Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
lextune
Forum Pirate
Pharaun
aceluby
Glutebrah
Serious_Much
Rin
somebody_else
justwant2play
JY4answer
RANT
ErrJon6661
16 posters

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Poll

Is Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

[ 6 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [27%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap49%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [49%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 Empty Re: Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm

don't kill non hostile npcs, dont break covenants, and don't get indicted, fairly self-explanatory. its only complicated if you need to murder several npcs to get the gear you want. what other sin is there? its not like sloth or gluttony are on the table.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? - Page 2 Empty Re: Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Post by lextune Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:11 pm

I have an anti-grieving toon, but I don't use him as a phantom.

I just hang around the Parish and get invaded. If it is a legit low level invasion I usually drop them a chunk, (if they seem to get what is happening). If they are overpowered for th Church (IE - most of them), I fight.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:want anti-grief? go darkmoon. thats why they exist. don't get me wrong the black phantoms deserve it but the host can either handle them, or needs the experience and the phantom blasting the boss/invader won't help them. if anything the host is being robbed of the sense of accomplishment they've been fighting for. now the human form anti-griefing sounds harmless, if boring, but whatever.

I would agree if someone actually knew how the DM invasions work. Lots of theories as to what a 'sin' actually is and if killing an NPC constitutes a sin punishable by a DM I would say that even being a DM is griefing.

Exactly.

Low level invasions with high powered gear is griefing. Whether it is DW or DM is completely irrelevant
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 pm

lextune wrote:I have an anti-grieving toon, but I don't use him as a phantom.

I just hang around the Parish and get invaded. If it is a legit low level invasion I usually drop them a chunk, (if they seem to get what is happening). If they are overpowered for th Church (IE - most of them), I fight.

What level do you use in the Parish?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:don't kill non hostile npcs, dont break covenants, and don't get indicted, fairly self-explanatory. its only complicated if you need to murder several npcs to get the gear you want. what other sin is there? its not like sloth or gluttony are on the table.

You are Warrior of the Sunlight Covenant. You want to become a Path of Dragon. You don't have the lordvessel yet. You are standing in the Dragon's bonfire, after dying multiple times through the great hollow and ash lake. Are you going to climb all the way up, get to Oswald, leave your covenant, run through Great hollow and Ash lake again just to not be invaded by a Darkmoon?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm

i wasn't argueing that. i was saying indicte them and dm will murder them. if its dm griefing then theres not much you can do except wait to murder the npcs untill you're stronger than the griefers, but if dm is on you, its almost certainly your fualt. and dm is as likely to invade someone 40 lvls above him as they are to grief. no level restrictions on blue orb. and even if dm is griefing, unless you've been murdering npcs your probably a red orb user, or you probably wouldn't have been indicted, and have it coming. PROBABLY. there are flaws with the dm system, i won't deny that.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 pm

both can be avoided easily

Friendly grievers only wish to help low levels, either that being killing and invader fast or one-shoting the boss

the choice is your to summon the guy and you cannot know if he is better than you or worse at the game until you see how he handles combat

thats all i have to say about that you don't have to summon the guy is just there making the game easier for beginers

hostile grievers (the ones that invade)

are the type of thing that plagues the areas of Burg,parish,blightown,sen's fortress
    (some people says that it stops being grieving when you get to it,but i don't think it is that case because it will only NOT be grieving when you find the giant blacksmith and can make good weapons)

for me they're noobs and thats it

if you pass through the ENTIRE game without lvling up and getting the good weapons good for you i respect you

BUT when you invade low lvl people that just started playing the game for the first time just to kill them using you high lvl equipment you suck in my eyes
    because if you passed through the entire game without getting lvls you have skill enough to be actually good on pvp.
    But no they choose to own noobs that just started the game

WHY?! seriously why? what goes through their head when they do that?

you can't win at a good pvp match against someone with the same equipment as you?

you can only win against noobs who don't know how to play the game yet?

i only got one response to that
    Look Skyward Look Skyward Look Skyward

lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Pharaun wrote:
    lextune wrote:I have an anti-grieving toon, but I don't use him as a phantom.

What level do you use in the Parish?

SL25

At that level, and with the help of the dried finger, I get nearly constant invasions

Full Black Leather Armor, all +9, don't want to wear anything that immediately shows me to be a BB glitcher, but maxed out (minus the slabs) and 99 humanity, it offers enough protection for most of the griefers (who generally suck at PvP).
    +5 Chaos Iaito
    Maxed out Pyro with two slots, GC and Firestorm
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:54 pm

My friend, at SL6 could wear giants armor with mask of the mother, queelag furysword, Solaire's shield and still ninja flip around like Prince of Persia. While hes was trying to riposte a guy at parish, with wanderer starting gear, knight shield and drake sword. Fun? I don't think so.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Btw if anyone ask, he is a sunbro and I asked to summon him for gargoyles. But he spawned with that equipment and I didnt go for the boss. The guy in wanderer set invaded us, prob using cracked red orbs you find in firelink
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:57 pm

lol thats pretty bad, if i get summoned by a guy and he's got one of those decked out sunbros with him, i leave.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:16 pm

"Griefing" is annoying but it's sort of like complaining about insects and humidity whilst on vacation in the tropics. The idea of 'noob camping' has been around since...geeze...the 90's or earlier?

However, I DO find it amusing/enragening when someone is all decked out to fight in the final battle of Ragnarok (or join Gwar) and they're facing a level 6 Sorcerer with 2 soul arrows left wearing nothing but his hammer pants and a fez (I'm usually said Sorcerer because I like to work the Undead Burg shirtless okay).

I simply call them "Kramer" and move on with my day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 pm

lol, speaking of, just killed a griefer with a +5 fire shotel and +5 elite knite. my sl was 25. he got the drop on me, poisoned me and plowed 2/3 of my health in 1 swing before i could respond. he took me with him but i take what i can get. iaito ftw.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 pm

I will admit I from time to time use a character for this means, but it's rather that I have characters at different soul levels for different reasons. I have one in their twenties that I'm trying to beat the game with as sort of a personal challenge, but I will farm using them. At the same time, if I do find myself in PvP I try my best not to use any of my main strengths, rather I use just a sword and shield while my PvE focus is entirely on Sorcery and Pyromancy.

I suppose another reason I did it was yes, I was griefed so at first I started doing it to get back at griefers but then I noticed that I was pretty much becoming the same thing so I've toned down on it extremely. Every now and then if I'm on another character and some level 5 Darkwraith absolutely rapes my character, I can't help but kill him vicariously through some other poor soul. :silent:
    somebody_else
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somebody_else Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Glutebrah wrote:he means people who actually beat the game at a super low level of lvl 1-5 just to make the weapons them self get to NG+ and invade undead burg. that takes skill, the griefers before the bottomless box exsisted

really? didn't feel like it needed any skill when i did it. lightning/chaos are terribly overpowered for NG. you only need to dodge everything or add humanity 99 and you get personal defense of SL+humanity, so with decent armor defense gets around 320 and tank everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 4:04 pm