Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
PPG-3-
sunbro
Flubious
justwant2play
Cloudrunner
theAnimus
RANT
Emergence
menianoon
Serious_Much
Scudman_Slayer
Carphil
ChizFreak
17 posters

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Poll

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    [ 3 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap12%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap8%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap4%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap0%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap24%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [24%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap4%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 12 ]
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_lcap48%What you miss most from Demons' Souls? I_vote_rcap [48%] 

    Total Votes: 25
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 pm

    Dark Souls took off a couple of things that were in Demons' Souls.
    So........
    What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    I personally miss most the HIGH regeneration that Divine Weapons gave, Sanctus's Regenration it's ridiculous (2 hp per 2 seconds) and it's not a weapon itself, it's a shield and it doesn't block 100% phys neither.

    EDIT: Forgot to add Blueblood sword, just vote other and mention it in a post if you miss it.

    This was my first poll so there may be BIG mistakes.

    Thanks for reading.


    Last edited by ChizFreak on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 28
    Location : Brazil

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm

    Second chance ;(
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:20 pm

    Before anyone tells me, I don't consider this should be in Demons' Souls forum because people must have played both before voting, and Dark Souls it's the later and more actual. Sorry for the bad English lol.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

    WHY ISN'T BLUEBLOOD SWORD IN THE POLL?!


    just kidding but seriosuly i miss that sword A LOT it was the best weapon in the game if you had over 30 luck because it would scale with it as well as with the other stats


    now they increased the weight of its older brother "greatsword of artorias" which was no cool and its underrated because of the 120 lvl cap



    that sword kicked ASS i loved it soo much

    but hey every boss soul weapon was good in that game

    unlike this one where they are not worth a damn
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 28
    Location : Brazil

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

    Boss weapons are only good in low-levels
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee


    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 31
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

    OBJECTION!

    It is a post about demon's and therefore belongs in that are of the forums silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:26 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:OBJECTION!

    It is a post about demon's and therefore belongs in that are of the forums silly

    It's a post about similarities between Demons' Souls and Dark Souls, and we are telling what's what we miss most from Demons' Souls because we are now playing Dark Souls and it's not 100% the same.

    DENIED.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 pm

    keep it in the dark souls thread

    its basically a dark souls discussion only that what you miss from demon's souls

    it would be the same way if someone posted a topic on the dmeon's souls thread of "what you think dark souls improved?"

    it would be a demon's souls discussion in my eyes
    menianoon
    menianoon
    Newbie
    Newbie


    Posts : 22
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 36

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by menianoon Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:31 pm

    I miss the Blue Blood Sword. I really wish that there was a one handed sword (that uses the long sword broad sword animations) with the same kind of set up.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

    menianoon wrote:I miss the Blue Blood Sword. I really wish that there was a one handed sword (that uses the long sword broad sword animations) with the same kind of set up.

    i feel your pain my heart was broken when i discovered that the greatsword of artorias was the new blueblood sword...buti n the form of a greatsword

    sad
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign


    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 110
    Location : Jupiter

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Emergence Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

    The Nexus.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 28
    Location : Brazil

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Carphil Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:40 pm

    Nexus was kinda replaced by firelink, but of course is not the same thing, I used to feel much, well, protected at the nexus, after fighting all those demons
    menianoon
    menianoon
    Newbie
    Newbie


    Posts : 22
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 36

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by menianoon Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    menianoon wrote:I miss the Blue Blood Sword. I really wish that there was a one handed sword (that uses the long sword broad sword animations) with the same kind of set up.

    i feel your pain my heart was broken when i discovered that the greatsword of artorias was the new blueblood sword...buti n the form of a greatsword

    sad

    That was definitely disheartening. I was able to make a pretty solid Str/Dex build around a +15 broadsword that I'm attempting to just slowly but surely max out as my 'main', but until I get to about level 200, this guy is going to be crippled for magic. BBS definitely provided a wonderful alternative to people who didn't super min/max their characters.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden


    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by RANT Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 pm

    black and white worlds
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:black and white worlds



    i have to agree buuut also disagree


    i liked the way the game would shift in difficulty


    however when it was pure black wolrd tendency on valley of deffilement i would not complete it in the swamp

    giant black phanton depraved ones = ouch
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 303
    Reputation : -3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : The Shape

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:55 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:OBJECTION!

    It is a post about demon's and therefore belongs in that are of the forums silly

    It's a post about similarities between Demons' Souls and Dark Souls, and we are telling what's what we miss most from Demons' Souls because we are now playing Dark Souls and it's not 100% the same.

    DENIED.

    It seems more like a nostalgia thread about Demon Souls, which would belong under the Demon forums. If a thread is mainly about Demon Souls, with little tiny bits of Dark sprinkled in (barely), I think the answer is obvious. The only reason you didn't post it there is that it wouldn't get as many views. Am I wrong?
    avatar
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Ash Lake

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

    Boss weapons actually being worth a damn. I can only think of a few boss weapons in Dark Souls that could even compare to fully upgraded standard weapons.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm

    theAnimus wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:OBJECTION!

    It is a post about demon's and therefore belongs in that are of the forums silly

    It's a post about similarities between Demons' Souls and Dark Souls, and we are telling what's what we miss most from Demons' Souls because we are now playing Dark Souls and it's not 100% the same.

    DENIED.

    It seems more like a nostalgia thread about Demon Souls, which would belong under the Demon forums. If a thread is mainly about Demon Souls, with little tiny bits of Dark sprinkled in (barely), I think the answer is obvious. The only reason you didn't post it there is that it wouldn't get as many views. Am I wrong?

    Yes, you are wrong, also I feel a bit of aggression in your post. You know the topic, don't derail it with posts that doesn't belong here, I don't want any fights.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 111
    Location : Latria

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by justwant2play Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:04 pm

    I miss the whole environment of Demon's Souls.

    Even though the graphics are superior in Dark Souls, it just doesn't have the same character as Demon's Souls.
    avatar
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Ash Lake

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 pm

    justwant2play wrote:I miss the whole environment of Demon's Souls.

    Even though the graphics are superior in Dark Souls, it just doesn't have the same character as Demon's Souls.

    Had to reply cause of your sig. I agree, I miss the tense environments in Demon's Souls, especially Tower of Latria.
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual


    Posts : 51
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 41
    Location : SR388

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Flubious Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:30 pm

    Talisman of Beasts was my bread and butter in Demon's Souls.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 111
    Location : Latria

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by justwant2play Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:34 pm

    Flubious wrote:Talisman of Beasts was my bread and butter in Demon's Souls.

    Who could forget that little piece of tool, lol.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 32
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:36 pm

    who could forget the banish miracle?

    it made it so that you couldp lay the game withouth anyone invading

    if you got invaded you used that and you would banish the invader away which was very nice when i wasn't feeling like pvping
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-20
    Age : 49
    Location : Netherlands

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by sunbro Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 am

    I miss my sticky compund longbow
    this baby did even better then the dragonslayerbow
    avatar
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 427
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Canada

    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by PPG-3- Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 am

    i miss the world tendencies the most.

    was a very cool idea. plus it unlocked different events. it was some new.

    Sponsored content


    What you miss most from Demons' Souls? Empty Re: What you miss most from Demons' Souls?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:39 am