Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
zzombieboy
whitechikz11
ViralEnsign_
ICEFANG
Ahhotep1
Extertionist
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
Gazman0169
Serious_Much
swordiris
15 posters

Is this situation cheap?

swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is this situation cheap? Empty Is this situation cheap?

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I was invading in the catacombs and the host triggers the Vamos cutscene.

I huury over there and find him by vamos. I swing at him and he gets out of the way I start flipping around and while he ios swinging aggros Vamos. I then use Vamos as my "buddy" top take down the invader.

Is this cheap? I feel bad because Vamos will probably hate him for the rest of the playthrough
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Is this situation cheap? Empty Re: Is this situation cheap?

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Nothing wrong with that. After he aggro'd vamos he just became another mob to use to your advantage.

HOwever, you stopped someone (probably) using elemental weapons that playthrough, kudos is required I think silly
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:07 am

Not at all, he aggro'd Vamos not you, and so that'll teach him to be more mindful of his surroundings in the future. He probably hates you though, but if you're a Darkwraith why would you care? twisted
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:12 am

Who attacks when an NPC, and an important one too, is nearby when the exit is right there? I would say it kind of is cheap, but the fact they did it means I cant blame you for it.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:19 am

Why is it cheap? He invaded, and if he did so using a Red Eye Orb then that would mean he was at the time of the invasion a Darkwraith, meaning he had every right to use every tactic at his disposal to bring home the Host's scalp! twisted
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 am

I was a DM though.

Don't think it changes things though lol.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 am

Nice, another sinner for the list. twisted
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 am

It's a bit of a **** move but that guy should be more mindful.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:23 am

Yep...cheap. Host may have aggro'd Vamous but YOU caused it. Vamous ia a very important NPC. So, just for one kill...you probably ruined the hosts game. Why would you do that???? :evil:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 am

Err... because he was an Invader!

Aside from the fact that the Host aggro'd Vamos, not the OP, being an 'Invading party' the OP had every right to use whatever means he had at his disposal at the time (outside of glitching) to bring home the win, as this is very much in line with this particular aspect of the game.

It is NOT cheap, it is a part of the game, simple as.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:39 am

@ Swordiris, so you invaded as a Darkmoon?

If that's the case you were there to punish a sinner, which is exactly what you did. Unfortunately, none of us will ever know if the punishment fit the crime, but the fact remains that it was the Host who aggro'd Vamos, NOT YOU, and so it's his own stupid fault if he's f'd up his game, NOT YOURS.

I do not wish to sound heartless, but I cannot for the life of me understand why so many of my fellow gamers attach so many morals and codes of conduct to this game, which in essence has very little to begin with, and then start to moan and btch about it when we choose not to follow them. :evil:

One thing's for sure this has made me even more determined to join Billy's Darkstalkers! twisted
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 am

I would argue it was cheap, but it was completely his fault. The host controls the pace of the PvP, a good invader can usually control it a bit, but all he had to do was run away and finish the level.

Reminds me of the time in Dark Anor Londo, I would kill the people that invade me, and oftentimes they would run to the giant blacksmith. Their 'face' (character actions) when I don't care and continue beating both the giant and the invader is always comical. Quite like when they run there, and see no giant and then notice my little dragon horns...
    Is this situation cheap? 2596258901

The host may have underestimated you as well, his decision may have assumed one or both of you (you and Valmos) weren't a match for him, and died as a result of his foolishness.

To any player that says he is important, I would argue it really depends on the player as well, but all and all, it was his fault, it was easily avoidable, and although you are probably sleeping now, I would suggest you don't lose any sleep over it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 am

Not cheap just really unfortunate for the other player. Just start again I say. It doesnt take long to get SL 80 (6 hours tops) and only a few more to hit 120.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Err... because he was an Invader!

Aside from the fact that the Host aggro'd Vamos, not the OP, being an 'Invading party' the OP had every right to use whatever means he had at his disposal at the time (outside of glitching) to bring home the win, as this is very much in line with this particular aspect of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A56TTF76kWc
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Err... because he was an Invader!

oh my goodness, this is a shame to the FC :evil:
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 am

His game isn't ruined anyway. Velka's pardoner can absolve his sin, and Vamos won't be hostile anymore.
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 pm

zzombieboy wrote:His game isn't ruined anyway. Velka's pardoner can absolve his sin, and Vamos won't be hostile anymore.

This. And besides, he can always go on to NG+, and Vamos really isn't that important of an NPC anyways. He really didn't change his game at all. That's not cheap at all.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Cheap is defined by your morals/ethics. So to the original poster, if you feel bad about it then yeah, it was cheap. Whoops. Try not to let it happen again big grin If you don't feel bad about it you just discovered a great new tactic. The game is set up to allow all players to come together and treat each other like crap if we want. Most of the covenants aren't really conducive to honor but those of us who want to can certainly abide by our own rules. I myself like to think I'm fairly honorable but even my chosen covenant (forest hunter) is a snake pit of fiends. Think of what the intent was......some poor schmuck enters the forest and has a choice. They can go the long way and fight a hydra, followed by not one, but three unique mobs (better learn that roll attack fast there sonny!). Or they can go the other way around and fight either a large host of trees followed by the cats again, OR a group of very versatile warriors with many things stacked in their favor. A couple knights, a sorcerer who likes to use the trees to his advantage to maintain distance. An archer, a thief with the ability to do CRAZY damage with backstabs and ripostes. And to top it off, another random warrior placed near a cleric who can cast AoE healing spells. As if those odds weren't stacked enough, if you dare to reverse hollowing you risk the threat of constant invasions from, here's the kicker, warriors from ANY soul level. I'd say From was pretty set on not having too many fair fights. That may be the worst covenant for honor but like was pointed out earlier, just think of the intended purpose of the invasion covenants.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 am

@whitechikz11- Why?

The OP wasn't competing in a FC match-up, and so was not restrained by any restrictions outside of those governing the Darkmoons. Added to which, from what I have seen to date all FC match-ups are staged in areas more conducive to an honorable fight, where amongst other things there are no NPC's to aggro. Furthermore, even though I am proud to be a member of the SL120 FC, and will do everything in my power to uphold all of the rules and regulations that help govern us, what I do outside of my FC (RSS and REO) match-ups is quite frankly my own business, and the same also applies for the OP.

I cannot help but wonder what you were hoping to achieve posting such a flippant comment? :suspect:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am

@Ahhotep1- As far as I am concerned posting the link to that particular Youtube clip changes nothing. The OP did nothing wrong, as it was the Host who showed a complete disregard for his surroundings, and paid a high price because of it. Remember this is not a noob that we are talking about here, as the Host would of had to have traversed a heck of a lot of the game to reach Vamos to begin with, and so it's his own stupid fault that he allowed himself to be drawn into a situation whereby he accidently aggro'd a key NPC in the game.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 am

Gaz, you can go through catacombs as a noob. I distinctly remember doing it myself... I find hiding inside the Peaceful NPC's is a bit of an ******* move, especially when people heal whilst hiding inside the giant BS but Shrug
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

True, but given the location the likelihood of the Host being a noob is pretty remote, wouldn't you say?.

I suggest that most noobs would tend to run a mile in the opposite direction when they first encounter the skellies in the graveyard leading up to the Catacombs, I know I did, and so making it all the way to Vamos would be a momentous achievement in my book! twisted

Also, where you find hiding inside, or even beside, an NPC to be a ******* move, I would suggest it was more of a shrewd one, especially if the Host is at the same 'skill' level or higher than the Invading party. That's not to say that I wouldn't find it extremely annoying if it happened to me, or that I would consider using such a tactic myself, only that I can easily see why others might resort to this if the need came about.

*Edited to add the word 'skill', to help better clarify the point I am trying to put across.

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    quench
    quench
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by quench Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Bad situation to be in but personally i would try to stay away from questionable areas (npcs, groups of demons etc) especially when invading so that is a good and fair match but maybe a slight touch of silliness by the host to battle near an important npc but hey.......ps darkwraiths use under handed tactics...... darkmoon all the way beatches punishing sinners since 2011 Well What is it
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Darkmoon SL225 invading my SL60 GL yet I still win... GG Bro, it appears Darkwraiths have a higher skill level :evil:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 pm

SL's do not amount to much when it comes to Invading. Just because you come across a toon who is a higher SL than yours does not automatically mean that the person controlling it is more experienced and/or skilled than you. I mean, it doesn't take that much to level up a toon to 120, 225, or above, and with the Dragonhead glitch it has now become a heck of a lot easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 am