Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Darkson
Reaperfan
CrackSouls
Federally
lordgodofhell
Doelker
billy_bayonet
BIG TIME MASTER
Elevander
Spurgun
sinisterapathy
russiannightmare
DoughGuy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
dianaduh
bmurn
bunnywink
T-King-667
Azran
skarekrow13
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Serious_Much
Extertionist
cloudyeki
RandelOolacile
30 posters

Ethics and glitches!

Poll

When do/would you use glitches?

[ 1 ]
    Ethics and glitches! I_vote_lcap2%Ethics and glitches! I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 21 ]
    Ethics and glitches! I_vote_lcap50%Ethics and glitches! I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Ethics and glitches! I_vote_lcap5%Ethics and glitches! I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 18 ]
    Ethics and glitches! I_vote_lcap43%Ethics and glitches! I_vote_rcap [43%] 

Total Votes: 42
    Poll closed
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ethics and glitches! Empty Ethics and glitches!

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello, everyone!

After the advent of these new dragon glitches I started thinking, "When, if ever, is it ok to glitch?"

I struggle with this topic. When I found out about some glitches, bb for instance, I knew I would want to use it. I wanted to maximize my builds for assisting players having trouble and I felt this would be the best way to allocate stats without having to use trial an error with multiple playthroughs. Needless to say, because of the social stigma associated with any glitching I would keep my use of bb a secret. =P

Some of these glitches seem harmful to the enjoyment of others, though. Even the bb one to an extent. I can understand why so many frown upon the breaking of the game.

My question: When would you, or would you even, use glitches?

Let us discuss, as always, no specifics on doing any of these glitches. This is a discussion in the ethical use of glitching, however oxymoronic that may sound. =D
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ethics and glitches! Empty Re: Ethics and glitches!

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:58 pm

My view is if you glitch to have the upper hand than your just a giant :dung:

I admit, bb-ing to get some gear that I really don't want to chase after is something I'd do, such as weapon drops or fully upgraded gear when I won't have the slab for it till past midgame. But I don't take these guys online till I'm at the level I was aiming for.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

I do BB but I plan to stop after I get the Knight's Honor trophy. Otherwise I'll just use it to get some essential gear for a few builds like the MLGS or the BKGS.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Extertionist wrote:I do BB but I plan to stop after I get the Knight's Honor trophy. Otherwise I'll just use it to get some essential gear for a few builds like the MLGS or the BKGS.

Its funny, I was doing my usual assisting in Sen's and this gal asked me help her with her sorcery build. I agreed and we jollied throughout most of the game. I wasn't able to help her with archives though and she missed her chance at Seath's tail. She was mad bummed. Because I bbed for the build I was using I had my MLGS and gifted it to her. She was so grateful and happy. It was a moment, however silly it may sound, that contributed to the enjoyment of the game for me!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Oh god this is kind of question is going into the territory of honour wars again, I'm feeling kinda wary of it..

my answer is never, but it refers to online play. If the character I'm using is never going to be used against anyone and be unfair then I don't mind. If it's gonna be PvP/PvEcoop then I won't use any glitches.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I know it may be a bit controversial. Believe me, my intention isn't to incite anything more than a friendly discussion on the pros/cons. I don't advocate the use of them at all, the be honest. I only allowed myself the use AFTER at least 5 "from scratch" builds. I feel the game should be experienced the way it was intended in every respect! =D
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Mudo, I wasn't faulting you in any way mate, was just saying, like with the honour wars a month or so ago (which were horrendous), it just takes one person to come in with a really extreme, close minded and damning view to make people angry and start of a hate/bad blood thread.

Was just trying being cautious lol, didn't mean to offend you/belittle your thread at all
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Dear god, that whole week was awful for the forums.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

na, I understood what you meant, serious! I was lurking around the time! No harm, no foul, brother!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I personally don't glitch, but that's just me. I do think that if you are going to glitch, glitch for PvE, not in PvP.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:41 pm

MudoRH wrote:Hello, everyone!

After the advent of these new dragon glitches I started thinking, "When, if ever, is it ok to glitch?"

I struggle with this topic. When I found out about some glitches, bb for instance, I knew I would want to use it. I wanted to maximize my builds for assisting players having trouble and I felt this would be the best way to allocate stats without having to use trial an error with multiple playthroughs. Needless to say, because of the social stigma associated with any glitching I would keep my use of bb a secret. =P

Some of these glitches seem harmful to the enjoyment of others, though. Even the bb one to an extent. I can understand why so many frown upon the breaking of the game.

My question: When would you, or would you even, use glitches?

Let us discuss, as always, no specifics on doing any of these glitches. This is a discussion in the ethical use of glitching, however oxymoronic that may sound. =D
    I never ever glitch, and I never have. I don't even know how to BB glitch, and don't tell me how. big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:43 pm

First the mommy box and the daddy box meet in college. They have a few dates, end up doing a few things after some drinks that they'll regret once they get on YouTube later and Voila, that's how you BB Glitch.

EDIT: On topic.....I absolutely didn't use any glitch for my anti-griefer build. Nope. Not me.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Don't worry, broski, no tutorials here!

I have to say, I do respect those who refuse to use them. Guess I wasn't patient enough to do build after build from scratch, =P.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 pm

I use the BB glitch frequently; I'm not going to recollect every single piece of armour/ring/weapon again; that's time consuming.

I instead create my own initial build as soon as I hit Firelink Shrine. Plus, I can avoid killing Sif! silly

Since online latency sucks for me, I don't PvP.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:00 pm

i never have glitched in dks (including the bb glitch) and i dont ever plan on learning how to do it either. But i dont mind others doing it, it dosent effect me, but what does bother me is lvl 1-20 builds abusing it to get crazy gear to beat on newer players, i see it everytime i start a new toon at least 95% of invaders are some dude with heavy aarmour fliping with some cheezy electric weapon and somtimes they even have hornets ring for crying out loud but when it comes to bb glitches thats my only complaint
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 pm

The only time I've ever exploited a game using glitches or cheats was for The Sims. Hahahah. I would never do that with Dark Souls. I feel like that would suck the fun out of things.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Glitchers are the lowest of the low and do not deserve to play the game. Anybody who glitches is a bad person, no matter the circumstances, even if the act of glitching would prevent a bus load of children from plummeting off a cliff into a pool of shark and alligator infested waters. Commence flame wars.

Seriously, I have never glitched, mostly because I don't know how, and also probably because I am too lazy to try to figure it out.

In case it was not clear the first sentence is in jest.

Last edited by bmurn on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : creating confusion)
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:09 pm

bmurn wrote:Anybody who glitches is a bad person, no matter the circumstances, even if the act of glitching would prevent a bus load of children from plummeting off a cliff into a pool of shark and alligator infested waters.

What!! O.o >.<
    No, I'd even bust the roar lock to keep the gators from being fed! Lol

I totally agree with the sentiment that glitching takes from the game and yes, even bb hurts the experience sometimes, case in point T-King's comment.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm

MudoRH wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:I do BB but I plan to stop after I get the Knight's Honor trophy. Otherwise I'll just use it to get some essential gear for a few builds like the MLGS or the BKGS.

Its funny, I was doing my usual assisting in Sen's and this gal asked me help her with her sorcery build. I agreed and we jollied throughout most of the game. I wasn't able to help her with archives though and she missed her chance at Seath's tail. She was mad bummed. Because I bbed for the build I was using I had my MLGS and gifted it to her. She was so grateful and happy. It was a moment, however silly it may sound, that contributed to the enjoyment of the game for me!

lol that happened to me, but i was the one who was helped.
    I dont bb glitch, tho id glitch to beat some gankers in the forest and teach them to respect alvina
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:00 pm

dianaduh wrote:
    MudoRH wrote:

lol that happened to me, but i was the one who was helped.
    I dont bb glitch, tho id glitch to beat some gankers in the forest and teach them to respect alvina

I felt the same when I started experiencing some glitch invaders. Ultimately it does feel a little more fulfilling beating people through natural means than resorting to their tactics, at least for me. =)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 pm

i bb frequently as i make new builds for testing stuff almost every day, and have recently tried the new dragon glitch (machine gunned alluring skulls and led hollows off cliffs, no pvp use, EVER.) frankly after the novelty wears of of the DH glitch theres not much to do with it as its boring, the bb glitch is still handy well after losing novelty though. any bb'd build i make never pvps intentionally until around lvl 50 after s&o, my dragon file... i may delete or just use to test weapons on as it now has 99 vit and 40 40 str/dex, no point in pvping with it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I bb glitch if I have an item thats hard to get or out of the way, like ornsteins stuff or the MLGS, but I dont use the items till after I could have got them.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 am

MudoRH wrote:I felt the same when I started experiencing some glitch invaders. Ultimately it does feel a little more fulfilling beating people through natural means than resorting to their tactics, at least for me. =)

maybe, but dying 343543 times to a phatom with a tranquil walk of peace or just the stone greatsword, and another phantom and the host to backstab me, makes me punish them real bad.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:03 am

dianaduh wrote:
    MudoRH wrote:I felt the same when I started experiencing some glitch invaders. Ultimately it does feel a little more fulfilling beating people through natural means than resorting to their tactics, at least for me. =)

maybe, but dying 343543 times to a phatom with a tranquil walk of peace or just the stone greatsword, and another phantom and the host to backstab me, makes me punish them real bad.

Am I the only one who's found it fun to casually walk into a TWoP just to tempest everyone?
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 am

cloudyeki wrote:
    dianaduh wrote:

Am I the only one who's found it fun to casually walk into a TWoP just to tempest everyone?

tempest takes time to cast, i dont believe that any in trio, being already close to you because of the TWoP, would hesitate to backstab you while youre casting the fire tempest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:03 pm