Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Bloodios
Swiftie
6 posters

Greatsword of Artorias

Swiftie
    Swiftie
    Casual
    Casual

Greatsword of Artorias Empty Greatsword of Artorias

Post by Swiftie Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 am

So is it true that this is the "best weapon" in the game stats wise with PW etc.. Also if you ascend it with a flamberge does it also do bleeding damage? Tell me as much on this weapon as you can happy
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Greatsword of Artorias Empty Re: Greatsword of Artorias

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 am

Nah, it just giant mass of rusts with a horrible move set with poor reach that weighs you down. I found that out the hard way and wasted ten Demon titanite for nothing. Also, no, it doesn't matter what you used to ascend it, the end the result does not deal any blood damage (not to my knowledge anyway.)
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

No it won't get bleed. I would argue its the worst weapon in the game to be honest, other than some obvious others (broken sword, sword hilt). But for the stats, the damage is never the best, its split all the time and it sucks. I think the cursed version will always be better after NG++ and against players overall.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Avoid the Greatsword of Artorias like the plague, unless you're going for a level 300 build or something.

For 120 builds there's always something better. Want a Greatsword that deals fantastic physical damage, use the Claymore. Want a Greatsword that deals fantastic magical damage, use the Moonlight Greatsword.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Even at level 612, that sword is terrible turds, I would never recommend its usage to anyone.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 pm

gsoa is good for pve, the cursed version is better but youre better off going with the msgs since you can buff it. and the flameberge keeps the bleed damage no matter what path you take it.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Might as well be hardcore and go with the DGM while you're at it. Sure, it's heavy and slow, but once you buffed it and actually got a hit in... it's devastating.

RantFromRant wrote:...and the flameberge keeps the bleed damage no matter what path you take it.
    But not the "path" where it becomes the ****** ****sword of Artorias, though, right?
    Swiftie
    Swiftie
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Swiftie Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Alirght thanks for the input. I just saw a vid of a dude hitting 8k+ but it was the situation he put the sword in.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Swiftie wrote:So is it true that this is the "best weapon" in the game stats wise with PW etc.. Also if you ascend it with a flamberge does it also do bleeding damage? Tell me as much on this weapon as you can happy

Lets me put it to you easy its not as good as people say.

it suffers from the same thing elementals do aka -split damage

the secondary R2 attack is really bad because of the weight time that leaves you open

and for stat requirements its a pit of sorrow that you dont get what the points are worth.

I have a lvl 626 (max stats) that I use and he has the the Grt Swrd of Aortis and it does 722dmg then i have a claymore +15 that does 571dmg and the claymore does more dmg when attacking because it does only physical dmg which means it doesnt need to go through two types of defence's aka split dmg.
    Swiftie
    Swiftie
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Swiftie Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:34 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    Swiftie wrote:So is it true that this is the "best weapon" in the game stats wise with PW etc.. Also if you ascend it with a flamberge does it also do bleeding damage? Tell me as much on this weapon as you can happy

the secondary R2 attack is really bad because of the weight time that leaves you open

and for stat requirements its a pit of sorrow that you dont get what the points are worth.

I have a lvl 626 (max stats) that I use and he has the the Grt Swrd of Aortis and it does 722dmg then i have a claymore +15 that does 571dmg and the claymore does more dmg when attacking because it does only physical dmg which means it doesnt need to go through two types of defence's aka split dmg.

Ah well explained. Thanks!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:13 am

Swiftie wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:

Ah well explained. Thanks!

Also weapons with status effects dont carry over those effects when asended to boss weapons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:55 am