Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
swordiris
Federally
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
roanispe
bloodpixel
DamageCK
FruitPunchNinja
JohnIII
12 posters

Trying to make a sweet rapier class

JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Trying to make a sweet rapier class Empty Trying to make a sweet rapier class

Post by JohnIII Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:30 pm

So I'm trying to make a sweet rapier class for PVP. I am trying to focus on dexterity. Any suggestions?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Trying to make a sweet rapier class Empty Re: Trying to make a sweet rapier class

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Hmmm, well to be honest elemental rapiers for w/e reason blow any +15 rapier build away. Even with 45 dex a chaos +5 rapier is better then +15. Rapiers do scale well in both Str&Dex though, but even with a 40str/40dex build elemental seems to be on par,if not better. Unless you are using a buff, which would require a lot of investment in Faith or Intelligence. So maybe while you are trying to get used to using a rapier you should just go with a Vit/End elemental build. They are pretty boring, but in my opinion theres nothing wrong with them. Heres my suggestion for what you should try to go for, http://tinyurl.com/7rssmpl
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Trying to make a sweet rapier class Empty Re: Trying to make a sweet rapier class

Post by JohnIII Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:06 pm

What if I use something like a ricards rapier? Would that be any good for dex?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Yea it scales great with dex, its debatable but i personally think the normal rapier is better. I know others would disagree. Heres a more advanced build, you will most likely find it more appealing. It actually uses ricards. http://tinyurl.com/7cvo9vc
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am

The issue with a rapier build is that if you can't get a parry/bs, you've got to get forty pokes in. And that's a long road, my man.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:26 am

You must wear a Black Cleric Robe.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 am

Well, I am not sure what exactly a 'sweet rapier class' is but this is the best guess I have at what your seeking. I think that you are looking for a build that gives you a superior focus on the rapier that is a bit different from the natural Dex/Buff build. Though this is a strictly inferior build, in my opinion, to what FruitPunchNinja suggested, I think you can have a whole lot of fun with this.

I gave both the Leo the and the Hornet ring which amplifies the most desirable properties of the rapier: they shine in critical hit damage, and ability to get hits in when opponents are attacking. With these two rings, you'll be noted as doing 'sweet' damage with a rapier. I chose to give you the Ricard's Rapier as it is tied with the Estoc for having the most stylish strong attack. Unlike the Estoc, however, the Ricard's will deal substantial damage and benefits especially well from the Leo ring. To even better focus on the rapier, I gave it two different buffs to choose from: Great Magic Weapon, and Hidden Weapon. The first is self-explanatory and gives an even more deadly edge to the Ricard's r2 and running attack. The second buff is an unappreciated one, that makes your opponent very jumpy as they'll have a very hard time judging if they are going to be hit. Another buff that you should carry with you is Poison Resin. Many weapons are too slow to make the resin meaningful, however, rapiers are quite capable of filling up the the bar quite fast. When using this build, you should start-off with GMW, move to Poison Resin, and then go for the kill with Hidden Weapon.

The armour I chose, while not being incredibly competitive, gives you a rounded set of defence. I made sure it had 32 poise, which hits a crucial breakpoint of many faster, long-ranged weapons when 2-handed. While it isn't much, if you play it safe (as you will have to anyway) you shouldn't have to worry too much. Also I think have put together a stylish outfit, you can prance about Lordran with pride.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:41 am

@roan

What is that cat/mouse/squirell thing of an avatar that you have? It's been bugging me for ages. What is that thing?
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:11 am

@WhatDoesThePendantDo?

It is Chen, from the Touhou Project. More specifically, Bkub's drawings of Chen.

This is off-topic:
    Chen:

More Chen:
    Was this a helpful post? If so feel free to +

Last edited by roanispe on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 am

Never heard of it, but I am glad to know. I hate having to look at something and having no idea what it is that I'm looking at. Thanks a lot, I don't feel quite as stupid now.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:19 am

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    A master of black magic.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 am

bloodpixel wrote:CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. But maybe we should just drop it, my curiosity has derailed this thread enough.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 am

OT: These builds are all bad, because they lack the Black Cleric Robe.
    AOT: The builds are all pretty good. Though, I like to use faith but whatever floats your boat.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 am

I agree with bloodpixel on builds needing to look good, though I don't consider black clerics robe a requirement. I think Richard's goes wonderfully with Elite Knight's!

I'll preface this by saying, I make weird builds. First off if you can't parry, don't bother. So you've got Richard's as the primary and it will work wonderfully with SLB, then an Occult Estoc as backup if your buff runs out. I felt bad adding all that Faith and only using SLB so I added 2 more miracles. First is Force which is great for stunning someone and opening them up to the Richard's R2, second is TwoP which is useful because people tend to R1 spam when its used which makes them easy to parry. I avoided WoG and the Hornet because I dislike them though they may be better depending on play style.

http://tinyurl.com/7e8mlxm
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Dex/faith with Darkmoon covenant is an amazing rapier build.

Level your Rapier of choice to 15 and it will stack well from the dex. Once you get Darkmoon Blade on it will stack even more with your faith and Rank.

Currently running a build like this with Balder's side sword +15 (although that is sort of a half rapier).

It is pretty beast man
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Screw Min/Maxing!

Make this one, your best weapon will be FEAR!

http://tinyurl.com/86s9stz
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:36 am

The best weapon is the flaming fist of justice.
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:49 am

Carphil wrote:Screw Min/Maxing!

Make this one, your best weapon will be FEAR!

http://tinyurl.com/86s9stz
    This is what I will do for my darkwraith class ty
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 am

Try an Int/Dex build to buff Ricard's with CMW and keep Velka's for backup. You could always just do one of those HR bs fishers though, it seems to be the most powerful way to use a rapier...

Edit: Wear the Witch Hat. No real reason, i just like the way it looks, especially on armor.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 am

Ugh. Do not encourage hornet BS.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 am

I mean, PREEEEZ...
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1950616217260748
    My old rapier build when I used to play DKs. Something different for a change, and needed a bit of skill to use. I also avoided buffing, and hornets ring, and instead put the red tear-stone ring.
    Hornets ring = I'm too scared that I won't win with this fragile build, so I will stack up my DPS to one shot people using a parry tactic that is very easy to fish.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:25 pm

@Damage: I was kinda being sarcastic, or at least trying, subtlety isn't my strong suit at 3am hahaha
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:28 pm

A sweet rapier build
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:@Damage: I was kinda being sarcastic, or at least trying, subtlety isn't my strong suit at 3am hahaha

Haha. Fair enough, my man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:17 pm