Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
TheSorrowedMan
DarkW17
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
WyrmHero
RandelOolacile
dianaduh
10 posters

Dual dark hand

dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dual dark hand Empty Dual dark hand

Post by dianaduh Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 am

i've been invading at burg full dark set and dual dark hand just to pratice parry and learn people's playstyles.
    it's actually funny how you notice some people don't know what they're doing, i don't know if it's because they get surprised and scared when seeing someone wielding 2 dark hands "wtf is this guy doing?".
    but yea you see lots of turtles, fishers and desperate people. i'd recommend doing this so you can learn how to deal with every kind of build and playstyle
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dual dark hand Empty Re: Dual dark hand

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 am

Its so weird, I was literally just thinking about doing this! big grin
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 am

Awesome bounce
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 am

How successful are you with the Dark Hands?

I love them as a shield, and I do like them as a weapon though I've never used them for serious PvP because it cannot be upgraded, has 200 base damage with no scaling.

It's really just a Drake Sword that can suck Humanity but lacks the reach of the Drake Sword. It seems too weak for me, how have they been treating you?
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:15 am

i've managed to parry successfully multiple times.
    some people don't understand and get agressive, spam great combustion...some even try to do the same as you
    doing this i've been more able to pay attetion to people's moves and find when to parry.
    my damage hit is around 30, so i usually do random hits to trick people or try kicking to avoid parries.
    also, i do equip the hornet ring in this case to make the fight a bit "fair", otherwise i'd be dying quickly
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:37 am

Lol I have been rocking dual dark hands on my 1 of my darkwraiths for a long time...he wears kirks helm havel gaunts/legs no chest plate...oh wait that's him in my avatar!!

I am mostly invading them to mess around as I don't like griefing questers...unless I am doing a 24hr Darkstalker mass invasion event...I use the hornets also and it will parry about 600 dmg and BS 400 give or take!

Also I feel the dark hand is the best parry tool in the game...it is still a shield if needed and has a huge parry window with a super fast parry...I use it on every build I have lol!!

Lastly ever use the dark hand with the fog ring? I makes the block animation complete dissapear and makes a wierd sound...its pretty funny!!
    TheSorrowedMan
    TheSorrowedMan

Post by TheSorrowedMan Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:50 am

Whats a good strategy to use the Dark Hand to steal humanity during a fight? Just parry and then R2 or is that not enough time?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:54 am

God I hate the dark hand. Way too tempting to spam r1 and break their stability.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:52 am

tempting to spam, then they parry it I feel sheepish. Dark hand is a big trick, though I do like that it has the best weight to block value
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 am

when i see some one with goofy weapon setups i am usually more cautious because i assume they are just amazing players and are going to parry the shiz out of me.

DarkW17 wrote:
    Also I feel the dark hand is the best parry tool in the game...it is still a shield if needed and has a huge parry window with a super fast parry...I use it on every build I have lol!!

will have to try dark hand... is this why Mossad/Rant always using dark hand for parries and destroys me
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 am

Did you know that if you have the shield up and are poking with a spear or rapier behind it, the shield will disappear but you'll still be blocking? I've gotten free hits like that where people have tried to counter me.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Did you know that if you have the shield up and are poking with a spear or rapier behind it, the shield will disappear but you'll still be blocking? I've gotten free hits like that where people have tried to counter me.

Yes, when I first saw my shield disappear as I poked behind I became worried that it wouldn't block. To my (pleasant) surprise it seemed to block attacks fine.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:38 pm

TheSorrowedMan wrote:Whats a good strategy to use the Dark Hand to steal humanity during a fight? Just parry and then R2 or is that not enough time?

i haven't tried to steal humanity during the fight cause it wasn't my point, but i can try now

DoughGuy wrote:God I hate the dark hand. Way too tempting to spam r1 and break their stability.

i can't spam r1 cause even though i break their stability i'll be taking 30-40 of their hp
    only if i'd go for a backstab, but meh, backstabs aren't fun and i suffer enough with my laggy connection
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:42 pm

TheSorrowedMan wrote:Whats a good strategy to use the Dark Hand to steal humanity during a fight? Just parry and then R2 or is that not enough time?

Well one is to kick then try to daark hand grab...the other is to parry and dark hand grab...there will be enough time if you do it right away!

My fav when vading is to parry then gesture then parry and kill!!
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:33 pm

now i have 2 dark hands on the right hand to try toggle escape parry without being an *** with a hornet riposte
    but damn i suck at this

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 am