Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Domhnall
aceluby
skarekrow13
Deadmeat95
RANT
Griever
Back Lot Basher
strangejoy
kiwi_commander
Doelker
Akatik
meridam99
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Scudman_Slayer
20 posters

How come so many people get cursed?

strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How come so many people get cursed? - Page 2 Empty Re: How come so many people get cursed?

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:either way its kind of stupid letting yourself getting cursed

even if you thouhgt it was poison you know its gonna hinder you so why let it happen?

If you have spare moss, poisoning isn't really a big deal. Have you never been poisoned?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How come so many people get cursed? - Page 2 Empty Re: How come so many people get cursed?

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm

on blightown mostly due to the swamp and i kind of didn't had any posion resitance at the time

well i did have 25 moss with me thought

although really i wouldn't just wander around and get poisoned i would stop on a dry spot where i could let my poison gauge go down,then i would move again
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm kind of glad I did get cursed because this game suprises me at every turn. When I got cursed for the first time I thought wow how did they come up with this.

Therefore if I missed getting cursed I wouldn't have experienced this at all. Besides it wasn't really a big deal as I just went back to the merchant and sorted it.

And I wouldn't have seen myself turning to stone which I also thought was extremely cool but hey thats just me happy
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:on blightown mostly due to the swamp and i kind of didn't had any posion resitance at the time

well i did have 25 moss with me thought

although really i wouldn't just wander around and get poisoned i would stop on a dry spot where i could let my poison gauge go down,then i would move again

What if the poison bar resulted in instant death and halving of your hp (this would be somewhat realistic for certain poisons)? How would you respond if I said to you, "Scudman_Slayer, getting poisoned in blight town during your first playthrough was really stupid? Why didn't you wear more poison resistant clothing?" This is precisely your argument here. Do you think that people should instinctively know that the symbol for poison actually signifies a curse effect that would turn you into crystal, kill you, and halve your HP? Or do you think that anyone who allows any status-effect bar to fill up is "stupid," as you've suggested but contradicted in your own account of your first run through blight town?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Hostile much?

firt off i never said that anyone is stupid

i have a lot of friends that have been cursed

i just want to know how does so many people get cursed

thats what i was asking

i wasn't saying

"you all suck because you got cursed blah blah blah"

like what you said im doing

i was ASKING how so many people get cursed, if it was on purpose or by accident because i've never been cursed because i always paid attention to my screen

im not insulting anyone,if i wanted to insult people i would've said a looooooong time ago

///

and what would you like if i said "hey dude stop being and idiot and jumping into so many conclusions"

because from my point of view you just jumped into a conclusion saying that im pretty much calling everyone an idiot for getting cursed Shrug
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Just because we are brazilians does not means we live in a forest nor do we know everything about amazonian animals
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    i was ASKING how so many people get cursed, if it was on purpose or by accident because i've never been cursed because i always paid attention to my screen

Are you implying that we do not pay attention to our screens silly
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Griever wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:

Are you implying that we do not pay attention to our screens silly

don't make me edit that Prostration

i meant because i never actually wanted to know what that was
    neither did i ever really got close to those frogs anyway...just smack'em and roll

i would have liked getting cursed to go into new londo however i would die due to the halved health so due to how oblivious i can be sometimes

yeah i always sticked with transient curses because i needed the health

and i quite admire whoever can get through new londo without getting hit through a wall more than 5 times
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 pm

You can get 2 transients curses, and using only one, get more two after killing a banshee. Thats enough for one run into entire New Londo.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:either way its kind of stupid letting yourself getting cursed

even if you thouhgt it was poison you know its gonna hinder you so why let it happen?

Scudman, I'm not hostile at all. I was using your exact words (see above) as part of my analogy so that you would understand how you’re coming across to others. My analogy to your argument was based on direct quotes from you. When you accuse someone of being "hostile" for quoting your exact language (the "stupid" quote was your word; not mine), then you might want to engage in a little introspection.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Carphil wrote:Just because we are brazilians does not means we live in a forest nor do we know everything about amazonian animals

Of course. That was tongue-in-cheek. The poison arrow frog is a particularly famous animal that is probably well known to most people regardless of where they live.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:42 pm

pheraps you don't know me

i "insult" people as a way of showing "respect" for people silly

a lot of people know that about me but i really mean no harm neither do i really intended any harm on what i wrote on this thread

some people just cannot take things as a joke these days...

although what i wrote as pretty insulting i'll say
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Anyway, no harm. silly I got a little excited about the opportunity for an online debate. It's like pvp.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:40 am

Being cursed is in no way a big deal, in DS, if you weren't human you had 1/2 health. With being cursed, it gives you 1/2 health and lets you kill Casper.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

well...you could have 70% of your maximun health on demon souls with the cling ring though
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 am

And then you could just whack on the regen ring (whatever its called) and its plain saiing 8)
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:Hostile much?

firt off i never said that anyone is stupid

i have a lot of friends that have been cursed

i just want to know how does so many people get cursed

thats what i was asking

i wasn't saying

"you all suck because you got cursed blah blah blah"

like what you said im doing

im not insulting anyone,if i wanted to insult people i would've said a looooooong time ago

///

and what would you like if i said "hey dude stop being and idiot and jumping into so many conclusions"

because from my point of view you just jumped into a conclusion saying that im pretty much calling everyone an idiot for getting cursed How come so many people get cursed? - Page 2 3358384175

You say you never called anyone stupid, but...

There is an inference here that anyone allowing themselves to be cursed is stupid. Maybe you should read what you write before you hit the send button. If this turns into a flaming war, you will be warned and the thread will be locked.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm

I really don't like Countries refenrences. It can offend people, this is why most threads are locked
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

I've yet to actually be cursed, I love walking around alive with at least ten humanity and my fave armour is the crimson set, which offers good resistance.

Actually I was farming titanite in the depths and co-oping the level and the Gaping Dragon the other day and I get summoned three times in a row and each time the guy or gal dies to cursed frogs lol. I't's really not difficult to dodge the gas clouds and it's not difficult to have a decent curse resistance. I mean the amount or rats in the sewers, you can gain four or five humanity in ten minutes if you farm.

So I've taken to being pro active in the depths, killing the froggies to protect dumb *** noobs who just go charging in like they're invulnerable. I mean the symbol shows, the meter build. Your character sheet has a matching symbol next to the words Curse Resistance lol. Work it out people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:47 pm