Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost?

eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost? Empty Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost?

Post by eneq Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey, first time poster and registered just to ask about a discrepancy I have seen that I cant find any reference for on the web.

I was farming Darkwraiths (Avarice+Soul boost ring) and was changing it up between some weapons for backstab scenarios.

I then realised I got more souls using the Gargoyle Halberd than my other weapons which was a bit weird (only happens if I kill it with a backstab). Swapping out all the other boost gear it was clear that this is something thats clearly caused by the halberd and only in backstab kills.

Anyone seen anything like this for other weapons or is this unique for the Gargoyle Halberd?

/Q (psn: eneqvist)
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost? Empty Re: Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost?

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm going to guess that you're doing more backstab damage with your halberd weapon than with other weapons you've tried. When you "overkill" an enemy (do much more damage than necessary) you get a boost in souls. I believe the boost is 20%, but I'm not sure.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost? Empty Re: Gargoyle Halberd, soul gather boost?

Post by eneq Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Hmm, need to verify that. It feels as if I am just on the limit of killing them tho so not sure how much is considered an overkill scenario.

/Q
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Im with strangejoy on this. "overkill" needs to be abit more damage than is needed to kill the target. But if you kill with critical hit(bs, parry, counter attack) you can get the bonus easyer, ie 1 hit kill from a bs might just kill the target but gets the overkill bonus from being a 1 hit critical kill.

Ps. Just kill 1 with normal attacks and see if you get the bonus

Last edited by Maneater_Mildred on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:47 pm

I've heard it's their total HP + 50% of it. For example: said enemy has 500 HP. So if you deal 750 damage, it's a overkill. Then you get 20% more souls for the kill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am