Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Silver Knight Straight sword

disapearow

Silver Knight Straight sword Empty Silver Knight Straight sword

Post by disapearow Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm

I personaly think the silver knight straight sword is the best looking straight sword (reminds me of the sword aragon uses in lord of the rings the shatterd one that the elves keep), i love it's move set where the player takes big steps forward with each strike (must deplete shields stamina fast) only thing missing is a thrust move which is so important in pvp (check balder side sword) so.. i was just wondering wouldnt it be cool if the devs made (in nxt patch) the sword have 110 devine damage to compensate for the lack of thrust motion? (it has got a thrust move which is forward roll 2 handed then attack not very convenient for pvp compared to standing your ground and thrusting from a distance) i hope to find out or if anybody knows.. if the devine/occult do more damge to dead/living in pvp thanx
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Silver Knight Straight sword Empty Re: Silver Knight Straight sword

Post by Whknight Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 pm

It did lightning damage before 1.05, I think it may have had some holy damage on it also but can't recall. I know what you mean with a thrust, I love using longswords and it's my primary weapon. I would probably stop using it if they did, it's a fairly good sword with a moveset effectivly matching the Silver Knights, and I like it the way it is more so since I also carry the spear as well to make up for range and poking and if I am not mistaken the R2's range should be pretty close to what the thrust is, sans Balder Side Sword. Also I don't think many know this, but comparing a +5 Silver and a +15 Longsword at 35 STR/DEX the longsword will begin to have a higher AR.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:14 pm

disapearow wrote:I personaly think the silver knight straight sword is the best looking straight sword
    I'd put it in my top 3 as far as looks go, especially since I don't have to lug it on my shoulder, like many other cool-looking swords. It's great having the option to light it up with charcoal resin, too.
    disapearow

Post by disapearow Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Whknight wrote:It did lightning damage before 1.05, I think it may have had some holy damage on it also but can't recall. I know what you mean with a thrust, I love using longswords and it's my primary weapon. I would probably stop using it if they did, it's a fairly good sword with a moveset effectivly matching the Silver Knights, and I like it the way it is more so since I also carry the spear as well to make up for range and poking and if I am not mistaken the R2's range should be pretty close to what the thrust is, sans Balder Side Sword. Also I don't think many know this, but comparing a +5 Silver and a +15 Longsword at 35 STR/DEX the longsword will begin to have a higher AR.

what's AR ... ive gone blank attack range?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Attack Rating, that number that appears in the weapon 1/2 slots on the right side of the screen. I don't believe it fully controls how much damage you do, but the higher that number the better.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm

If it would get the divine damage, it couldn't be buffed anymore. And silver knight spear already does some divine poking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 am