Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Estebanx1
Forum Pirate
bloodpixel
TehInfamousAmos
CaptanSpudsy
skarekrow13
DamageCK
billy_bayonet
Owl
13 posters

Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss

Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss Empty Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss

Post by Owl Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:56 am

I figured I would throw down a thread to get your take on what new enemies you all hope to see in the DLC (those we aren't already aware of anyway).

I must confess that I also started this thread to voice my deep lamentation that there are so few magic/caster enemies in Dark Souls. The Channelers are cool, but there aren't enough of them. I would have loved to see more scenarios in which the Channelers were buffing already powerful enemies to the point where the impetus was clearly on getting to the Channler and taking him out first.

I'll admit that I also really miss the Mind Flayers from Demon's Souls. They were just great enemies placed in an optimal setting to get your adrenaline going. At low SL, it really felt like a stealth dark fantasy prison escape with all of the Mind Flayers around

So what do you all hope to see in terms of enemy variety/combat scenarios with the DLC? In addition, feel free to weigh in on my assessment (and disappointment) regarding the lack of magic using enemies in Dark Souls as it exists today.

Last edited by Owl on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Redundancy)
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss Empty Re: Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Flamelurker.....
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss Empty Re: Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss

Post by DamageCK Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:17 pm

I just want to be challenged again.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm looking forward to Skarekrow gardeners but I miss the World Tendency bad to the bone, kill you dead, Black Phantoms. Flying enemies besides mosquitoes and dragons that often fall to their death.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Really, really, big sh*t.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Screw it... Final Fantasy people will understand this...

Tonberries.

and DeS enemies.
    Maneaters - but as trash mobs.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm

tonberry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 pm

I want trash mobs to be groups of Ornsteins and Smoughs, while the mini bosses would all be powered up Flamelurkers that travel in pairs and respawn.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:04 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:Flamelurker.....
    This. I mince the fire sage, but that thing is always an enormous pain.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:05 pm

its the only boss i ever purposefully die on! so i can do it again
    Estebanx1
    Estebanx1

Post by Estebanx1 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 pm

I hope that Artorias will truely test our skills and puts us in a situation where we have to plan our next move carefully then just flailing our swords.Enemies you hope to see in the DLC / Demon's enemies you miss D4ya6wt

Last edited by Estebanx1 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Shadow Chosen Undead

Like Shadow Link, except it replicates Chosen Undead... and also works with phantoms too with Black Phantom Shadow Phantoms silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Meh. Should I buy Demon Souls? I'm not really finished with Dark Souls... but... I probably should get Demon Souls finished before the DLC, right?

Oh, and I would like to see more puzzle-type enemies. Like the Armor Bosses in KH. Oh yeah. I love that set of bosses in the series. Each section of armor needs to be killed, and it gets harder the more pieces you kill. Oh yeah big grin

Or like Dark Sora. Fight yourself. That'd be freaking awesome! It'd be the set if equipment you get when you first step through the fog gate. 'Cept, hopefully it'd be harder than Dark Sora.

big grin I like KH bosses a LOT
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 am

Wow, you guys are making me feel really good about myself for solo'ing flamelurker on the first try! Definitely an epic fight though! And the mind flayers...OMG! Scary $h!t right there!

I would really like them to bring back something like the old monk fight though. Could work well with Acidic's shadow chosen undead idea. You get summoned as a mirror image of the host and you have to fight them with the same equipment and everything. Every time you invade for that fight would be a total surprise!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 am

An entire legion of Penetrators :o

Of course they would have to make a stranger danger whistle if they go this route... :pale:
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 am

^ OHHhhh ho ho hoho! I see what you did there! HA! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:46 pm