbase took note of this overly ridiculous ring, i did a survey awhile back and i recorded every grain wood user that i pvped against out of 30 players 2 of them DIDENT use it. Im gonna be honest the ring needs to be patched where theres no invincibility frame, either that or only light characters can use it, i dont believe a guy with havels gauntlets/leggings with tower chest piece, with a mask of father should be able to flip all over the place.

There should be better support too with frequent updates and patches, when will the unlimited dev blessings glitch be fixed? when will the wog glitch be fixed where people can just turn 180 and now the wog is unblockable (like the block damage wasent enough)? The dragon+bow instakill glitch, when will this be fixed? and theres so much more i can list, but it just felt like in demons souls glitches and other op problems were patched before they even really became a huge problem, but it feels like tha tsupport is gone in dks, one patch is all we got so far.

Something i would like to see in the next souls game is the ability to get an a.i henchmen (kinda like a companion in skyrim) i dont know why but ive always had an odd obsession with a.i companions like the game fable (the first one) i bought a few weeks ago, i beat the game and the entire time i had two hired henchmen with me, Maybe to some it would make the game too easy? but i always enjoyed a companion. How can this be implemented in dark souls or the next souls title? Well we all know of the crestfallen (depressed) soldier at the begining of both demons/dark souls. There down because they simply gave up on fulfilling their mission, so maybe you help them out or get somthing for them that will give them hope then they agree to help you out. So they tag along with you (similar to how a summoned phantom npc would) and when they die they would pop out of the bonfire where you first found them. The only way to heal them is when they rest at a bonfire with you. since dark souls was so diffrent from ds there probably wont be bonfires in the next souls title. So youd probably have to heal them another way.

electric/flame weps: My biggest problem with these is that they are nearly as powerful as a regular wep+15 with your str and dex at 40. My main problem is that people abuse the high base damage of both electric and flame weapons mainly when they make a sl 10 character and equipt all of this heavy duty armour and have an electric+5 pokey sword and start beating on newer players in the burg. they got 500+ hours experience in dks but they cant help but beat on new players i see it every time i start a new toon. So maybe you cant invade new players when your wep damage is above 300? just an idea.

That was a well needed vent, please excuse my spelling errors, and thanks for opening a thread like this where i can whine. Ill add some more later when i think of some.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:28 am

Sooooooooo, you want dedicated teams continually tweaking things for balance? I don't think the soul series is worth enough money for that atm.

And the infinite db glitch isn't just dbs, and its more common than you'd think, its only rarely used as an infinite db supply to heal every 4 seconds, its mostly to level pvp builds quickly and eliminate farming for grass, moss and throwing knives.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:34 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Sooooooooo, you want dedicated teams continually tweaking things for balance? I don't think the soul series is worth enough money for that atm.

And the infinite db glitch isn't just dbs, and its more common than you'd think, its only rarely used as an infinite db supply to heal every 4 seconds, its mostly to level pvp builds quickly and eliminate farming for grass, moss and throwing knives.

And I don't want the BB glitch fixed. I've used it to restart builds I screwed up or morph a build unto something rose. I would have lost interest in DkS if I had to start completely over every time I want a new Cosplay or want to experiment.

The real problem isn't the BB glitch anyways, poor balance of elemental weapons and the DWGR are the problem.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 am

1 thing;

A better online system. The game is beautiful, but could've been perfect with a more solid online experience. Use dedicated servers etc. That's really my only wish.

But the fact that the internet is full of complaints about that (From even apologized, but in my opinion Scamco was the faulty party here) I think with the next game that will be their priority.

I agree with T-King. Never bandai Scamco again!
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Sooooooooo, you want dedicated teams continually tweaking things for balance? I don't think the soul series is worth enough money for that atm.

not continually as in every week but at least every month or two it would be nice to see a pacth, but i mean if they made a patch now fixing the bigest problems i noted of earlier then they wouldent have to keep patching it because some of the biggest issues would be gone. And thos problems have been there and fairly frequent for a long time. some people may like doing the glitch to get 99 db so that they can do playthroughs easier and what not but its not fun facing an invader who has 99 of the damn things.

@ Lebowski: Its not like namco is horrible but i would like to see the msg's i write on the ground actually get a rating, in demons souls even nowadays my msg's get rating but in dks the highest rated msg i seen on the ground had 176 ratings and that was an npc's msg (solaire's) where in ds, you can frequently find players msg's on the ground easily that had 500+ ratings. Now if you want any ratings at all you have to place a sign in front of a lever saying "lever" thos are the only signs i seen with 20+ ratings lmao.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm

disagree with the idea about a companion, the isolation is what makes dark souls so compelling on your first playthrough, it really adds to your sense of achievement so I think it would be a shame to jeapordise that by adding a partner.

I do agree with trying to pin down the DWGR and the weapon disparity between invaders and victims tho. The problem is, if you put something that can be exploited into a game, it will be exploited, on the flipside (see what I did there), some people simply dont feel confident and need all the help they can get to level the playingfield and might rely on the DWGR for PvE. Personally i dont touch the DWGR, like you say, the gymnastics look completely mental when youve got some heavy armour on.
    Someone mentioned earlier about providing a good 6 month Beta before release, which I think is a great idea, given FROM's ability to listen to their fans it could be a great way to nip the overpowered items in the bud. I think that could also eliminate at least some of the requirement for later patches. .
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm

MAGIC EXSISTS. You're "looks unrealistic" argument everyone always mentions is completely invalid just based on that alone. Especially as the ring is obviously magically aiding you.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:MAGIC EXSISTS. You're "looks unrealistic" argument everyone always mentions is completely invalid just based on that alone. Especially as the ring is obviously magically aiding you.

I said it looks mental, I never mentioned the word 'unrealistic', its ridiculousness has nothing to do with the feasibility of actually doing a roll with your newfound 'magical' abilities, everybody knows that flipping about in heavy armour is completely possible if you wear a magic ring! lol
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Shooting fire from my hands and waving around swords bigger than I am look mental too.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 pm

thats a fair point!

its sometimes hard for me to differentiate between Dark Souls and reality!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:59 pm

^ i forget what post i said it in, but i would love for fromsoft to make a realistic medieval game and have a central hub kinda like the nexus where the online takes place(either challenge someone to a duel or find 2 co op partners). instead of invasions they could have the option of being on the opposite side of another players game(maybe having it so at full capacity it could be 3vs3).if you played offline there could be three npc extra difficult enemies and if online and someones in your world they would take that npcs place. remember realistic, no magic,monsters,or elemental weapons ext. something like the bolateria lvl in demons souls except with improved AI.in place of monsters and demons for variety you could add lions,tigers,and bears.oh my bounce
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:27 pm

You're being an ***. You know damn well what my point was, and you know damn well its valid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:11 pm