Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
ascottishman
Bioraptor
moomootv
Gambs_the_Grey
Aznul
GenericUsername
Ashran
Sloth9230
reim0027
BartholomewWenceslas
Tomhet
TheAshenPhantom
lextune
Odinbear
mugenis4real
Eudaemonium
Gawain
Yarxov
Forum Pirate
StarbrightDS
GkMrBane
Shabbalaba
RandelOolacile
Ecko
GreatEpiphany
White Mamba
bmurn
VinheimProfessor
Juutas
eminusx
dancash1808
Wade_Wilson
Doelker
DamageCK
Cantankerous_Flood
Spurgun
SlakeMoth
RANT
TangerineDream
43 posters

Biggest mistakes on first run through

GreatEpiphany

Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest mistakes on first run through

Post by GreatEpiphany Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 am

Accidentally hitting the blacksmith in Parish and forgetting that I could absolve my sins... I 'had' to put him down, and hated myself for it the rest of the game. Nothing like trading items back and forth with friends just to make boss weapons, reinforcement, etc. >.<
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly &quot;undead&quot; but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 Empty Re: Biggest mistakes on first run through

Post by bmurn Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 pm

White Mamba wrote:Thinking my only two options at firelink were either Skeletons or Ghosts. Took me a good 2 days to see the stairs towards the burg.

Funny, I thought my only options were the stairs up and the skeletons. It took me way too long to figure out that there was a staircase down.

This lead to a big mistake that I think many (not all) made in assuming the game would guide me to the next logical area somehow. Not so much.
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Another Classic mistake I made which I just remembered was killing Havel through the locked door in the Dark root basin. Never got his ring because it was days any many deaths later when I reached that part through the other door. Of course I didnt miss it cause I didnt know it existed at that point.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Put a ton of levels into Resistance.

Heard about what Lautrec does and let him kill the firekeeper because I wanted his armor set.

Also...
    Cantankerous_Flood wrote:This is just a clumsy error: I had just defeated the silver knights for siegmeyer and after he rewarded me, I went to look at the ring in the pause menu. I was so good at getting to the equip menu quickly so I pushed start and immediately RI to bring me over. Unfortunately, I didn't hit the pause button hard enough and hit Seigmeyer by accident.
    I did that to Andre the blacksmith.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 2707236321 I restarted my initial playthrough because after queelag I just went back to firelink. Talked to everyone and thought my game glitched cause the bell didn't ring. Second playthrough and some research later and I find out the error of my ways.
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Here are a couple of blunders i made on my first playthru:

I equipped and used a firekeeper soul while playing drunk at 4 am - immediatlely i was like o sh*t thats not the item i meant to use

I gave Franpt the lordvessel - never got to meet kaathe or join darkwraiths - i was pissed when i found out u can not talk to frampt once you acquire the Lordvessel, if you want to meet kaathe (as this triggers frampt to place the vessel)

Lost 107k souls - i threw the controller, landed in my cats water dish

Did not progress Siegmeyers quest chain past the Izalith step - i talked to him and did not know to kill 3 of the 4 chaos demons prior to interacting - he jumped down and i didnt know what was goin on - i tried to burn the mobs as fast as possible but apparently siegmeyers hp was below 50% as he died after i spoke to him again. ....i honestly felt bad, i liked that guy! (anyone else think he looks like a grown up Super Mario under his helm?)
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh yea how could i forget this...

Bed of Chaos as a co-op helper phantom - 3 phantoms - obviously each one of us went for a different grub - i was tasked with the middle - i ran in (hugged the boss in the center) as i find it easier to do from this side, and as i rolled onto the branch below i missed! The other 2 died trying - I felt so bad i immediatly messaged the host explaining how sorry and dumb of a move that was, he was cool about it - we reset, did it again and it was a success.

I did give / drop him a twin humanity for my mistake- which he refused to take - amazing how such a dark and mean game has such a helpful, understanding, and plain cool player
    Community
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Some of my first fails

Started with master key without knowing anything about progression or the burg so I ended up going to blight town first and being stuck on that part of the game for ever cause i made it to the bottom eventually and then made it to the everlasting dragon took forever to get out of their then I killed quelag tried to go through the fire area and after many hours of hard stratigic work I made it to the yellow forg door which I couldnt get past. i was a lvl 65 before I ever made it out back to firelink. And I had attacked the everlasitng dragon when i first meet him and got his sword and used it on quellag and through most of my first playthrough.
    StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:42 pm

I didn't read through every response so I apologize if I am repeating something someone else has already stated.

For me, my biggest mistake was Seath the Scaleless. That very first room you "die" to him in. I thought you had to fight him there. After I died and was placed in the jail, I made my way back to him in that room like 10 times, trying different strategies. And yes, I had found the Crystal Cave but I thought that just led out to some new area.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Thank you bmurn and doelker. I knew I wasn't seeing things. :drunken:

I'd like to add that during my first playthrough, I killed the Undead Merchant because I wanted to see if I could attack him. That went successfully until I heard about how to get the Drake Sword on IGN. Needless to say, I ran out of arrows to shoot at the Hellkite's tail. Facepalm :x
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:51 pm

I played human.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:59 pm

My noob level mistake, albeit recent was that I nicked Oswald with the Pike running attack, I thought he wasnt that close to the door.
    Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 1330857165
    Gawain
    Gawain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gawain Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:28 am

I used up the firekeeper soul in undead church before gargoyles.. Didn't find out till later it was for upgrading estus... Prostration
    Eudaemonium

Post by Eudaemonium Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:34 am

I told Sieglinde that I didn't knwo where her father was, since he'd moved from Firelink and I genuinely had no idea where he was, not realising that it would stop the questline.

I didn't know about using Oswald to release you from Covenants, so I kept running around with 16 metric tons of sin getting invaded constantly.for breaking oaths left, right and centre.

On my NG+, during the second Knight Kirk fight in the Demon Ruis, I forgot which direction he spawns from, so I was camping a spot waitign for him when he backstabbed me over the edge of the cliff. Still haven't got the Armor of Thorns, as a result, since he killed me in the Depths on my NG, so I've never managed to kill him all 3 times. Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 2707236321
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 am

Eudaemonium wrote:I told Sieglinde that I didn't knwo where her father was, since he'd moved from Firelink and I genuinely had no idea where he was, not realising that it would stop the questline.

I didn't know about using Oswald to release you from Covenants, so I kept running around with 16 metric tons of sin getting invaded constantly.for breaking oaths left, right and centre.

On my NG+, during the second Knight Kirk fight in the Demon Ruis, I forgot which direction he spawns from, so I was camping a spot waitign for him when he backstabbed me over the edge of the cliff. Still haven't got the Armor of Thorns, as a result, since he killed me in the Depths on my NG, so I've never managed to kill him all 3 times. Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 2707236321

Haha is that how you measure someone who has sinned a lot? Sounds like a technical term to me. lol!

In other news, did you know that Kirk as well as other NPC invaders can keep invading on a single playthrough until you kill them? Its not just one and done.
    Eudaemonium

Post by Eudaemonium Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Haha is that how you measure someone who has sinned a lot? Sounds like a technical term to me. In other news, did you know that Kirk as well as other NPC invaders can keep invading on a single playthrough until you kill them? Its just one right and done.

Seriously? I swear I unhollowed before I ran back that way and he didn't invade. Do NPC 'Invaders' have the same 'space between invasions' timer that normal ones do? And do they stop when you defeat the boss?

At least this time I'll get the armor...
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Im not sure about the time between invasions. All I know is that I fought kirk twice in a row and died the first time in the Depths. I also fought jeremiah like 12 times until I defeated him. They don't invade after you defeat the boss though.

Last edited by Cantankerous_Flood on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Got the Black Knight Greataxe really early on and pumped up my Str to use it :x . Went hollow looking for a better strength weapon. Basically skipped over all other weapons in the game because they were all too weak.

Yelling "Why cant I find anything stronger!"

Also completely missed painted world.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:53 pm

You wanted something stronger than the BKGA o.O
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Killed the 1st merchant (damn that R2!)
    LEVELED UP rather than leveling weaPONS
    and I also :

Did not progress Siegmeyers quest chain past the Izalith step - i talked to him and did not know to kill 3 of the 4 chaos demons prior to interacting - he jumped down and i didnt know what was goin on - i tried to burn the mobs as fast as possible but apparently siegmeyers hp was below 50% as he died
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:43 pm

White Mamba wrote:Thinking my only two options at firelink were either Skeletons or Ghosts. Took me a good 2 days to see the stairs towards the burg.

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one. silly

I also missed the large ember so I made it all the way to S&O with just a +5 Halberd, (after hours upon hours of dying to the Anor Archers).

My stats were also incredibly random. I would simply find a weapon that seemed interesting and level up the needed stats to try it out.After finally finishing the game, (150+ hours). I started investigating the wiki and was shocked/thrilled to see how much I had missed and/or "screwed up".

....it just made multiple playthroughs that much more fun....and then the PvP started, lol.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 am

Used this toon for my first attempt at the game. ( and first venture into the DLC )
    He accidentally kilt the first merchant u run into, then accidentally kills the giant blacksmith in AL. YESTERDAY, I remembered I never went to qua lag to give souls to upgrade chaos servant status. 40 humanity. Got a fire storm or some such and well... ( u prob see where this is heading...lol). Decided to try it, as soon as I hit R1, said f**k. , looked over to see a firekeeper soul in the hole in the wall.

Boy this guy just hasn't learned a thing yet. Or is just stoopidly evil.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:58 pm

On my first playthrough... I tried to bum rush the second floor of the church just to be greeted by a swarm of Dredgelings and the channaler... Did not help that I also got the Balder Knight chasing me up their aswell. Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 2 2707236321
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 pm

I missed the entrance to the burg at the top of the stairs. I also missed the stairs to the catacombs, I saw it in a video much later.

I spent a good part of my first playthrough without knowing how to jump. At first I didn't even know how to backstab, so I was terrified whenever I had to face a Black Knight.

It never ocurred to me that there could be illusory walls, so when I finally decided to explore the catacombs I only used the first bonfire.

I never found the bonfire in Sen's Fortress by myself.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 pm

I'd say the biggest mistake that I made on my first run was not knowing about co-op. I spent hours grinding ents and stone giants in the forest so I could get enough souls for the crest of Artorias (which wasn't even the right way to go...) when I could have gotten souls a lot quicker by just throwing my sign down at the bell tower.

Which also reminds me that I didn't actually kill the gargoyles on my first run until after I had cleared out the entire forest and was around sl 35, which is about 20 levels higher than I normally am against the gargoyles...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:27 am