Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
siegfried78
isthefridge
bloodpixel
DamageCK
FruitPunchNinja
Forum Pirate
Ghadis_God
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DarkW17
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JustT
DoughGuy
RANT
sean1230
18 posters

Man serpent greatsword most under rated

sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Man serpent greatsword most under rated Empty Man serpent greatsword most under rated

Post by sean1230 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 pm

I have 50 strength. And when i buff the sword it does around 500 damage with a pretty quick moveset but yet i seem to be the only one using it in pvp...and also how do they calculate hlw many souls u give when u die? Because im level 160 and only give 14000 souls but when i beat certain people they give me 200,000
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Man serpent greatsword most under rated Empty Re: Man serpent greatsword most under rated

Post by RANT Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 pm

shhhhhhhhhh............
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Man serpent greatsword most under rated Empty Re: Man serpent greatsword most under rated

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Dont let them ctach on winking
    JustT

Post by JustT Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah, it's fun. I have 3 on my current character and I'm getting one up to +15, going fire with one, and I'm not sure about the third.

For your soul question- I'd also like clarification on this. I'm pretty sure you get 10% of whatever the soul requirement is for their next level up, but that's gotta be strictly a host/invader deal. I know that in the forest, if a fellow hunter gets killed during a 2v2 sometimes I get souls from them, sometimes I don't. Same goes for phantoms that the host summons.

So to sum up, I dunno.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 pm

As an invader you get 10%, as a host you get 50%.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 pm

don't you mean 10% for as an invader?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Im having a really bad day for typing.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 pm

RantFromRant wrote:shhhhhhhhhh............
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Is it really that underrated?

I think it's one the safest, most reliable choices for a Strength build.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 pm

For buffing it's a good weapon but its raw damage gets outclassed at 40/40 by nonbuffable demon greatswords and the Mura especially. Depending on your build it can be good, I imagine SLB kills on it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:48 am

I hate using greatswords, they've neither the overwhelming power of bigger weapons, nor the speed of smaller weapons.

I prefer focused weapons, either speed of power. "balanced" weapons are bad at everything.

Also, the msgs is slower than its worth, if a greatswords is going to be your primary weapon i'd build a 40/40 and use the claymore.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 am

Its pretty damn good for a 40 str build. Especially with Sunlight Blade I can hit anywhere from 500-900 damage on a 2h r1 depending on their armour. The 2h is fast and the 1h has a large enough sweep to stop fishers. Overall its a great weapon. The running r1 could use some work but the roll r1 is very nice.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am

i love the msgs, one of the best weapons in the game, good move set and really good ar. it's really good for pvp and even better for pve.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 am

Its certainly a beast, its by far one of the best greatswords. I see it used a lot though so its far from underrated. Flamberge is underrated, and great in combination with a katana or other bleed weapon.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:20 am

I just don't like the R2s. In my opinion, the Clay with a 40/40 is the best all around. Good damage and a killer moveset.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 am

The 1h r2 is the 2h r1 I believe, and the 2h r2 looks cool but I never use it except when i attempt a wake up hit after a BS. Only attempted it 3 or 4 times but no hits yet.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:28 am

Sorry to piss on your lolipops but I don't think it's very underrated...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 am

It is not underrated at all since I've seen a lot of pvers use it but it is one of the best if not the best gs. In the game. The 2h r2 is really good against parries sing it dead angles like a beast.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 am

The 1 handed R2 is actually the most lethal setup parry of almost any weapon...you don't want the R2 thump to hit then insta parry after the miss...so many people come in for an attack when you miss the thump!

Also with the 2 handed R2 if you unlock and roll past them like your doing a roll BS but R2 it nails a lot of people! If you do get the R2 you can often get a 2nd also with a +15 buffed with char its 550 a hit so that combo will do 1100....ouch!!!

isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 pm

I use it on all my str build. Best scaling Greatsword for a SL 120 with 45-50 str build
    siegfried78
    siegfried78
    Casual
    Casual

Post by siegfried78 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Man Serpent Greatsword (msgs)=AR275, A scaling in strength at +15

Demon's Great Axe(dga)=AR285, S scaling in strength at +15

Claymore(clay)=AR257, C scaling in both strength and dex at +15

Looking at these stats not taking into account moveset or speed, I would think the dga was much better choice than the clay or the msgs because the AR is pretty equal and its S scaling. S is better than A. Personally I am still playing pve so others can maybe help me on if the moveset or speed make the other choices better for pvp
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:38 pm

I tested it yesterday with my friend. You can dodge escape (not toggle) its stunlock after 3 hits. The MLGS, the GLGS and the Claymore continue stunlocking after 3 hits. Assuming toggle escape didn't exist, this weapon would suck. It's still one of my favorite weapons (as a Str weapons fan).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:49 pm

siegfried78 wrote:Man Serpent Greatsword (msgs)=AR275, A scaling in strength at +15

Demon's Great Axe(dga)=AR285, S scaling in strength at +15

Claymore(clay)=AR257, C scaling in both strength and dex at +15

Looking at these stats not taking into account moveset or speed, I would think the dga was much better choice than the clay or the msgs because the AR is pretty equal and its S scaling. S is better than A. Personally I am still playing pve so others can maybe help me on if the moveset or speed make the other choices better for pvp

any weapon i s wgood for pve. the DGA is the strongest pure weapon in the game so of course is gonna be better than the msgs or clay in terms of ar, pvp is very different, its all about the move set and power but in the end it doesnt matter much since all most people do is bs with the hornet ring.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:12 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I tested it yesterday with my friend. You can dodge escape (not toggle) its stunlock after 3 hits. The MLGS, the GLGS and the Claymore continue stunlocking after 3 hits. Assuming toggle escape didn't exist, this weapon would suck. It's still one of my favorite weapons (as a Str weapons fan).

But Wyrm they have to still be alive after 3 hits to dodge escape...when I throw DMB on my MSGS 3 is all I need silly
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:19 pm

And you need to have alot of stamina to hit them for 4+ in a row.... I roll alot and I find even if I trigger a stunlock I cant hold them for more than 2 or 3 due to my stamina being less than full.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:51 pm