Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
RANT
reim0027
DoughGuy
Rifter7
billy_bayonet
Viral Enki
bloodpixel
Jansports
kazumoshi
RailBladerX
Frosty1heSnowman
15 posters

Zero poise Fight club in zeropoisezone and Lowerundeadburg! PSN.

reim0027
    reim0027

Zero poise Fight club in zeropoisezone and Lowerundeadburg!  PSN.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zero poise Fight club in zeropoisezone and Lowerundeadburg! PSN.

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Yeah, the more rules, the more confusion. I'd keep it simple. With 0 poise, I think BS should be fair game. Pivot BS will be much harder to pull off, leaving roll BS the way to go. Roll BS are much more fair and take advantage of your opponent's mistakes. My $0.02
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Zero poise Fight club in zeropoisezone and Lowerundeadburg!  PSN.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zero poise Fight club in zeropoisezone and Lowerundeadburg! PSN.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm

0 poise?

one word: falchion.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 pm

One word: parry. Ok, more words - parry the third R1.
    Viral Enki
    Viral Enki
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Viral Enki Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 pm

That's very weird. I was wondering if the falchion would be good at +15. We don't want intentional backstabs. If your opponent blatantly leaves his back open for a long period of time then I suppose that should be fine. But we don't want people trying to capitalize at every chance to backstab. That's just annoying.

Edit: Rolling backstabbers are what we want OUT of this FC.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:34 pm

i replace my third r1 with the kick slash....

oh and wouldn't daggers be rather strong since they can attack ridiculously fast?

heck a two handed spear man would be best for this since you could attack without fear of being hit your self...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Good call on the 3rd R1. And, spears would be overpowered here, especially with no turtling (can't turtle against the spear). But, then, pulling out a bow would help mitigate the spears.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Although i said a long list of "No this" can turn people away, if i were making the rules lol i would say:
    sl60:No Poise,No Hornets,No DWGR,No Elemental Weapons. And maybe not make it a rule, but just put it out there that if you plan on using a caster build that using dusks crown and the spell dmg boost ring is kinda lame.

Noo don't take my Crown it's the best looking helm in the game!

I think zero poise no elemental no dwgr(I hornet?) is a simple *short* list of rules that will cause players to critically examine how they operate at SL60. Perhaps even a "single playthrough" note that 3 stacks of WotG kinda disingenuates the premise of a FC.

@Falchion spam. should you toggle the first hit successfully you WILL trade positively with the resulting parry

@Roll BS. At zero poise there is almost no other recourse for punishing pokes with a spear/estoc. The unusual nature of the step BS and reverse strafe BS (typically that your opponent has little to no time to react to it due to communication time) is what's commonly known as "fishing" Rolling through an attack and punishing it with a BS exists soley to prevent Reach and swing arc from being the only parts of a weapon that matter.
    Frosty1heSnowman
    Frosty1heSnowman

Post by Frosty1heSnowman Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:42 am

Alright, from your guys' posts I can tell you don't like so many restrictions, but this FC isn't for casuals who don't know what they're doing, it's for people who want to challenge themselves in a well-structured PVP environment.

I've taken more of your guys' ideas and worked them in:

I've deciced on no spears to compensate for the lack of rolling backstabs.
    I've allowed sorcery.
    I've allowed all miracles.

Also me and Viral Enki have decided that we don't need to limit this FC to just one area, so we have decided on using Lower undead burg and the zero poise zone(area before centipede demon).

I hope this pleases most people interested. (I'm trying my hardest to accommodate everyone without completely changing what I set out to do.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:19 am