Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Forum Pirate
Joichiro
omega Elf
RANT
Tolvo
bloodpixel
Gaxe
RailBladerX
Carphil
WyrmHero
Ghadis_God
15 posters

UG weapons are broken for PvP.

johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

UG weapons are broken for PvP. - Page 2 Empty Re: UG weapons are broken for PvP.

Post by johnnyjwa Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:51 pm

I use a great club(?)(the poison one) on my str build and its pretty awesome. It is slow but when it hits, it HITS. A trick I like to do is 2h my wep and do a normal swing followed my a second normal swing. Most people don't expect the follow up with the club the 2nd hit connects. It works prob 70% of the time on people who rush in after the 1st swing (which I find a lot of people do). Test the waters with one swing and see how the player reacts.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

UG weapons are broken for PvP. - Page 2 Empty Re: UG weapons are broken for PvP.

Post by RailBladerX Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:02 pm

RantFromRant wrote:imo great hammers are very viable, all you gotta do is lock off right before you do the ground pound and aim it behind you which will cause the guy thats trying to roll bs you to get a great hammer in the face, of course you cant just keep doing that, try to change it up to keep your opponent guessing since ppvp in dark souls is all about who backstabs first which i think its so lame. same with the great axes, you really havve to pick you shots but when you connect usually is for a counter which should do about 600 to 700 damage without a buff!(with DGA) the rolling attack are pretty good for counter backstabs, also i spear helps a lot to keep your opponent away from you, i littlle faith is awesome too, force will be your best friend if you know how to use it, its perfect to counter backstabs, as soon as the roll towards you just use force ad they will stagger and get oppened for a bs, what i do is roll towards them, use force and bs. this is gonna take a while ans anyone can do this but the thing is that people are lazy and would just rather go with what's easier which is dex weapons.

I see what you are saying guy, and I'm sure most who are complaining about the great hammers/axes have done their fair share of builds, and hours of pvp use. But it comes down to this:

I'm sure you've played lots of different fighting games, but one that comes to mind is Street Fighter. Sure you can use Dan (great hammers/axes), but Ken (every other great weapon) is vastly superior and takes less work, is more fun, and gives a better feeling of accomplishment (Victory).

which are you going to use?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 pm

The one that makes your opponent go SPLAT!, of course. lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 pm

RailBladerX wrote:

I'm sure you've played lots of different fighting games, but one that comes to mind is Street Fighter. Sure you can use Dan (great hammers/axes), but Ken (every other great weapon) is vastly superior and takes less work, is more fun, and gives a better feeling of accomplishment (Victory).

Don't forget people like me, who refuse to play as anyone but Dan, because he's so much fun.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:16 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I admit to carphil that I don't have massive, in-depth experience with the axes and hammers. I have a good amount of experience with both the DGM and Great Club, and used the Grant for a while while hunting. (I actually have the most experience with Greatswords and spears). I never said that no one can be good with them. But the community speaks for itself. They flock to weapons and items that are high-tier or even OP and ignore those that are poorly balanced. Katanas? Check. Straight Swords? Not super common but the BSS has general popularity on these forums and many people buff them. Greatswords? Very common. Spears and rapiers have their dedicated users, I especially see spears all the time. Hand axes/hammers? Almost never, and I would argue these are another severely underpowered class of weapon. Polearms are also common weapons between the great scythe, G. Halberd, and a few others I see often. Daggers are also never seen aside from bs use, and they are generally underpowered for direct fighting. Whips are hard to use with little benefit, another rare weapon. My thread never claimed that UG weapons were impossible to use. I simply described a way to rebalance them with unique attributes that make them worth the low speed and punishability.

I actually think the Battle Axe is one of the most underrated weapons. its 2H running animation is wonderful and it's low reqs make it great for CMW or DMB buffing at mid level ranges
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 am

I hate fighting people with large weapons. 99% of the time they kill me with a single backstab.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:36 am

bloodpixel wrote:I hate fighting people with large weapons. 99% of the time they kill me with a single backstab. who backstab fish.
    Corrected. lol!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:23 am

RailBladerX wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:imo great hammers are very viable, all you gotta do is lock off right before you do the ground pound and aim it behind you which will cause the guy thats trying to roll bs you to get a great hammer in the face, of course you cant just keep doing that, try to change it up to keep your opponent guessing since ppvp in dark souls is all about who backstabs first which i think its so lame. same with the great axes, you really havve to pick you shots but when you connect usually is for a counter which should do about 600 to 700 damage without a buff!(with DGA) the rolling attack are pretty good for counter backstabs, also i spear helps a lot to keep your opponent away from you, i littlle faith is awesome too, force will be your best friend if you know how to use it, its perfect to counter backstabs, as soon as the roll towards you just use force ad they will stagger and get oppened for a bs, what i do is roll towards them, use force and bs. this is gonna take a while ans anyone can do this but the thing is that people are lazy and would just rather go with what's easier which is dex weapons.

I see what you are saying guy, and I'm sure most who are complaining about the great hammers/axes have done their fair share of builds, and hours of pvp use. But it comes down to this:

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, people are just lazy and go with whatever is easier. There is no superior or more fun, everyone has different opinions of what fun and better is.

Edit; and wouldn't your ssense of accomplished be greater with something that is harder to master?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:23 pm