Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Force deflection

Zhangbob
    Zhangbob
    Casual
    Casual

Force deflection Empty Force deflection

Post by Zhangbob Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 am

I was curious does the miracle Force deflect a spell back at the person or in a random direction
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Force deflection Empty Re: Force deflection

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

Random, but I think it can hurt them. I know that Dragon Torso Stone reflects it back at random, but it doesn't hurt them, it can still hurt you or a friendly phantom though.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 am

It deflects them based on somewhat realistic looking angles depending on how they hit the bubble. I've had 2 deflections hit the caster and deal damage. Both times with HCSM, once the caster launched them at me and immediately flipped to my forward as I moved laterally to the caster I popped force, they hit the right side of the bubble and did a nice ricochet. As his flip ended off to me right 2 of his annoying missiles smacked him in the face. The second occurred with a caster launching them at me as he charged straight towards me, they hit the bubble pretty much dead center and several went straight back in to him.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I always thought it just caused the enemy to stumble so you could easy get a quick attack in. If it deflects spells i might start using it more, even though rolling is just as easy.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

You know how parrying is compared to rolling? They attack, you respond by rolling away, if you try to parry, you have to be 100% prepared and kinda foresee it. That's what Force is like over rolling away from the spell. You have to be 100% prepared and kinda foresee it, because Force has a very short effective range. Dragon's Roar and Wraith of the Gods are much better for it (WotG is less so, because you're probably just killing them with it anyway).
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 am

ICEFANG wrote:You know how parrying is compared to rolling? They attack, you respond by rolling away, if you try to parry, you have to be 100% prepared and kinda foresee it. That's what Force is like over rolling away from the spell. You have to be 100% prepared and kinda foresee it, because Force has a very short effective range. Dragon's Roar and Wraith of the Gods are much better for it (WotG is less so, because you're probably just killing them with it anyway).

Depends how high your Fth is. More Fth makes the force bubble bigger, and easier to deflect things with
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:07 pm

I heard something like that, and Ring of the Sun Princess makes it bigger too, that's pretty darn cool actually.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Force is a great spell if you make a fat rolling build which won't be able to roll away from magic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:29 pm