Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Is the number of players in one area capped at 4?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is the number of players in one area capped at 4? Empty Is the number of players in one area capped at 4?

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Just wondered whether it's possible to have a host, two phantoms, and two invaders in the Forest (or anywhere) at one time. I've never seen it. 3 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 seems to be the norm. Has anyone ever actually been involved in a 3 vs 2 match?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Is the number of players in one area capped at 4? Empty Re: Is the number of players in one area capped at 4?

Post by meridam99 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Just wondered whether it's possible to have a host, two phantoms, and two invaders in the Forest (or anywhere) at one time. I've never seen it. 3 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 seems to be the norm. Has anyone ever actually been involved in a 3 vs 2 match?

I believe it is capped at 4 because the connection is Peer to Peer, meaning the Host who summoned and/or invaded is also actually hosting the game.

This is also where a lot of lag comes into play. If the host is lagging, all the players will be lagging (least common denominator).
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is the number of players in one area capped at 4? Empty Re: Is the number of players in one area capped at 4?

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I am unsure if it is capped at 4 - I have invaded a host in the forest when there were at least 5 people present ( me of course, 3 phantoms and 1 host). My theory on this is that I believe a FoC member invasion was co-opted and he/she invaded as a white phantom and decided to help the host (this has happened to me before but I comitted suicide by jumping of a cliff because I did not want to committ a sin against the forest convenant by attacking/killing one of the forest NPCs) while the host had already summoned 2 phantoms (so now he had 3 helpers). In fact I never did see the host since the first phantom that approached appeared to sense I was ready to fight (he was spellcaster) so he ran back to the castle (where Alvina is) and down the hill comes 2 different melee type phantoms who basically kicked my butt. Like I said I never even saw the host.

So I'm not sure what the cap on the number of people who can be in the forest at any one time is. Sometimes this game can throw a curve ball at you so I am not sure if this was normal or a glitch.

The history of the world is not people making friends. You had better weapons and you massacred them. End of story. - SPIKE, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 pm