Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Doelker
Forum Pirate
Carphil
FruitPunchNinja
TehInfamousAmos
Buggy Virus
Pesth
11 posters

Silver Knight Straight Sword Question

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Silver Knight Straight Sword Question Empty Silver Knight Straight Sword Question

Post by Pesth Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

They are buffable right?! what the chances they patch this in the DLC? if they are buffable i will remake a entire SL80 build by deleting it bounce
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Silver Knight Straight Sword Question Empty Re: Silver Knight Straight Sword Question

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Yep.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Silver Knight Straight Sword Question Empty Re: Silver Knight Straight Sword Question

Post by Pesth Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:20 pm

this is going to be fun :face: and i give you my thanks
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Its buffable because pre-patch it had lightning auxiliary damage and divine on there so it could easily clear catacombs.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 pm

i'm not home right now so i cant see for myself, the moveset of the SKSS can be compared with other straight sword? how is it for pvp proposes?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Ok, ive hear you say that a few times amos. I only remember it having devine dmg, just like the SKS. I thought they changed that because it was pretty weak as it was. I find it hard to believe i never noticed it doing lightning dmg, but now that i think of it idk if i used it enough to remember. I know i at least used it for a moment.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 pm

at 40 dex, it has the same damage as Balder side sword, but its a bit slower. Also, the R2 attacks are easy to parry. Besides that, is one very good looking weapon
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Its longer than the bss *i think* and its buffable
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 pm

I like it, but it is pretty weak. Also like you mentioned it is pretty slow for a straight sword, i think it might be the slowest straight sword. I use it a lot if im looking for a challenge, it looks especially cool with a knightly looking build. One of my favorite looking weapons, despite it looking rather plain.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:37 pm

On my first playthrough when I reached anor londo I was so happy to find one of those. It felt fast and strong and it did have lightning damage.
    I was in love with that sword, I was using raw bastard sword and it wasn't bad but it felt heavy.
    (Don't ask why Raw... I still didn't figure out the scaling system.)
    I didn't know that after the patch is a buffable weapon since if I remember well it is upgraded with twinkling titanite.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 pm

The bss is plain, the skss is elegant. Its a shame I suck with it, its my favorite weapon looks wise.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I like it, but it is pretty weak. Also like you mentioned it is pretty slow for a straight sword, i think it might be the slowest straight sword. I use it a lot if im looking for a challenge, it looks especially cool with a knightly looking build. One of my favorite looking weapons, despite it looking rather plain.

err, its not pretty weak? think it like it had B scaling, go 40 dex and you'll see!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Ok, ive hear you say that a few times amos. I only remember it having devine dmg, just like the SKS. I thought they changed that because it was pretty weak as it was. I find it hard to believe i never noticed it doing lightning dmg, but now that i think of it idk if i used it enough to remember. I know i at least used it for a moment.

It didn't actually deal lightning damage, but hits had lightning particle effect and noise.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 pm

the r2's are slow power slashes, the one handed r2 combo is a downward slash followed by a sweep.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:Ok, ive hear you say that a few times amos. I only remember it having devine dmg, just like the SKS. I thought they changed that because it was pretty weak as it was. I find it hard to believe i never noticed it doing lightning dmg, but now that i think of it idk if i used it enough to remember. I know i at least used it for a moment.

It didn't actually deal lightning damage, but hits had lightning particle effect and noise.

Really!? how do i not remember that. It seems like so much work to take out that effect if it doesnt even do lightning dmg. what i read is it had a "mysterious" dmg, but i think it was just occult or devine.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 am

Silver Knight Straight Sword +5 = 262 physical damage; E Str Scale; C Dex Scale....It's the sword I used from the moment I got it in AL to the end of my NG playthrough, buffed with CMW and Hornet ring it would crit for like 1300 dmg, plus it's a beautiful sword. happy
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:57 am

It does do lightning damage in previous patches! I am still on it at the moment! I love this sword, never use it though... but might upgrade it for fun to see who it scales.. Not a Dex build though, more Str.. but I am just messing around with weapons...

Sexy sword...
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 am

just started using this sword.
    yes it is buff-able i use magic weapon on it all the time.

this may sound dumb. but it should always be buff-able cause far as i can tell +5 is as far as it goes.

i could be wrong probs am
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 am

yes it is and will be buffable happy its not upgraded the normal way or ascended to fire/magic etc, its just +5 with Twinkling
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:32 pm

i just ask because i think its the only +5 weapon (Twinkling) buffable, isn it?! it will fit just perfect in my build
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Pesth wrote:i just ask because i think its the only +5 weapon (Twinkling) buffable, isn it?! it will fit just perfect in my build

Yep.

check this out: http://tinyurl.com/88lvxl8

same damage as BSS, its just slower and has less reach. But looks way cooler IMO

Good to know some people like this sword big grin
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:30 pm

i'll get my int to 25 for the CMW with the painting guardian set + silver knight legs and shield
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 pm

My PVE build for NG wore Paladin Armor +5, Havel's Helm, Crimson Legs +5, Smough's Gauntlets, Bloodshield +14, and the wonderfully awesome Silver Knight Straight Sword +5...the great thing about the gear is it has GREAT utility imho with the bloodshield giving resistance to pretty much everything (bleed, curse, toxin, etc) Paladin's Armor is amazing for how cheap it is to upgrade (using only twinkling titanite), the crimson legs also are wonderful utility pantaloons and are also really easy to upgrade. Havel's helm gives good defenses along with smough's gauntlets. hell, im still wearing it into NG+ and beyond, the only difference is I only use bloodshield when i need it, prefering the Black Knight Shield to it.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:14 am

still using my divine hollow soldier shield.

so far though i am using havels helm and the crimson skirt i am loving them both.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:59 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:

Really!? how do i not remember that. It seems like so much work to take out that effect if it doesnt even do lightning dmg. what i read is it had a "mysterious" dmg, but i think it was just occult or devine.

Divine I think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 am