Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
JY4answer
strangejoy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Alistairetheblu
Scudman_Slayer
Toastfacekillah
Serious_Much
reim0027
Glutebrah
RANT
Midgar
Blazefury
16 posters

Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Is there a worse place than the Kiln? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 pm

lol, i think its more flaming that will get this thread locked, midgar has kinda been objected to by almost everyone commenting on the thread.. XD
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is there a worse place than the Kiln? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there a worse place than the Kiln?

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 am

I think his reputation count speaks for itself lol
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:09 am

Lmao, I've got warning by expressing my feelings on it. It's not a Japanese only thing tho, there's morons everywhere. They seem to know each other aswell as their ganking is very coordinated. One each side of the cliff and one waiting behind you. Guy behind casts TWoP, another casts HCSM and there you go. Just had that experience today, almost broke my controller.

Midgar is just another one of those cowards that inhabit the Kiln, the most despicable place for PVP in Dark Souls hands down.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:20 am

where do i go now then? i want to test out my new heretic build (server, miracles evil ish armor etc) also my silver knight cosplay character would appreciate some duels, where do i go? that is the problem, we hate the kiln but wheres a better alternative for the 120 lvl range?
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:28 am

Yeah, maybe the fight club but we're going to get less action. I get invaded quite frequently at Dark Anor Londo. As a host, I dont have to be bothered with farming and stuff. Got some good duels there, apart from some suspicious behavior by the Darkmoons, which is usual stuff. The problem there is locking on.

Your character will lock on but when the opponent keeps distance, you'll just turn your back to him, and then we all know what happens. But anyway, I'm not invading at the Kiln again, never again. I'm happy as a Forest invader, thank you.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:31 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:where do i go now then? i want to test out my new heretic build (server, miracles evil ish armor etc) also my silver knight cosplay character would appreciate some duels, where do i go? that is the problem, we hate the kiln but wheres a better alternative for the 120 lvl range?

painted world, you get a lot of legit pvp'ers there, go to the arena and theres a lot of red signs.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:40 am

Yep - Painted World tower is where its at. I'm SL120 and theres loads of action. I counted 6 or 7 red signs on the floor often- I've had some awesome fights there recently, the best of which lasted nearly 25 mins with each us closely matched, chipping away (no bs, spam, whatever) until the we both down to our last 100 hp. I lost but it was great fun. I was getting invaded during duels and I would wait on the platform and let the two reds fight it out below, give the winner humanity, heal up and get stuck in. You still got the odd ******* (like the guy who fought and beat the red phantom I was duelling and then proceeded to hit me with CSS while I was dropping his prize, then took it as I lay dying, lol), but on the whole its been great. I never bother with the kiln anymore, its a waste of time.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 am

I'll at least give Midgar credit for admitting that he's a camper and a "noob." I've invaded someone on this board who was also engaging in a little 2v1. The first time we fought, he and his phantom caught me between them, resulting in my death by backstabs. The second time we fought, I first killed his phantom, and then I pivot stabbed him to death. twisted
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:02 am

Kiln still seems alright to me. Invaded for a few times today but never ran into farmers. White signs are still everywhere though, so I guess I'm just lucky. But I'm sure its not that bad.
    DeputyDwarf

Post by DeputyDwarf Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 am

Yeah, but don't you LOVE invading and winning against 3 people? I mean its rare, but damn its good.

I don't usually mind too much though against stuff like that when I'm invading, the way i see it is, I'm there for their life, anything is fair game. Its when people pretend to play fair (bowing and stuff like that) then use cheap tactics. Thats the bummer.

Oh that and horrible, horrible lag. About which the worse thing is that its never really anyone's fault in particular, i have no idea how many I've won through a bit of lag on my side.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 am

I enjoy Kiln PvP actually, usually it's pretty good. Unlike Forest Hunter PvP. Over Fifty fights in a row of 3v1 against me. I've pretty much been forced to resort to the Hornet Ring to Backstab the host to even win anymore, because otherwise I just can't kill people geared for NG++ with a level 45 Forest Hunter in Shadow Garbs with a Rapier.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 am

For me it's the exact opposite. In 3 hours of play yesterday, I've faced more people alone in the Forest than in the Kiln. Even if I'm up against two guys, like I said, I've got more to work with.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

So is that luck or just the quality of the people in different time zones?
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am

Quality of people in different time zones, IMHO. A lil' bit of luck too, but more the first than the latter.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 am

Christ I just read this whole thread, Midgar hahahahaha wow!

Practice in gang bangs, carebears? hahaha

There is a difference between expressing opinions and crying about something,
    I think the carebear label would apply more to the gangbangers than to the real
    pvp player, carebears act as a group always and gangbangers are useless when
    alone, you stay in the back healing your buddies "mommy and daddy" or "mommy"
    or "daddy" winning your battles for you, I think gang bangers if we did a study would
    probably be all spoiled brats by their parents.

And let's all stop using the THAT'S THE GAME CARD or whatever, we all know that
    is the game it is obvious, doesn't mean that some of the stuff in it will not coflict
    with people's morals.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:58 am

Yesuurd, I would die of laughter if I saw a host in the back with a mask of the child, with two sunbro Phantoms decked out wearing a father and mother mask. Then I would die in game from the rapage.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Tolvo wrote:Yesuurd, I would die of laughter if I saw a host in the back with a mask of the child, with two sunbro Phantoms decked out wearing a father and mother mask. Then I would die in game from the rapage.

Hahahahahaa, I would too that's a great observation!

We are the badasses who deal with these gangbangers against odds again and again.

Yesterday this guy killed me and messaged me "I wanna show you something"

I said "what? the secret tome of gangbang play? no thanks"

He said, "no, you can escape the ganging and get to the basin"

I said "ahh great thanks, but I am actually here for the gangs so please keep that up for me"
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Yesuurd wrote:

Hahahahahaa, I would too that's a great observation!

We are the badasses who deal with these gangbangers against odds again and again.

Yesterday this guy killed me and messaged me "I wanna show you something"

I said "what? the secret tome of gangbang play? no thanks"

He said, "no, you can escape the ganging and get to the basin"

I said "ahh great thanks, but I am actually here for the gangs so please keep that up for me"

Usually I run from them, but every now and then I do give it a try and go for a stab on the host. The best is if I happen to have some form of Force and all three of them get near a ledge. Some easy souls. Which, I think is a pretty cheap way to kill people. But if they're willing to 3v1 me, I'm willing to toss my morals aside a bit haha.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

:shock:

been out for a day and this thread already gets a new page!

i have no problem with gangbanging really mostly because im high lvl i can survive one or two hits

and with my greatsword of artorias (leave me alone ok it reminds me of the blueblood sword from demon souls thats the only reason i use it)

and with my force miracle i can keep them back while taking down one at a time

i got a few wins but also got a few unfair lagstabs on me and that resulted in chain backstabs which i can't get out off due to lag delay

i really love when the host is laughing and doing the "look skyward" gesture to taunt me,that results in him and his phantons dying and me doing the "point down" gesture just to rub on his face twisted
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:54 pm

I kick the host's corpse while it's fading away. I find it's more demoralizing.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I do nothing, I stand there looking at the one phantom that is left up in his face or do nothing like I really don't even want to take time to interact one more second with them....let themselves be subjected to their own humiliation.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 pm

I always do look down or facepalm after winning against a 2v1 or 3v1. The only exception is when I'm able to quickly backstab a phantom before the host's body fades away.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

the forest is ripe today, it's like a conference of gangbangers....we probably didn't get the flyer
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Yesuurd wrote:the forest is ripe today, it's like a conference of gangbangers....we probably didn't get the flyer

It's always pretty ripe. 8). I had a great time late last night, although things started getting laggy as people in my time zone started logging out. If you want a slight change but like that sweet forest vibe, try darkwraithing in the forest. I've had a blast doing this. The main advantage is that you can force your fellow phantoms not to engage in 2v1. If another phantom tries to jump in on your 1v1 action, just kill 'em!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:17 pm

The Burg is really hopping right now at 120. Very few jumpers, and some great hosts. For example, I was a red in a host's world. He would drop something for every win I obtained. Blue chunks, white chunks, humanity, dark hand, etc.

You can invade (darkwraith, darkmoon), drop a red or white, or even host there (if you haven't beaten the Taurus Demon). Drop your soapstones near the crossbow soldier, next to the first save.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:39 pm