Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Domhnall
aceluby
skarekrow13
Deadmeat95
RANT
Griever
Back Lot Basher
strangejoy
kiwi_commander
Doelker
Akatik
meridam99
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Scudman_Slayer
20 posters

How come so many people get cursed?

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How come so many people get cursed? Empty How come so many people get cursed?

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Ok ok i have already made a thread about this on the old forums

ok what im gonna say is

that i think curse is bloddy worthless

i've never been cursed and will never be

how does so many people get cursed?

they stand around in the middle of the fog the frog makes and wonders what that bar on the middle of the screen that is filling slowly and it has a skull on the end of it is?

they don't pay attention to their curse gauge?

i don't get it

is just not stand around and you will NEVER get cursed EVER

that works for seath as well if you just keep your shield up while in the middle of the crystals your curse will not go up

i just don't get it HOW does so many people get cursed!?

if anyone can explain to me how so many people get cursed i'll be very grateful

PS.if you say "you had 10 humanity thats why you didn't get cursed"
    well sir i had NO humanity i had absolutely 0 when i was in the depths for the first time and i still didn't get cursed because i wouldn't stand around and get cursed
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How come so many people get cursed? Empty Re: How come so many people get cursed?

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Noobs?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How come so many people get cursed? Empty Re: How come so many people get cursed?

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:21 pm

I thought the same thing yesterday, I have not been cursed even once and I am on Ng+ almost at the on.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 pm

yeah i dont get cursed, but prepatch im sure it did since the curse from frogs stacked then..

Bow though it'll be new players not knowing whats going on pretty much.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Some people, I am one of them, got cursed on purpose before I went to New Londo Ruins and completed the section before dropping the water. Easier than constantly popping Transient Curse.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 pm

I just find it funny how the initial post is worded. Almost like you can't fathom "HOW" someone got cursed?!?!? Easy, just stand there.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 pm

meridam99 wrote:I just find it funny how the initial post is worded. Almost like you can't fathom "HOW" someone got cursed?!?!? Easy, just stand there.

I find though that curse build up is actually slower if you dont move?

anyone notice this as well? standing still swinging works better than running through curse clouds..
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 pm

I always see the statues of other players who got cursed. I was in the Hollow the other day and there were statues everywhere.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Akatik wrote:I always see the statues of other players who got cursed. I was in the Hollow the other day and there were statues everywhere.

You know what I do to the statues? Drop some prism stones and make a Christmas Tree!.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:21 pm

The first and only time I got cursed was because I fell from the drain where the giant rat is in the Depths as I got to cloze to the edge.

As soon as I landed the basilisk threw its cloud and I wasn't able to recover fast to escape from it, thus ended being cursed. Actually I even wondered about what the hell had happened to me...

By the way I had no humanities stocked and was only using a leather armor.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm

never been cursed but I do see why people might.

1. They might get cursed by accident and not knowing what the frogs do.
    2. They do it on purpose to clear New Londo

Last edited by kiwi_commander on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:24 pm

I got cursed once. I never look online when I play my first playthrough, so I never know what to expect. Until you get cursed, it's pretty reasonably to assume that the clouds are just poisoning you.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:52 pm

since we're talking about curses i have a question... can you still interact with people if you're cursed? It would kinda suck summoning a cursed phantom, or getting invaded while cursed
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm guessing a lot of people get cursed their first time in the sewers when they fall down that drain. Landing in all those frogs creates a sense of panic. People don't realize how little physical damage you get from the frogs...once you know that, you can calmly move away from the clouds.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:08 pm

I have to admit first time I ventured through the Depths I managed to get cursed. I thought it was pretty cool lol.

I can say this was the only time I got cursed and like so many things in this game I learnt from my mistake.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:09 pm

strangejoy wrote:I got cursed once. I never look online when I play my first playthrough, so I never know what to expect. Until you get cursed, it's pretty reasonably to assume that the clouds are just poisoning you.

this, i never looked anything up befpre i played the game, i wanted everything to be a surprise and if you looked up stuff you ruin the rurprise factor its a shame, first time i saw gaping dragon i was like daaaamn!! it ended up beign a lame fight but whatever. you could also get cursed if you have armor that has no curse resist, i got cursed in the hollow while trying to kill all the crystal geckos, i got stuck between two basilisks and it took less than two seconds to curse my ***.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Griever wrote:I have to admit first time I ventured through the Depths I managed to get cursed. I thought it was pretty cool lol.

I can say this was the only time I got cursed and like so many things in this game I learnt from my mistake.

Same here. Once I learned the right routes to take through the sewers, it went much better.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:11 pm

All the times I've gotten cursed have been due to 2 things. 1) being impatient and 2) just not paying attention to what I'm standing it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:37 pm

My first shot in the Depths was no problem. The second time I ventured in to see if I missed anything and walked right into two frogs. I was moving away from them fine but a third ended up behind me and between all three (pre-patch) I was cursed f'n fast. Seath got me once too when I was trying to go tank on him with most of my armor comprised of the Gold-Hemmed Black set.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm

I've gotten cursed twice, both on purpose before venturing to New Londo.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 pm

some people say that at first you'll think its poison

however

there's a thing

you see a skull on the end of the gauge you know its not a good sign
    Domhnall
    Domhnall
    Regular
    Regular

Location : Crosslegged in the Sewers, Occasionally Under a Bridge

Post by Domhnall Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Curse is awesome. It's a quick way to ramp up the difficulty on any play-through. I love getting cursed and then trying bosses and stuff to make it a bit harder.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:some people say that at first you'll think its poison

however

there's a thing

you see a skull on the end of the gauge you know its not a good sign

Perhaps you're not aware that the skull and crossbones is an international symbol for poison. big grin . This is why a search for "skull and crossbones symbol for poison" gets 169,000 hits on Google and why it's the official symbol for poison in the EEA and the U.S., among other places. It's on just about every container with highly poisonous material. You can't miss it if you spend any time in a chemistry lab.

In my case, I had moss and when I saw something that looked like the international sign for poison, I thought it was probably poison. As a Brasilian, you are likely aware that poison is also strongly associated with frogs (arrow frog, for instance). A frog... the international sign for poison... a black cloud... it all points to poison. And if you don't look online, you really wouldn't know that "curses" even exist.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Strangejoy that is the exact reason for my first curse. Looking back on it I feel kind of like an idiot but I still can see why I stood there using purple moss to try and stop whatever those frogs were doing to me. I was pretty happy though that I decided to buy purging stones from the pardoner earlier for the hell of it. Man I love this game and all of its surprises.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:54 pm

either way its kind of stupid letting yourself getting cursed

even if you thouhgt it was poison you know its gonna hinder you so why let it happen?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:50 pm