Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls)

Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls) Empty From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls)

Post by Conrack Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

So after playing alittle demon's souls this last weekend (very little about an hours worth), I have become nostalgic for the Dark Fantasy realm of Boletaria. Some things I've been missing are mostly aesthetic but I like to think of these Souls Games as works of art. In Demon's Souls we had a troubled kingdom with a Corrupt Demon King (too me this isn't really that generic as some people may think, as I cannot recall a game with a dark story line like Demon's or even at all similar for quite some time) but one thing that really grabbed me about Demon's souls was the amount of death and decay in each world. Most specifically the Boletaria Castle, When I first fought my way through 1-1 and 1-2 I got a sense of just how ruined this kindom was by how many corpses lined the streets, and how many knights had fallen to the demons and eachother, this itself made the fight to destroy the demons that much more dire.

I'd like to hear what the rest of you really missed about Demon's Souls? It doesnt have to be Aesthetic, it can be anything really besides glitches.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls) Empty Re: From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls)

Post by Conrack Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls) Demons-souls-20090723041529330_640w
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls) Empty Re: From days long past, (What You miss from Demon's Souls)

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm

The sounds. Demon's had much more distinctive soundfields than Dark. Who can forget going through the Valley of Defilement, with the sound of flies everywhere, or the cacophony of the Burrower King (world 2). Each world had something unique and unsettling (the moaning inside the prison section of world 3).
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:The sounds. Demon's had much more distinctive soundfields than Dark. Who can forget going through the Valley of Defilement, with the sound of flies everywhere, or the cacophony of the Burrower King (world 2). Each world had something unique and unsettling (the moaning inside the prison section of world 3).

The prisoners' moaning in Latria still makes me uneasy going in there.

I agree with everyone so far on the atmosphere, as I think Demon's was a bit more minimalistic, but more effective as a result. However, what I miss most is actually entirely mechanical.

Mana.

I just really liked the feel of the mana spell-casting system more than Dark Souls's charge system. I feel it separated the pure mages from hybrids, and there was a flow to mana management that just really seemed to click. I guess it just made me feel more like a real mage since good resource management meant I could cast spells forever, while in Dark Souls good resource managment made you want to hold back on casting spells.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I've been playing De's for about one and 1/2 weeks now (Brake from Dark Souls) And i really miss the Chain set from De's...

It looked way cooler then Dark Souls version. It diden't look like the helm was replacing the Skin on your head. Chains were hanging around and it looked like Chains were placed on a solider.

The chain set in Dark Souls is just...Too tight...

Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:I've been playing De's for about one and 1/2 weeks now (Brake from Dark Souls) And i really miss the Chain set from De's...

It looked way cooler then Dark Souls version. It diden't look like the helm was replacing the Skin on your head. Chains were hanging around and it looked like Chains were placed on a solider.

On a similar note, Dark Souls has more Armors, but as for in game clothes I still prefer the look of Demon's souls, (loved the female Hunter Armor and the Male sage robes)
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Conrack wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:I've been playing De's for about one and 1/2 weeks now (Brake from Dark Souls) And i really miss the Chain set from De's...

On a similar note, Dark Souls has more Armors, but as for in game clothes I still prefer the look of Demon's souls, (loved the female Hunter Armor and the Male sage robes)

Dark Souls has more, Yes. Demon's Souls has less. But more Special... In my Opinion.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

nothing in dark souls looks cooler than miralda's clothes(in terms of light armor)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:32 am