Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rifter7
Myztyrio
6 posters

My dex build options

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My dex build options Empty My dex build options

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:32 am

My build is currently building dex, vit, and end. No points into int just yet. Att still at base and str at 14, not 16, so those are up for consideration.

Either...

This: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4359999853017888

EDIT: Switched RH2 to Sorcerer's catalyst & LH2 to Lightning Longbow

I could also sub in chaos blade for the uchi when not using CMW.
    Should I lower int to 25 and put into vitality instead?
    Or go in the complete opposite direction and lower to 14 att, and lower vit for more int.
    Am I in the right for using mask of mother for the added hp rather than a little more phys def?
    Also considering TBC and TCC in place of the sorcerer's catalyst.

The other option is to go pure dex..

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4006236916507828

Added pyromancies in place of the int. Can use murakumo because of extra unused points going to strength.

The MoM helps with the suicide aspect of chaos blade

Any help is appreciated. Please and thank you happy

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

My dex build options Empty Re: My dex build options

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 am

you've spread your build to much. it's hard to work with.

here consider this. http://tinyurl.com/9tmwk2v

or you can drop chameleon and put one point into vit, endurance or int. pick 2 of three, i'd suggest endurance be one every time tho.

chameleons pretty handy tho.

edit: oh ffs i forgot. put logans catalyst on there, i didnt swap your catalyst out.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:23 am

Wouldn't you think more points should go into endurance rather than a bit more dex or int buff? :x

Plus I like capping at 120, 125 would feel strange for some reason.

Why the 44 int and 45 dex? The difference between 40 and 45 dex is only a couple extra attack value, and without 16 strength there are some good mid-weight weapons to miss out on.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 am

Myztyrio wrote:Wouldn't you think more points should go into endurance rather than a bit more dex or int buff? :x

Plus I like capping at 120, 125 would feel strange for some reason.

Why the 44 int and 45 dex? The difference between 40 and 45 dex is only a couple extra attack value, and without 16 strength there are some good mid-weight weapons to miss out on.

okay.

you have less endurance because you're using a weapon which you'll largely only ever press r1, and roll. you have a grass crest shield with no giants armor on, you'll be fine with 160.

125 because you'll still get invaded by and invade other 120s. much lower too. you also need those extra points, plain and simple.

44 int is for the highest reasonable buff on your logans catalyst so your magic buff and magic spells will hit hard.

45 dex allows you to a. do a lot of damage with your uchi b. cast all of your spells as fast as possible. all of your spells aside from the weapon buff are effected by dex for cast speed and c. do more damage with a bow, which i added. they're awesome, and a decent choice for a replacement to a spear.

do you want to use heavy weapons, or do you want to be a mobile caster? you can't have both unless you want to sacrifice a lot.

if being 125 is an issue, remove 5 points from dex and accept the fact that you'll cast your offensive magic slower. also.. if you want to do more stuff, consider bumping up to the next level cap for pvp.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Right now im feeling pure dex. Put all extra points into str for more weapon choice, vit for more hp, and att for more pyromacy fun. The only clear advantage i see in the int aspect(and it wud require a lot of points) is CMW. Which would simply narrow my weapon choice. I feel a straight dex will be more effective and in the longrun, more fun
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 pm

New build:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4006236916507828
    [code]

Suggestions?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Composite bow should be either chaos or regular. As far as i know, bows deal elemental damage only if the arrows deal the same type of elemental damage. For example, fire arrows with chaos bow, large arrows with regular.

Your murakumo should be regular +15. With 40 dex and 28 str, it will deal much more damage than chaos murakumo. Mugenmonkey might say that chaos has bigger AR but trust me on this, regular will be better.

Try to get at least 53 poise so you can tank a two handed great sword hit. You can see the important poise values here: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Poise

But anyway, that's a basic dex build. Tons of health, plenty of poise, fast, decent damage. Effective and relatively easy to use. Extremely common though, so you might feel like looking at a mirror sometimes winking
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 pm

FinPeku wrote:Composite bow should be either chaos or regular. As far as i know, bows deal elemental damage only if the arrows deal the same type of elemental damage. For example, fire arrows with chaos bow, large arrows with regular.

Your murakumo should be regular +15. With 40 dex and 28 str, it will deal much more damage than chaos murakumo. Mugenmonkey might say that chaos has bigger AR but trust me on this, regular will be better.

Try to get at least 53 poise so you can tank a two handed great sword hit. You can see the important poise values here: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Poise

But anyway, that's a basic dex build. Tons of health, plenty of poise, fast, decent damage. Effective and relatively easy to use. Extremely common though, so you might feel like looking at a mirror sometimes winking

Ill take your advice on the 53 poise, but do you really think the 28 str is worth it just for the murakumo? I could be putting those points into vit, att instead
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:18 pm

one handed mura is best, this is my warrior build http://tinyurl.com/8mlrvoc if you put the dwgr you can wear whatever you want and i think the mom is overkill but thats just me.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Well, it's your choice really. If you don't like slower weapons like mura, then don't use it. But it does give you the ability to stunlock, dead angle and do better backstab/riposte damage. Slower weapons take some time to get used to, but they're extremely dangerous in good hands.

You already have over 2k hp, so you should not need anymore vitality.. If you like to use pyro, then yeah, you could put some points to att. Maybe change great fireball to the chaos fireball.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Im definitely used to slow weapons. My first build that i actually continued with was str/fth, but id like a taste of quicker weapons
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 am

Should I go with this one?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1943281712996616

Or is the magic aspect a plus over the pyro/added dex and vit aspect?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:31 am

Or should i put points into strength for murakumo/dragonslayer greatbow?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:59 am

murakumo is best with a 40/40 build.

if you want that weapon, you should cut out all the other junk and pump it up to beast mode.

http://tinyurl.com/c9dtxwz

buff it with a resin.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:14 am

Rifter7 wrote:murakumo is best with a 40/40 build.
    The difference in AR is only 11 so there is no need to boost strength to make murakumo a beast.

Myztyrio wrote:Or should i put points into strength for murakumo/dragonslayer greatbow?
    In my opinion, you should. But like i said, if you're not interested in using murakumo, then keep your str at 16. You can still have some variety by using Great Scythe or balder side sword etc.

Dex/Int would be even more deadly with CMW, but you'd have to sacrifice something in order to stay at SL 120.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:15 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    The difference in AR is only 11 so there is no need to boost strength to make murakumo a beast.

Myztyrio wrote:Or should i put points into strength for murakumo/dragonslayer greatbow?
    In my opinion, you should. But like i said, if you're not interested in using murakumo, then keep your str at 16. You can still have some variety by using Great Scythe or balder side sword etc.

Dex/Int would be even more deadly with CMW, but you'd have to sacrifice something in order to stay at SL 120.

This is how I felt the situation was.
    I'm not really willing to go past 120 for the 40 strenth, and it'd be a scrape to take away some end/vit for the int.
    Which is more worth it? And how much str or int would you say is necessary to be particularly effective? :o
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 pm

If you wish to go pure dex then a great choice is that chaos blade. Add some pyro into the build and you have an extremely dangerous combo. One issue with the build is you will get called a "peeve copycat" which i didn't understand untill i asked why somebody called me that and he told me my build was similar to his :evil:. Cant make any builds without being a "copycat" these days :/
    http://tinyurl.com/9kms7rw
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 pm

It sucks because you use the DWGR
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Myztyrio wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:

This is how I felt the situation was.
    I'm not really willing to go past 120 for the 40 strenth, and it'd be a scrape to take away some end/vit for the int.
    Which is more worth it? And how much str or int would you say is necessary to be particularly effective? :o

for that 40/40? i just bumped it up there incase you wanted to swap out to another weapon later.

i like getting a lot of damage out of it, but yeah you could go 35. whatever you feel is right i guess.

if you wanted, you could drop murakumo to its base strength requirement and use something like a balder side sword and 45 dex with some pyros. the bss will like the strength bonus.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Okay I think I've settled on this as it seems to give me a nice amount of variety.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2015445061466680

Is that alright?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:08 am