Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
OrnsteinBro
Seignar
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
SATLOS
RANT
swordiris
Juutas
lordgodofhell
omega Elf
WyrmHero
Ghadis_God
Heroez Blade
Forum Pirate
Garl_Vinland
Slarg232
21 posters

Is healing mid fight really all that bad?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Is healing mid fight really all that bad? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is healing mid fight really all that bad?

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Take it not as blocking damage. A shiled has a block percentage. Think of it more like resistance.
    Gingimaru

Is healing mid fight really all that bad? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is healing mid fight really all that bad?

Post by Gingimaru Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 pm

well ok yeah i can see it as resistance.... but how is it worked out? so i have over 400pys def. what does that actually mean then? does that mean that if i took a hit from someone wielding the uchigatana at 180 damage and they have an attack rating of 300 will i take does this mean i will block 75% of the damage? seeing as 300 is 75% of 400?

i can understand that me wielding a weapon that says it does 500 damage wouldnt do 500 damage as the person i am attacking may be wearing armor. but it still doesnt make sense when i see someone wearing (for example) havels armor, which i know the ratings for, and i hit them with my +5 chaos fire great sword with 10 humanity and it does less than 100 damage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Don't forget, they might have 99 humanity.
    Gingimaru

Post by Gingimaru Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:35 pm

and having 99 humanity means?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Every active humanity adds defense.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 pm

We don't know the math for how its worked out. The damage in final fantasys 13, 7 and 3, off the top of my head, attack does not equal damage. Its a formula.

Dragon age is a western RPG, western rpg. Dark souls is a japanese "rpg". Generally very differet things.I've actual yet to play a japanese game with and rpg leveling system that does damage like dragon age or skyrim.

EDIT: and both skyrims and dragon ages defenses are still formula based, so you're not actually doing damage with the attack-defense = damage idea.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:58 am

replenishment or any healing spell is fine.

from didn't want phantoms healing aside from humanity, a slow use farmable item.
    from wanted divine blessings to be rare, which they're not so abusing them goes against the developers plan.

so.. from wanted hosts presumably healing while questing and being invaded. that's why there's lloyds talis.

when it comez to dark souls dueling, healing is largely frowned upon due to froms game design where in demons souls it was encouraged.

if you want to play by the game mechanics and heal, estus and humaniy. if someone bows, treat it as no healing.. generally.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 am

Defence blocks more damage against lower Ars than hihger ones. Well thats not correct. It blocks a greater percentage of lower ARs damage than higher AR. Its difficult, and seems to be based on the log function, but we dont know the exact specifications.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:53 am

Thats not what I said, I said it seems to block a lower percentage as AR increases.

This would still result in more damage blocked, but the percentage of the weapons potential damage that is being blocked would be lower.

As defense has diminishing returns where AR doesn't, it should hold true unless I'm really missing something
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:58 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Thats not what I said, I said it seems to block a lower percentage as AR increases.

This would still result in more damage blocked, but the percentage of the weapons potential damage that is being blocked would be lower.

As defense has diminishing returns where AR doesn't, it should hold true unless I'm really missing something
    That is what I said Is healing mid fight really all that bad? - Page 3 2707236321
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am

Oh, my bad. I thought you were correcting me, not explaining yourself. :oops:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:11 am