Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
kramage
omega Elf
WyrmHero
ErrJon6661
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
TehInfamousAmos
RANT
dancash1808
JoeBroski09
14 posters

Horrible Fighting in the Burg Video GIVE ME TIPS!

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Horrible Fighting in the Burg Video GIVE ME TIPS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Horrible Fighting in the Burg Video GIVE ME TIPS!

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:11 am

Vitality is 20.

What do you think of using Ricard's? I've never really liked it... but, hey, I put it to 15 for kicks and giggles.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Horrible Fighting in the Burg Video GIVE ME TIPS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Horrible Fighting in the Burg Video GIVE ME TIPS!

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 am

I like Ricard's just make sure to have something to parry with in your off-hand (Target Shield?) so that you can get free shots with Ricard's R2.

Also, look into getting buffs. Don't know how much INT or Faith you have, but it's worth considering.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 am

LOL yes, that's why I didn't recommend it to you because I know you love your G. Halberd. You could also try a Short Bow or a rapier.... I really don't know how to play with halberds yet. I love the scythes though and I'm pretty good at them. I don't use the dead angling nor nothing I just fight lock on always :oops: . But scythes are more easy to use in my opinion...
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 am

............................... Pendant? Look at the build I posted earlier in the thread. Point Forward
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 am

WyrmHero wrote:LOL yes, that's why I didn't recommend it to you because I know you love your G. Halberd. You could also try a Short Bow or a rapier.... I really don't know how to play with halberds yet. I love the scythes though and I'm pretty good at them. I don't use the dead angling nor nothing I just fight lock on always :oops: . But scythes are more easy to use in my opinion...
    They are easier to use, you pansy! Same overall attack speed, but less stagger if you miss. Meaning if you hit, and I hit, I'll be recovering faster than you. Easier to use type of weapon. SO! Once I get good, I'll be super fast. This halberd usually doesn't leave me open for BS's, but, like you guys said, I was practically kissin' my opponent with how close I was... jeez.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 am

Oh, sorry, didn't see that. That's a lot of DEX though, you should take that to its fullest advantage.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 am

Or with that low Vit you could take off RoFAP for RTS ring and Power Within. Use a base Pyro Flame and a Sanctus for less PW drain.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Oh, sorry, didn't see that. That's a lot of DEX though, you should take that to its fullest advantage.
    It's for my pyromancy.

Get Eki in here. He'll defend my love for these weapons I use!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 am

WyrmHero wrote:Or with that low Vit you could take off RoFAP for RTS ring and Power Within. Use a base Pyro Flame and a Sanctus for less PW drain.
    herpaderpthat'snotabadidea derp. Shrug I'm too afraid to take off my RoFaP.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:25 am

It's just your build is kind of glass-cannony, so you might look into maximizing your damage as much as you can, seeing as how 1 BS will, more often than not, 1HKO you. So I wouldn't concern myself too much with defense in your case.

Something like the Red Tearstone Ring could work for you, even better with a Power Within and an unupgraded Pyro Flame. Crown of Dusk also would make your Pyros noticeably stronger.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 am

lol!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 am

I can do PW. But as my build stands, I don't wanna change my equipment. sad

How much poise do I need to resist the MLGS?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:29 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 am

53 is the cut-off for Greatswords. So I don't see why it would be any different for the MLGS. Though keep in mind it is very lightweight as greatswords go so its swing speed is very fast for its class weapon so it does stunlock faster.

But as far as how much poise you need, I don't think it is any different than say a MSGS.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 am

Just noticed that I got ninja'ed by Wyrm. lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 am

http://tinyurl.com/86oqekc

If only the lore matched.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 am

twisted
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 am

I just put on the set. It looks too good sad
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 am

Ok. I got a way to have 60 poise and even less weight than I had before, and so I can use a shield now.

That being effing said... I suck at using a shield. I just suck. I LITERALLY don't know when to use it and when to attack when I have it. I just.. I mean.. SERIOUSLY. I feel extremely inept at this game right now haha!... gosh, I need a berak.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 am

Use the R1 + shield turtling combo!!!! The Halberds R1 are so ridiculous and fast that catch many off guard lol (me for example).
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 am

I just need to practice. Maybe play some PvE on my tank for a while. I literally haven't used a shield AT ALL in weeks. over a month maybe.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 am

I use shields pretty well. I used them with the Hand Axe, katanas, spear and rapier turtling and parry sometimes.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:17 am

I made my no-shield character and then stopped using them altogether because I didn't feel like it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:17 am