Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Jansports
swordiris
Leeroy_Jenkins
WyrmHero
rywhitty222
FruitPunchNinja
ViralEnsign_
techno_viking
kazumoshi
GrEeNgObLiN
Gaxe
RANT
billy_bayonet
CaptanSpudsy
TehInfamousAmos
ROOSTER330
20 posters

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND - Page 9 Empty Re: PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Seriously can someone make a miyamoto musashi build so that I can lose to them in an historically accurate duel
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND - Page 9 Empty Re: PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:44 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Seriously can someone make a miyamoto musashi build so that I can lose to them in an historically accurate duel

Lol, i read about that duel when you spoke about it before. Pretty cool stuff. Musashi used a nodachi, correct? Although nodachi is prob more like the washing pole, im using a mura, so im close! No idea what musashi wore though, and im sorta stuck on my armor config
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Not quite

Kojiro was know for his devotion to Bushido and was everything a samurai wanted to be and was well known and respected in the dueling world. Musahsi was his counter part in all things save skill.

Now it was common knowledge that Kojiro made use of an extremely long bladed katana (now im not saying it wasnt a nodaichi) but was commonly known as the drying pole.

Musashi known for his inventiveness challenged Kojiro to duel on Ezo? I think....

Anywho on the day of the duel Kojiro arrive early like any samurai would. Howver musashi did not appear. Furious Kojiro began to pace and curse the cowards who would not show for the fight.

This was not the case. Musashi had been working on a weapon to defeat Kojiro's Drying Pole. This came in the form of a wooden blade carved from one of the oars of the boat that brought Musashi to the island. This wooden armament happened to be slightly longer than the Drying Pole.

From the outset of the duel it was clear Musashi had the advantage. His opponent was angry. Musashi used careful strikes to knock Kojiro to the ground. while down Kojiro attempted to strike out and kill Musashi but missed. Musashi killed him in a single blow.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:38 pm

rywhitty222 wrote:I am good on saturday and sunday any time in the evening, the friday i work quite late and cannot make any promises about :/
    Thanks! We will work something out
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Not quite

Kojiro was know for his devotion to Bushido and was everything a samurai wanted to be and was well known and respected in the dueling world. Musahsi was his counter part in all things save skill.

Now it was common knowledge that Kojiro made use of an extremely long bladed katana (now im not saying it wasnt a nodaichi) but was commonly known as the drying pole.

Musashi known for his inventiveness challenged Kojiro to duel on Ezo? I think....

Anywho on the day of the duel Kojiro arrive early like any samurai would. Howver musashi did not appear. Furious Kojiro began to pace and curse the cowards who would not show for the fight.

This was not the case. Musashi had been working on a weapon to defeat Kojiro's Drying Pole. This came in the form of a wooden blade carved from one of the oars of the boat that brought Musashi to the island. This wooden armament happened to be slightly longer than the Drying Pole.

From the outset of the duel it was clear Musashi had the advantage. His opponent was angry. Musashi used careful strikes to knock Kojiro to the ground. while down Kojiro attempted to strike out and kill Musashi but missed. Musashi killed him in a single blow.

Oh. Well im not fighting you with a club. Lol, just kidding. Suppose i had the long bladed weapon with the wrong person. Would it be strange to say, if you are Kojiro, who ever kills you must be Musashi?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Yup the greatest swords man to ever live!
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 pm

For those who have not given me a time yet, I plan on putting together the bracket soon, so if you do not give me a timezone and your best times available, I will schedule you anyway, hopfully you are able to compete.

Also,@everyone, I plan to make it a double elimination tournament, pending any disagreement
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Altered my toon some.... never really used chaos blade and always wanted to happy

Looking through all the builds....they are all really diverse and strong! I like it! Props to Leeroy for the Dual Parry Dagger build, works or not its awesome!
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Also @Wyrmhero, as I was admiring your build and basing mine off it...lol.... I noticed you have the Adventurer set helm and gauntlets.....cant have non-upgradable armours my friend!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 pm

eh those pieces barely have any defense rooster, i for one wouldnt really care. BTW i think im good for anything after 7PM EST
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:27 pm

I second not really caring about the Adventurer helm, it looks really neat anyways and it's not like it's grossly stronger than anything any other samurai could be wearing.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Something i do think is an issue though, the chaos blade. It's way too powerful compared to uchis when they are both at base level. Either both classes should be able to use it, or it should be banned. Chaos blades base dmg is 144, then on top of that you get a bonus from 10humanity. Uchi and Iaitos base dmg is 90. I know that chaos takes health, but its not enough. I didnt realize just how high the base dmg was with the chaos blade.

This is an issue, imo. Its really the only thing that will make this unbalanced.

EDIT: YEA, i just tested it with one of my other saves. i had 45 dex and 10humanity. An unupgraded chaos blade did 204dmg to the undead soldiers near firelink. The uchi did 69. this is 1handed attacks and i was in ng+. Please consider a change in the rules. Also, if we have a weapon in our offhand that can block are we allowed to? It kind of a loophole in the shield rule.It would be kind of weird if the rule was "dont use the weapons block", maybe just have it so you cant offhand a weapon that can block.

Sorry, i'm just making my build and noticed these issues. They can be easily fixed, but as of now its pretty unbalanced.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Appears no one cares about adventurer set, so, in a cleberity deathmatch tone "I'll allow it".

PunchNinja, I hate you. Lol. You make good points about the chaos blade, I will leave it to the members about removing it. Which sucks, because I just finished my build, using the chaos blade! lol, will have to come up with something else assuming everyone is in agreement with removing it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Or both sides could allow it, but yea compared to the other katanas its basically a death wish not using it. Its more then twice the dmg output. I have my build at sl19 until its decided. Sorry i really dont mean to nitpick, but i didnt realize just how much of a difference it was.

Oh and about the blocking with an off hand weapon, i guess thats not really a big deal cause you can twohand a katana(or other weapon) and block. Wasn't really thinking.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Or both sides could allow it, but yea compared to the other katanas its basically a death wish not using it. Its more then twice the dmg output. I have my build at sl19 until its decided. Sorry i really dont mean to nitpick, but i didnt realize just how much of a difference it was.

Oh and about the blocking with an off hand weapon, i guess thats not really a big deal cause you can twohand a katana(or other weapon) and block. Wasn't really thinking.

lol, its all good. I have two builds now....got bored and started another, so I'm good either way. Going to two hand the Mura, no one else is using it, suppose I just wanna be different happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 pm

See thats a good example of why i had to say something, you will do less
    dmg with the mura then you would with the chaos blade. So are we going
    to say banned? Or wait till others comment. This is my current build http://tinyurl.com/8ldyhdw
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Ok, my build and your has been fixed on the roster, Chaos Blade is now not allowed. Sucks, but had to be done.
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 pm

With the removal of the chaos blade, here is my new build. A samurai big grin
    http://tinyurl.com/8vn7kb5
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:20 pm

I had no idea Chaos Blade was so far ahead of Uchi in damage output, I had thought the split damage would've been a larger factor, but if it does indeed outpace the damage of every other available weapon then it'd be a standout problematic issue.

I hadn't thought of offhand blocking (Since I gravitated right to the parry dagger lol) but I might try moving my weapons around to facilitate that, or I might just 2H the partizan more hmmm.

all in all my build wont change from any of this so no need to edit my stuff. If I may request a place where Kellogs can have died, else ninjas wouldn't get their mist pyros... the Burg seems too busy as we'd likely encounter many Greifers

perhaps this'd be a good time to put to use the Painted world, however I'm not certain everyone would be comfortable in such a higher level area with no upgraded weapons (you could just use upgraded weapons to get there then put the base ones on but unless you're BBing some weapons like the Liato/partizan/parry dagger you only find one in a normal play through.)
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:31 pm

The chaos blade doesnt have split damage
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Jansports wrote:I had no idea Chaos Blade was so far ahead of Uchi in damage output, I had thought the split damage would've been a larger factor, but if it does indeed outpace the damage of every other available weapon then it'd be a standout problematic issue.

I hadn't thought of offhand blocking (Since I gravitated right to the parry dagger lol) but I might try moving my weapons around to facilitate that, or I might just 2H the partizan more hmmm.

all in all my build wont change from any of this so no need to edit my stuff. If I may request a place where Kellogs can have died, else ninjas wouldn't get their mist pyros... the Burg seems too busy as we'd likely encounter many Greifers

perhaps this'd be a good time to put to use the Painted world, however I'm not certain everyone would be comfortable in such a higher level area with no upgraded weapons (you could just use upgraded weapons to get there then put the base ones on but unless you're BBing some weapons like the Liato/partizan/parry dagger you only find one in a normal play through.)

I had to go through painted to get the red sign soapstone, and I dont bb glitch. I used the claymore and upgraded to get through most of the areas, had to kill gwyndolin and smough n ornstien, did it with equipment i will not use in tourney, not too bad. If anyone needs help getting anywhere, summon me or anyone else involved in the tournament, we are all at same sl and its a pain finding sl25 for some areas
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Also, painted may be a good place, inside the tower on bottom level. Good for our sl, no invasions, , and its a nice tourney style round room to use. Only problem being if everyone wants to go that far. I got invaded a few times in the forest, so im not real sure about that area
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 pm

ROOSTER330 wrote:Also @Wyrmhero, as I was admiring your build and basing mine off it...lol.... I noticed you have the Adventurer set helm and gauntlets.....cant have non-upgradable armours my friend!

You are the boss you tell me!!! I equipped the helm for the big horns some samurai had. I could change it for the Vamos' helm if need be. The gaunts too. What we doing with Chaos Blade? No no?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Whoops sorry, just read it isn't allowed. I'm afraid twinkling upgrade is strong when it's base damage, but I hope it's not the case because jagged blade looks awesome. New build by the way:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4791182227750877

Partizan and Composite Bow as backup menu swap.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Whoops sorry, just read it isn't allowed. I'm afraid twinkling upgrade is strong when it's base damage, but I hope it's not the case because jagged blade looks awesome. New build by the way:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4791182227750877

Partizan and Composite Bow as backup menu swap.

Awesome, got you updated. Also, any thoughts on my build? Ive never used the Mura, and just because no one else is using it I thought it would be cool, but should I really use it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm