Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Tolvo
Federally
bloodpixel
Shkar
ICEFANG
Lancelot
RNsunbro
callipygias
DoughGuy
JoshLukeXx
14 posters

Question about duped Divine Blessings

Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about duped Divine Blessings - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about duped Divine Blessings

Post by Lancelot Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 am

That sounds like every invader I meet that ends up with low hp while mine is still high. 🇳🇴
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Question about duped Divine Blessings - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about duped Divine Blessings

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:
    RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:
    Federally wrote:Using DB's acquired through unfair means, glitches, mules, etc, is cheating. It is cheating in the same way using the dragon head glitch is cheating. You broke the game to give yourself an unfair advantage. The supply of DB's is so small because they are incredibly powerful items, this is why if earned legitimately it would take some odd 20+ playthroughs to compile a full stack of 99.

I will restate, using DB's not acquired through normal means makes you a glitcher no matter what the situation. Yes this even includes 3v1, three people cannot simultaneously invade your world under normal circumstances. Which means if you are facing 3 opponents YOU CHOSE TOO. So I don't wanna hear about how being out numbered is unfair, when you put the FH ring on, darkened Anor Londo, or used an invasion item you are accepting the possibility that you may get gang banged. So either man up and learn to fight against a group or stop putting yourself in those situations. Either way don't start cheating and trying to justify it yourself or us when your opponent and his two phantoms are operating completely within the rules of the game.

on bold: Not really. More like, "You took the risk of invading with the Red Eye Orb, when you could have used the Red Sign Soapstone which gave a better chance of a 1v1 fight."

I've been summoned using the Red Soup Stone and upon entering the players world. I'm TWoP then backstabbed or either Wrath Spammed.

And yes I dislike glitches a whole lot as well. Just, to myself. I find no problem with unlimited Divine Blessings. It adds a little more edge to PvP.

But, I know to some people, someone who use Divine Blessings in any PvP match; are automatically added to there list of "hated despised players".

In my opinion Divine Blessings are fine with me.

Just wondering but do you use them yourself?

Are you readying your list of "hated despised players"? lol

Haha, no but he seems so supportive of them that I was curious if he uses them himself or how often he has PVP matches where the opponent uses them.

I would say 4 out of every 10 people that invade me use Divine Blessings. Some days no one I encounter use them. They either run away, go down that ladder near the cliff and heal, go hide with NPC's I haven't killed, or backstab me and heal.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:06 am

Lancelot wrote:That sounds like every invader I meet that ends up with low hp while mine is still high. 🇳🇴

I'm not catching what you're saying. lol
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:06 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:
    Federally wrote:Using DB's acquired through unfair means, glitches, mules, etc, is cheating. It is cheating in the same way using the dragon head glitch is cheating. You broke the game to give yourself an unfair advantage. The supply of DB's is so small because they are incredibly powerful items, this is why if earned legitimately it would take some odd 20+ playthroughs to compile a full stack of 99.

I will restate, using DB's not acquired through normal means makes you a glitcher no matter what the situation. Yes this even includes 3v1, three people cannot simultaneously invade your world under normal circumstances. Which means if you are facing 3 opponents YOU CHOSE TOO. So I don't wanna hear about how being out numbered is unfair, when you put the FH ring on, darkened Anor Londo, or used an invasion item you are accepting the possibility that you may get gang banged. So either man up and learn to fight against a group or stop putting yourself in those situations. Either way don't start cheating and trying to justify it yourself or us when your opponent and his two phantoms are operating completely within the rules of the game.

on bold: Not really. More like, "You took the risk of invading with the Red Eye Orb, when you could have used the Red Sign Soapstone which gave a better chance of a 1v1 fight."

I've been summoned using the Red Soup Stone and upon entering the players world. I'm TWoP then backstabbed or either Wrath Spammed.

And yes I dislike glitches a whole lot as well. Just, to myself. I find no problem with unlimited Divine Blessings. It adds a little more edge to PvP.

But, I know to some people, someone who use Divine Blessings in any PvP match; are automatically added to there list of "hated despised players".

Disliking glitchers and then supporting the use of glitched DBs in PvP doesn't add up. If you indeed use DBs obtained through a glitch you are akin to a dragon head firebomb spammer.

Now if you're okay with that, that's fine. I'm just not gonna sit here and watch you justify the use of your favorite glitch and say you dislike the users of the glitches you don't use.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:08 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:That sounds like every invader I meet that ends up with low hp while mine is still high. 🇳🇴

Most invaders I get that actually do fight honorably, all while getting them near death while I'm still high on HP, usually tend to rage and spam WotG or heal.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 am

Haha, true statement.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:15 am

Lancelot wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Most invaders I get that actually do fight honorably, all while getting them near death while I'm still high on HP, usually tend to rage and spam WotG or heal.

I'm not saying I'm that "invader". I know when other players kill me in a fair duel using a handset of good skill. I mean when those certain players, who somehow manage to backstab me in an non explainable way, then while I'm getting up they backstab me while I try to get away from that chain. I usually rage at those people. Especially when they taunt me and then message me via PSN saying "you suck" or "noob" etc.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:18 am

Called a fisher, and it's fine to rage at them. I used to backstab fish a while ago until I found that honorable duels were more fun, so I've become rather good at countering them. tbh
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:19 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

I'm not saying I'm that "invader". I know when other players kill me in a fair duel using a handset of good skill. I mean when those certain players, who somehow manage to backstab me in an non explainable way, then while I'm getting up they backstab me while I try to get away from that chain. I usually rage at those people. Especially when they taunt me and then message me via PSN saying "you suck" or "noob" etc.

That's Dark Souls PVP for ya.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

That's Dark Souls PVP for ya.

You don't have to explain that to me. lol
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:24 am

Federally wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:

Disliking glitchers and then supporting the use of glitched DBs in PvP doesn't add up. If you indeed use DBs obtained through a glitch you are akin to a dragon head firebomb spammer.

Now if you're okay with that, that's fine. I'm just not gonna sit here and watch you justify the use of your favorite glitch and say you dislike the users of the glitches you don't use.

Who said I'm justifying that? I just said I'm fine with DB being used. And that I dislike glitchers. And what I mean by "glitchers" are the chain backstabers, drago bow backstabers, and such.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:

Who said I'm justifying that? I just said I'm fine with DB being used. And that I dislike glitchers. And what I mean by "glitchers" are the chain backstabers, drago bow backstabers, and such.

I would get why people would be annoyed by it, but how on earth is chainstabbing a "glitch"?
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:28 am

Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

I would get why people would be annoyed by it, but how on earth is chainstabbing a "glitch"?

Hmm let's see. You're fighting someone, they backstab you, you get up and try to roll away, backstabbed again, you get up and try to away again, you get backstabbed. Now depending on your HP you'll either be dead or close to it. I've been triple backstabbed in a row by the same invader everytime he invaded me. I don't know how you don't find that a glitch of some sorts?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:31 am

It's not a glitch. It's a symptom of lag + wonky BS mechanics. While its rude, it isn't a glitch.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:32 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Hmm let's see. You're fighting someone, they backstab you, you get up and try to roll away, backstabbed again, you get up and try to away again, you get backstabbed. Now depending on your HP you'll either be dead or close to it. I've been triple backstabbed in a row by the same invader everytime he invaded me. I don't know how you don't find that a glitch of some sorts?

It's a tactic, but not a glitch.

Actually, what ^ he said.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:33 am

Also chain stabbing can be defeated. Don't touch anything when you stand up.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:34 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

It is certainly an abuse of lag, but it can be countered with little difficulty. You can try rolling in different directions to thrown them off, you can try parrying the attack when you stand (I wouldn't advise this one), or you can straight up do nothing. It's not like you are abusing some slight error in coding that lets you glitch animations to avoid stun-locks or spam the dragon roar.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:34 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

No one should even consider that a tactic. With chain backstabbing, You might as well have your controller in your lap, hands by your side, while watching invaders backstab you numerous times just for the heck off it.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 am

Federally wrote:Also chain stabbing can be defeated. Don't touch anything when you stand up.

I know how to counter that, but sometimes it's utterly useless to counter.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:37 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

No one should even consider that a tactic. With chain backstabbing, You might as well have your controller in your lap, hands by your side, while watching invaders backstab you numerous times just for the heck off it.

Not touching the controlling is the guaranteed way to defeat it.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:37 am

Federally wrote:It's not a glitch. It's a symptom of lag + wonky BS mechanics. While its rude, it isn't a glitch.

Are you sure it's lag? I've tested that offline with a dark spirit NPC. I could still chain backstab him.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 am

Lag makes it easier. Lag is why on your screen you may roll away but be teleported back into a BS. Either way its not a glitch, game code legitimately allows it. It's just a douche move
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:41 am

Federally wrote:Lag makes it easier. Lag is why on your screen you may roll away but be teleported back into a BS. Either way its not a glitch, game code legitimately allows it. It's just a douche move

well, I'll try and practice avoiding chain backstabs. If it isn't a glitch and is just lag. Then gah, that sucks. I just hope the PC version can avoid lag all together.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:41 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Unfortunately, it's a tactic in the sense that the person using it is using the game's lag and BS issues to their advantage. I don't really know though. I don't PVP a whole lot so that why I said, "what ^ he (Federally) said). I was probably too hasty with that comment which I edited it.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:43 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Unfortunately, it's a tactic in the sense that the person using it is using the game's lag and BS issues to their advantage. I don't really know though. I don't PVP a whole lot so that why I said, "what ^ he (Federally) said). I was probably too hasty with that comment which I edited it.

why can't everyone just fight honorably? sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:08 am