Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DarkW17
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
swordiris
Motopsycho
skarekrow13
Buggy Virus
Serious_Much
Ghadis_God
Dominikov
FrEyes
RANT
Gaxe
16 posters

Best DEX Weapon?

Poll

Best DEX Weapon?

[ 4 ]
    Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_lcap17%Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_lcap38%Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_lcap4%Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_lcap8%Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_lcap33%Best DEX Weapon? I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best DEX Weapon? Empty Best DEX Weapon?

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Hello all, Gaxe here ofc silly. I'm planning to create a build using sunlight blade. I can't decide which weapon to use though D: so could anyone help me pick?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Best DEX Weapon? Empty Re: Best DEX Weapon?

Post by RANT Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:41 pm

go with the one you like best, its up to your playstyle really. all the weapons you hav in the poll are very different so it depends on youre fighting style.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:45 pm

RantFromRant wrote:go with the one you like best, its up to your playstyle really. all the weapons you hav in the poll are very different so it depends on youre fighting style.

My fighting style is all styles basically, I adapt extremely fast to the weapons I use. But I like to roll extremely close to people attack once then roll away, kind of like draining their health very slowly without much risk to me.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 pm

go with ricard's rapier then. pokepokepoke lol the only rapier i like is velka's and im probably not the best one at giving advice about dex weapons since i love my str weapons and lately the halberds.
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:25 pm

BSS cuz of its good move set, long reach and awesome looks!
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Gaxe wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:go with the one you like best, its up to your playstyle really. all the weapons you hav in the poll are very different so it depends on youre fighting style.

My fighting style is all styles basically, I adapt extremely fast to the weapons I use. But I like to roll extremely close to people attack once then roll away, kind of like draining their health very slowly without much risk to me.

RantFromRant wrote:go with ricard's rapier then. pokepokepoke lol the only rapier i like is velka's and im probably not the best one at giving advice about dex weapons since i love my str weapons and lately the halberds.

^^ Agreed. Rapier's are excellent at slowly chipping away someone's health from behind a shield. You might be called a "turtle" if you stay behind the shield 24/7 so I would consider throwing out some normal R1's and R2's every once and awhile.

Also, look into the Leo Ring, it gives "+50% Counter Dmg" AKA hitting an enemy as he's swinging at you. Time it right and you'll Crit higher.

Excellent ring to have with a rapier.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I've heard people cry the virtues of the BSS but I like using katanas more than straight swords, not that I really have much practice with the BSS. I personally prefer the Iaito over the Uchi, but that's a very minor moveset difference. I'd say the best Dex.weapon is the Murakumo, but you probably won't have the stats to use it fully if you're going for a hybrid faith/dex.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Ok i'll create my build first and then let you guys decide which would be the best weapon for me ok ^^.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 pm

With buffs, for sure it's gotta be the BSS, it's only real weakness is slightly weak power, and that's taken care of by the buff.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Gaxe wrote:Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.

Ahh, well in that case I would recommend the BSS. I personally love the BSS, I revolved my whole DEX Build around it and I use it 1H and 2H.

^^ I can give you my build if you want to try it ^^

The 2H R2 attack is a thrusting/jabbing motion that would be amazing with the Leo Ring. If you continuously press R2 he will jab the sword until you run out of stamina.

The 2H R1 is like the 2H swing on a katana, it slices in an "X" fashion. Nothing too special.

The BSS is great for combating "turtles" and when combined with the Leo Ring it does some great damage. Just R2 into their shield until they stumble and poke em in the chest! silly

❤ BSS ❤
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Pickaxe, sometimes you don't even notice the miss stagger!
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Dominikov wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.

Ahh, well in that case I would recommend the BSS. I personally love the BSS, I revolved my whole DEX Build around it and I use it 1H and 2H.

The 2H R2 attack is a thrusting/jabbing motion that would be amazing with the Leo Ring. If you continuously press R2 he will jab the sword until you run out of stamina.

The 2H R1 is like the 2H swing on a katana, it slices in an "X" fashion. Nothing too special.

The BSS is great for combating "turtles" and when combined with the Leo Ring it does some great damage. Just R2 into their shield until they stumble and poke em in the chest! silly

❤ BSS ❤

Hmm sure i'll try your build ^^ I've never actually used the BSS though but I adapt fast and i still don't know what the leo ring does .-.

Edit: Here's the build I came up with. http://tinyurl.com/d3on5sy
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Gaxe wrote:
    Dominikov wrote:

❤ BSS ❤

Hmm sure i'll try your build ^^ I've never actually used the BSS though but I adapt fast and i still don't know what the leo ring does .-.

I just looked at your build. Are you going for a SL 80 build? I forgot to mention that my DEX Build is all melee and it's SL 120. I don't have any pyros/spells/miracles and it only has 1 attunement slot, but you could easily tweak my build to use pyros/spells/miracles. I chose the armor because it looks cool and it gives 60 poise. I recently learned that 56 poise is the breakup for a greatsword's sprinting R1 attack (thanks to WyrmHero) - meaning if someone does a sprinting R1 with a greatsword it won't send you flying back on the ground.

My backup left hand is a Falchion +15, so this build has dual wielding potential as well as a BSS/Shield combo. I personally like the off-hand Falch because it's off-hand attack is a simple swing and it has the ability to parry (which also looks cool silly)

Leo Ring:
    - Boosts Counter Damage by 40%.
    - Counter Damage occurs if you hit an enemy mid-swing, or at the same time as he hits you.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Scythe scythe scythe scythe scythe
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 am

Dominikov wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:
    Dominikov wrote:

❤ BSS ❤

I just looked at your build. Are you going for a SL 80 build? I forgot to mention that my DEX Build is all melee and it's SL 120. I don't have any pyros/spells/miracles and it only has 1 attunement slot, but you could easily tweak my build to use pyros/spells/miracles. I chose the armor because it looks cool and it gives 60 poise. I recently learned that 56 poise is the breakup for a greatsword's sprinting R1 attack (thanks to WyrmHero) - meaning if someone does a sprinting R1 with a greatsword it won't send you flying back on the ground.

My backup left hand is a Falchion +15, so this build has dual wielding potential as well as a BSS/Shield combo. I personally like the off-hand Falch because it's off-hand attack is a simple swing and it has the ability to parry (which also looks cool silly)

Leo Ring:
    - Boosts Counter Damage by 40%.
    - Counter Damage occurs if you hit an enemy mid-swing, or at the same time as he hits you.

The thing with that build is you just wouldn't be doing enough damage. You'd have no spells or miracles to back you up or anything.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:21 am

Gaxe wrote:The thing with that build is you just wouldn't be doing enough damage. You'd have no spells or miracles to back you up or anything.

I haven't officially made this build or taken it out in PvP, but I have a pretty similar build on PS3 with no pyros/spells/miracles. On that build I am using a Claymore +15 and the BSS +15 and a Black Knight Shield +5. My BSS hits decent (350-475 range). Maybe it's just me, but I just like the BSS's moveset and I've gotten so comfortable with it. The build is also very mobile so I easily dodge attacks. I prefer the high mobility over the damage. If you can dodge, then you can beat anyone. Slow and steady wins the race (or fight in this case).

In the end though, it's completely your choice happy I just think the BSS works great for a DEX Build.

Last edited by Dominikov on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more)
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 am

With buffs or not I gotta say it's the falchion. try it. You'll see what i mean.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 am

Balder Side Sword. That thing is sexy. Some people say it has low power but I hit extremely hard with it. Balder Side Sword + DMB rank 3 is epic win.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:34 am

I never understood why people like the BSS so much. It's so boring looking, and idk, i never liked it xD

Overrated imo. The only thing that i like its the weight.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 am

It is the moveset and speed not the looks just like the chain mail description.

Knights may favor flashy armor, but for
    warriors on the battlefield, anything is
    fine as long as it keeps them alive.

Exactly how I feel about BSS. Although I've done some cool flashy things with it. As much as I hate DWGR I admit it makes BSS look cool so it is the only toon I use that ring on.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:39 am

swordiris wrote:Balder Side Sword. That thing is sexy. Some people say it has low power but I hit extremely hard with it. Balder Side Sword + DMB rank 3 is epic win.

Good man, that's the way to go with that thing silly

Motopsycho wrote:I never understood why people like the BSS so much. It's so boring looking, and idk, i never liked it xD

Overrated imo. The only thing that i like its the weight.

I think it's most loved for it's moveset and it does decent damage for a weapon of it's kind.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 am

swordiris wrote:It is the moveset and speed not the looks just like the chain mail description.

Knights may favor flashy armor, but for
    warriors on the battlefield, anything is
    fine as long as it keeps them alive.

Exactly how I feel about BSS. Although I've done some cool flashy things with it. As much as I hate DWGR I admit it makes BSS look cool so it is the only toon I use that ring on.

Do you happen to have a BSS DMB Build that I could look at? Or know anyone with a good one? I made a pure melee build with BSS and SKS, but I might consider a buffing build for it as well.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 am

the falchion wins my vote, especially when two handed that thing is like a buzz saw, if you buff it it literally takes 2 seconds to kill some one with 1500 health (3 swings ), either way whatever weapon you choose if it isn't a spear have one as a back up just in case.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:11 am

I persoanlly like the uchi but that just me...its 1 handed R2 has just as much reach as the BSS thrust with equal or very close dmg!

I would only caution the ease of being parry'd with a BSS I am so confident in parrying that particular weapon ill go for a blind parry on a DMB buffed BSS with my darkhand everytime...especially the roll upswing just parry bait!

But I don't mean to trash the BSS I use it an love it myself in the right hands its one of the best weapons in the game....on my 225 forest host I buff CMW on a BSS and can rock full havels no shield and a darkhand...its not even fair 1V1 but I am usually fighting 2 or 3!!

just saying it can very easily be parry'd and if your a good dead angler an uchi or laito is much better against a strong opponent!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 am