Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Uparkaam
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Shindori
8 posters

I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly.

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly. Empty I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly.

Post by Shindori Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:20 am

Like the Spear miracles.
    They seem rather useless in PVP since they're so damn easy to dodge.
    Which is a shame since one sunlight spear with 60 int, darkmoon crown and ring of the sun's firstborn makes a nice little 1k+ damage.

Speaking of PVP... Why is it fight clubs are limited? Can't you be summoned through RSS at any level? I mean, I did use it to get summoned by a lvl 300+ to trade some items. In which case, I will continue to lvl my character until desired.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly. Empty Re: I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly.

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:13 am

The Lightning Spears are pretty fast with 45 Dex though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly. Empty Re: I feel some things are for PVE only, sadly.

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:15 am

You mean why are they limited to 120/225? Because anything above that means characters simply become the same. Everyone hsa all 40's and can do anything. Loewr levels force you to restrict your build a bit thus making it more unique. Also the effort required to make a character above this levels is more than what most people are willing to do for a single toon.

FROM designed the game as a PvE game, not a PvP game. Therefore their are some things that are soecifically designed for PvE, not PvP.

For sunlight spear do you mean 60 fth? Not 60 int silly

Last edited by DoughGuy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 am

DoughGuy wrote:FROM designed the game as a PvE game, not a PvP game. Therefore their are some things that are soecifically designed for PvE, not PvE,

lol!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 am

:roll:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am

Sun Spears should have had the AoE thundershock whenever they collided with a non-player object. Direct Hits would generate current damage, and AoE shocks would generate 50% damage.

Water is not common enough to have really been worth the lines of coding they placed into that effect.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 am

ive found the only way to hit someone with a sunlight spear, is to eitha twop them or catch them unawares
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Well if you are using any projectile magic in Faith you should have the slow spell as a mandatory spell. My brothers paladin build does exactly that and he doesn't miss his spears very often. Also combo that with my Spirit Archer Build and you are an unstoppable slowing/kiting machine.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:29 pm

If you can get the enemy in water somehow Sunlight spears are the coolest spell.

Soul arrows and spears are useful in thin corriders. Or traps to get your opponent to roll off a ledge.

Try them soul spears on Anor Londo buttresses for profit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am