Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant.

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant. Empty Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant.

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 am

Now I'm quite sure many of you just switch covenants as they please, but as a dragon, I don't want to farm for 100 scales every time I switch, so I did some testing and found, it is completely possible to save Soliare without being in the Chaos Covenant.

After Anor Londo, warp to, but do not rest, at the Sunlight Alter, when you see him there, aggro him, and Homeward Bone back to the bonfire you warped from, avoid this area now.

Go to Lost Izalith, and complete it, or mostly complete it, if you didn't know, you can open the shortcut into Lost Izalith, even if you're not a Chaos Servant, if you open it outwards (from the titanite Demon).

Once its open, go the Oswald and remove your sin, this will free Solaire from his desire to kill you, warp to outside Lost Izalith, kill all the bugs (I skipped the 9th one, until this time, just in case), and I walked through Izalith, and came back to check on him, but I suppose you may be able to quit and reload and he'd be there.

Hope his Jolly Co-operation can be helpful now!

I did try this with Reah, I killed Petrus and resolved my sin, twice! She and her servants do not forgive you.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant. Empty Re: Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant.

Post by RNsunbro Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:47 am

You can also use white dragon breath against the door. I've done that numerous times and it works.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant. Empty Re: Saving Solaire without the Chaos Covenant.

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 am

To do what? It opens or you kill the bugs?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:51 am

You can use it to kill the bugs. It won't open the door but if you use it against pretty much all areas across the door, you'll hit the bug with the sunlight maggot eventually.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:53 am

I thought you had to kill all 9, and you can't be sure you killed the one you need to, unless you kill all 5 on that side and hear them die.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:55 am

It's always worked for me and I can tell how many I killed by how many souls I gained from them.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:09 pm

You'd see your souls go up by the appropriate amount using that to tell if you killed them all.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 pm

This is fancy and awesome.

+1
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 pm

You can also simply not talk to him at anort londo. His story wont progress and he'll sit there until you talk to him. SO you go do Izalith, kill the bug and then come back and talk to him in anor londo. His story progresses and he'll be saved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 pm