Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Ghadis_God
DarkW17
DxV04
Cidek
Rifter7
Zhangbob
ICEFANG
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Gaxe
GrEeNgObLiN
Forum Pirate
swordiris
Phoenix Rising
WyrmHero
Jansports
RANT
isthefridge
22 posters

what do you perfer while in a duel?

Poll

would you rather...

[ 25 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap69%what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [69%] 
    [ 6 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 

Total Votes: 36
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 Empty Re: what do you perfer while in a duel?

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

+1 to you OP wtf why did someone down rep you for the 1st post?

I love beating a 'try hard' with a mask of something DMB/SLB buffed something spamming WOG 100 lvls higher ect with just my +15 uchi...it feels great!

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 Empty Re: what do you perfer while in a duel?

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:26 pm

I like dueling someone a bit better than me, it keeps it interesting and it's the only way you get better. I buff with DMB, but that build is a 50 faith toon so those points have to work for something. what do you perfer while in a duel? - Page 2 3358384175
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 pm

I like challenging foes whenever I duel, because if they are just downright better than me. I can learn from them, and when one learns from someone better...they become even better.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I prefer enemies that challenge me due to their skill rather than gear. I find those far more enjoyable and useful in my progression as a player. Sometimes it is fun to go against the odds, but I leave that to the forest where I'm against three min maxers at once using every dirty trick in the book. If one on one I prefer a very mental battle. However I also love to do silly duels and battles. I'm big into cosplaying when dueling, in fact almost always when I duel I do it in costume using the appropriate weapons and spells. Even if it means I'm fat rolling without a shield using a slow weapon, hell sometimes it provides a great chalenge in playing like that.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm

I've noticed a lot of people tend to wait out buffs, or dislike seeing people buff for fights. This makes me weep, as I can't bring myself to make a build that doesn't employ some casting typically buffs are the only way I can even consider swinging a weapon against most anything.

A few times these past days I've gotten some great burg fights, people unlocked aiming, a great dead angler who would toggle parry. And near the end of a few of these they degenerated into running DB spam BS fishfests. It's quite un-fun to go from what feels like a very psychological battle to the hum drum non-sense of constantly BSing people to stop their humanity spam
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:03 am

For me it depends on what they are buffing exactly. Can they two shot me with a washing pole? I'm probably going to try to wait that out. Are they using a CMW dagger? Dangerous as hell, but fun to fight against. It all depends on the weapon for me.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 am

I almost always try and wait the buff out. I play dragon and defensive (almost always), I can't trade a hit, because if they hit me, I probably can't toggle out before it kills me.

I understand the buffer's perspective though, I mean that is full power, why would you not want to fight at that time? But I can't afford to get hit by it anyway. Personally I want to give them a good game, but the advantage is completely their until the buff wears off, and I can't shake the feeling that I'm not really playing smart to fight them aggressively when they are buffed. I also attack people who try and buff again (but not the first time), because I can't let them do it again, once again, they usually can just spam attacks at me, which will usually hurt me enough to put me in a bad spot, and its very hard to parry if you don't have poise to back you up in case of failure. If I miss it, I will die almost for sure, if there was no lag, I'd parry a lot more, but since there is, it always feels too chancy to me.

I never use greatshields though, just the ability to parry is very important against someone.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:00 am

If my build can buff, its going to given half a chance. Some can't, especially under sl100, but skilled fighting is more than personal combat expertise, its also making good use of available resources.

I don't heal spam, because I'd prefer my fights be settled by something other than the first chainstab, but every other item, spell, and piece of equipment has the potential to win me a fight I would have lost without it. To ignore such resources is incongrous with winning the match, excluding such exclusions for training purposes.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:13 am

Don't really care what they do, I just love to fight. Overwhelming odds and winning would be my favorite fights.
    ImperatorMortis
    ImperatorMortis

Post by ImperatorMortis Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:41 am

I haven't played yet, but when I get it on PC. I don't care who I'd fight against, and how they'd fight.

You can learn a lot from "cheap" tactics.

I voted overpowered though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 am