Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
RagingDragon_69
whitechikz11
Zodiaxel
I LeonBelmont I
Serious_Much
billy_bayonet
About8547Souls
nsane32
About8547Jews
raecor14
Rin
FinPeku
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FattyOfDoom
SunlightCrusader
Sacrilegious
Wilkinson3424
Jovias-86
Forum Pirate
Servant of Priscilla
DoughGuy
Ahhotep1
dancash1808
Shkar
Federally
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Spurgun
WyrmHero
32 posters

Priscilla's Lifehunters (Under reconstruction)

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Priscilla's Lifehunters (Under reconstruction) - Page 6 Empty Re: Priscilla's Lifehunters (Under reconstruction)

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:44 pm

But if you make your builds to fit them (sl 80 builds have to be strict) then you have to keep using the same weapons or make a new build for each rank.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Priscilla's Lifehunters (Under reconstruction) - Page 6 Empty Re: Priscilla's Lifehunters (Under reconstruction)

Post by Servant of Priscilla Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:49 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:In defense of Wyrm, the Zweihander, Murakumo, Rapier, Great Club, and Uchigatana are NOT weak weapons.

All these weapons are open to Level 1 members.
    I understand that but I just wanted to join this covenant to protect Priscilla with any weapon I choose. I understand rank 5ing the Dragon and Lifehunt weapons because they are covenant based. But it is up to Wyrm how wants to run it but he is kinda getting quite a few people mad at him and what he's doing.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm

As I said they won't need to redo their build if they plan their build accordingly to their planned weapon.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Hmm how about this Wyrm. Hold the cov related weapons for your upper ranks but allow freedom of choice otherwise. Wyrm you can't ignore what everybody is saying. People from all over the spectrum of players are telling you this is a bad idea.

Wyrm it isn't that simple; you have to see that.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:54 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Updated the weapons list with ranks. If I missed a weapon you would like to use, post it and I'll consider it. Same for removing weapons. Hope you guys get the idea, basic weapons for lower ranks, special and Lifehunt-themed ones for the higher ranks.
    Wyrm has provided an avenue for modification and change perhaps if each of us posted a list of our weapons preferences a more acceptable middle ground can be reached. A list not based on rank or even LH but rather a list of those weapons we have come to enjoy the most. I have spent many, many hours playing this game and experiment with different weapons. But I always come back to my favorites. Cause its not always about how much damage a weapon does but how skillful you have become with it (them). Or hope to become with it (them)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:58 pm

It will be interesting because low rank Str or Dex builds who want to use MSGS or Flamberge will have to start with a Bastard Sword. It will be weak of course because it doesn't scale well with their proper stat but then they'll have to rank up to use their MSGS and when they do it won't have to remake their build because they have the planned stats to do it. Some builds will be a bit weak, others will do fine with their lower rank weapons. The system is not perfect but I think it's fun.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Updated the weapons list with ranks. If I missed a weapon you would like to use, post it and I'll consider it. Same for removing weapons. Hope you guys get the idea, basic weapons for lower ranks, special and Lifehunt-themed ones for the higher ranks.
    Wyrm has provided an avenue for modification and change perhaps if each of us posted a list of our weapons preferences a more acceptable middle ground can be reached. A list not based on rank or even LH but rather a list of those weapons we have come to enjoy the most. I have spent many, many hours playing this game and experiment with different weapons. But I always come back to my favorites. Cause its not always about how much damage a weapon does but how skillful you have become with it (them). Or hope to become with it (them)
    Well said, I agree with this a lot. If we could do this I would very much like to join this cov again big grin
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Wyrm if you do this you will lose members; possibly current and definitely future. The majority is telling you that this is a bad idea. Will you simply ignore them? To resort to lore will you become the kind of tyrant they fled and enforce restrictions they don't want upon them? This isn't a wise move nor does it fit your lore. There is nothing good about this decision Wyrm! You have to see this.

Do as you will. I'm done. I have said all I can say. If you follow this course that is your decision and the consequences are yours to deal with.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:26 pm

I still don't what's the issue with the weapons, it's not like you're getting all the perks as soon as you join. And as Pendant said not all the lower rank weapons are weak. Some rank 4 and rank 5 weapons are even more weak (Server for example), but are weapons that distinguish the higher rank from the lower rank.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:28 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I still don't what's the issue with the weapons

I created a poll thread for people to tell exactly what their objections to your new system are. Though, I agree, it's not that big a deal if you just plan ahead your build.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:29 pm

And you should be posting your new builds so I can help you plan them efficiently to see if this thing work so stop complaining and get your asses to work NOW!!!!!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Oh...asses isn't censored, whoops!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:34 pm

From a mechanical view, Its not that it doesn't work, its that it gimps builds with wasted stats until whatever rank, or requires several different builds as each person ranks up.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Yeah that's what I meant to say earlier Forum, wasted points!!! (for some weapons). But I guess it's just part of the training! You rank up, you get strong!

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I still don't what's the issue with the weapons, it's not like you're getting all the perks as soon as you join. And as Pendant said not all the lower rank weapons are weak. Some rank 4 and rank 5 weapons are even more weak (Server for example), but are weapons that distinguish the higher rank from the lower rank.
    First and Foremost...Dedication and Loyalty is what should distinguish high rank from low rank. Weapons are nothing more or nothing less than perks. Wrym have people post their favorite weapon(s). Maybe there is a pattern for a more acceptable solution to this debate there.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:41 pm

As I said the list can still be updated with new weapons. I myself want the Silver Knight Spear to be in. Thing is, Gwyn and anything related to him is our enemy. But that spear is so useful for pure Dex builds....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:I still don't what's the issue with the weapons, it's not like you're getting all the perks as soon as you join. And as Pendant said not all the lower rank weapons are weak. Some rank 4 and rank 5 weapons are even more weak (Server for example), but are weapons that distinguish the higher rank from the lower rank.
    First and Foremost...Dedication and Loyalty is what should distinguish high rank from low rank. Weapons are nothing more or nothing less than perks. Wrym have people post their favorite weapon(s). Maybe there is a pattern for a more acceptable solution to this debate there.
    What if we just changed the rank rules? Rank 1 is the bs test, 2 is basic parrying (ie non combat situation,) 3 is 1v3, 4 and 5 are limited in number (which is increased as we get bigger and excluding CMs, more 4s than 5s) The only way to be rank 4 or 5 is to unseat a current rank 4 or 5 member and adherence to the rules. Determined by a a set of best of 3 "invasions" where the host summons one party, who hides as the "host", then the real host summons the other participant and they hunt and kill each other. If its a tie, both winning one 2 of 3 contest, its a sudden death duel in the arena. As the "host"the first party may heal 20 times with humanity only, the "invader" gets 5, to simulate the disadvantage invaders have without eustus.

That was my idea for an incentive to rank.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Not that hard.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4202906235338665

This is a build that intends to use the PSG; but as a low rank will use the Rapier. This is just a build created on the fly, with some fine-tuning it'd be even better.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Wyrm is mad with power!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:24 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Not that hard.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4202906235338665

This is a build that intends to use the PSG; but as a low rank will use the Rapier. This is just a build created on the fly, with some fine-tuning it'd be even better.

Rank 1 version. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4516397401351614

I have problems making SL 80 hybrids, so I lowered Dex to minimum PGS Dex and increased Vit. Occult Rapier as back up.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Everyone knows it can be done. That isn't the debate.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 am

Updated the weapons list spoiler boxes, looks very neat.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:42 am

Attention my new XBL minions:

I will be glad to do your initiations tomorrow if you are free. Shoot me a friend request and a message on XBL saying when you are free.

XBL: DeadlyHeretic
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:47 am

Shkar wrote:Attention my new XBL minions:

I will be glad to do your initiations tomorrow if you are free. Shoot me a friend request and a message on XBL saying when you are free.

Can I do it with any ol' toon or do I need to have a LH-ready toon?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:48 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Attention my new XBL minions:

Can I do it with any ol' toon or do I need to have a LH-ready toon?

I would say a LH-toon, but I will let Wyrm veto that if he chooses. It makes sense lore-wise, but convenience may trump that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:47 pm