Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Lancelot
Federally
JoeBroski09
ublug
Spurgun
Tolvo
TehInfamousAmos
skarekrow13
DoughGuy
15 posters

That darn crow

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

That darn crow - Page 2 Empty Re: That darn crow

Post by Tolvo Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 pm

As I said, you can get stuck in the Asylum if you kill the crow and die after that, meaning you would not be able to progress in the game. Why you can't kill Alvina is a better question if you ask me.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Uhh. His twitter?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Tolvo wrote:As I said, you can get stuck in the Asylum if you kill the crow and die after that, meaning you would not be able to progress in the game. Why you can't kill Alvina is a better question if you ask me.
    There are other ways to get stuck in the game. Like dying as soon as you kill a boss that gives you a lord soul. Or placing the lordvessal without the serpants on accident. No where else to go, at least, you have absolutely no idea what to do. Extreme confusion there.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Seath and I killed each other once. You still get the lord soul and a trip to your last fire

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Crap Tolvo, I missed your post. Good point. Maybe we have to do it before you revisit the asylum?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:17 pm

My Sorcerer hadn't revisited the Asylum. There is a quick note upon the matter.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Okay, so that shows its always unkillable.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 pm

If you place a lordsvessel without a serpent they leave, but you can warp back up still, and drop into the shrine without them. It just means no DW, or consuming titanite. But it doesn't trap you.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Tolvo wrote:If you place a lordsvessel without a serpent they leave, but you can warp back up still, and drop into the shrine without them. It just means no DW, or consuming titanite. But it doesn't trap you.
    True. How I accidently did it on my first playthrough cause I didnt want to make frampt run away. He was sleeping and I didnt want to hit him.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:19 pm

I did that too
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:09 am

Tolvo wrote:Imagine you can't warp and you rested at the Asylum. You kill the crow, then die. Stuck at the Asylum? Though note, the crow is key to entering the Painted World, which is influenced by Velka.

You couldn't get stuck in the Asylum if the crow was killable. You can only see the crow on the Firelink side. So killing the crow would have to take place in firelink.

@Joe I believe this idea came to several of us at once. Parallel thinking I would call it. I was just reading one of Acidic's posts with his bizarre writing style and while I understood little of it, it got me thinking and this is an idea I had.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 am

If you go back to the asylum, and rest there, then go to the shrine and die before resting again, you go back to the Asylum. So if you killed the crow before resting at the Shrine and died, you'd be stuck at the Asylum.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 am

Tolvo wrote:If you go back to the asylum, and rest there, then go to the shrine and die before resting again, you go back to the Asylum. So if you killed the crow before resting at the Shrine and died, you'd be stuck at the Asylum.

Well if u did that you deserve it, lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 am

But it's still possible to get completely stuck.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am

I also had a glitch in the forest that threw me into space and death. When I respawned I was in my familiar ol' cell despite having rested comfortable at the forest bonfire several times between invasions and the like. If From was aware, or just allowed for the possibility of, game glitches such as this it makes sense to have controls that allow for the game to continue. In my case the game is supposed to save you at your precise coordinates for a reload. However, I ended up in a location without any coordinates so the game chose the cell as a default so I wouldn't have corrupted data. Assuming a map glitch could occur anywhere it makes sense that the cell is the default as it's the only location that the character has to have ever been. Even Firelink would be a bad default if you glitched in the Asylum. Assuming this is the reasoning behind the cell spawn for me the logical conclusion is that the crow is indeed a fail safe to allow the game to continue. However, none of this proves that there's no further significance to the crow, it just adds evidence that it's not killable for fail safe reasons.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:57 pm

The Crow is obviously something. Why does it know to come get you? The crow isn't randomly picking up undead and dropping them off in Lordran. It somehow knows something about you.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:02 pm

We aren't the only ones coming from the Asylum. The Crow is right next to Frampt. Hmmmm.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Tolvo wrote:If you go back to the asylum, and rest there, then go to the shrine and die before resting again, you go back to the Asylum. So if you killed the crow before resting at the Shrine and died, you'd be stuck at the Asylum.

Unless, of course, they made it to where the respawn Bonfire would automatically be set to Firelink if the Crow was killed, but since killing her is so-far impossible, that would be invalid.

Also, if the Crow did know something about you, as Federally implied, then I would think that she would simply suspect anyone escaping the Asylum to be the "chosen one". As Oscar was to escape the Asylum as well, it was probably through the Crow. The Crow is obviously well-known, as she doesn't really hide you swooping into Firelink and dropping you off. The Crestfallen Warrior states that "you'd had better to rot in the Undead Asylum," which means that he knew you came from the Asylum from the Crow.

W/e I'm gonna go play vidgames
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:52 am

Lancelot wrote:

Unless, of course, they made it to where the respawn Bonfire would automatically be set to Firelink if the Crow was killed, but since killing her is so-far impossible, that would be invalid.

Also, if the Crow did know something about you, as Federally implied, then I would think that she would simply suspect anyone escaping the Asylum to be the "chosen one". As Oscar was to escape the Asylum as well, it was probably through the Crow. The Crow is obviously well-known, as she doesn't really hide you swooping into Firelink and dropping you off. The Crestfallen Warrior states that "you'd had better to rot in the Undead Asylum," which means that he knew you came from the Asylum from the Crow.

W/e I'm gonna go play vidgames

Oscar may have had to escape at some point, I'm not sure if thats known, but Oscar had his own try at being the 'chosen undead' and failed. He then came back and frees the player. But I wonder if he also had to use the crow as transport, or if there is another way to access the asylum.

On another note, how far is the asylum from firelink? Is the asylum also in Lordran? Or is the crow taking you quite a long ways?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am

We can assume ther is more than one. We can also assume its a fair distance, Oscar uses the crow to fly there, the crestfallen warrior proves that..
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:57 am

Federally wrote:On another note, how far is the asylum from firelink? Is the asylum also in Lordran? Or is the crow taking you quite a long ways?

Who knows? I'd say it is not Lordran because the female narrator welcomes you to Lordran only when you are taken to Firelink. Suggests that you were not in Lordran until the crow carts you away.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:02 am

And according to the 3D mapping of Dark Souls, the Asylum is in the sky. Waaay in the sky.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 am

The crow does know something about you alright. You're near it's damn nest fool. It'll take care of you for messing with it's babies. It's gonna take you far away to one of the other places it knows. Where it has a second nest. The bird initially is in an attack pattern and removing you.

Edit: dung pies and poison knives have no effect other than chipping with the knives
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 am

Oh yeah I made a topic about the crow a long while ago. Reasons I believe she is indeed.

•Painted World is the home of her most powerful miracle (Vow of Silence) and the Crow Demons.

•The Crow Demons protect this miracle aggressively.

•Crow Demons drop Souvenirs of Reprisal.

•Her miracles have a purple aura. You can see this aura when the Painted World swallows you.

•She had black hair, as the feathers of the crow.

•When you trade the Pendant to Snuggly she gives you a Souvenir of Reprisal. We may assume that the Pendant has a somewhat relation with the guilty, as Petrus drops it when he kills Reah. We have theorized that Gwyndolin had a pendant too.

•The main objective in going back to the asylum is to get the Peculiar Doll. The crow helps you get it by taking you back there.

That's it for now. For me, I love the idea, it makes a bit of sense. Feel free to add more or remove.

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 am

Painted World also has a lot of regular sized crows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 am