Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ROOSTER330
scanz
6 posters

Chaos Fury dual build

scanz

Chaos Fury dual build Empty Chaos Fury dual build

Post by scanz Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 am

Hello all, first post on the forum, but I have been browsing it for a while and it's given me a lot of help and ideas winking

So far I've only done PvP on my one and only main character and now I want to start my first proper PvP build. Have been thinking long and hard about it and decided I wouldn't like to rely on buffs and fancied using the Chaos blade. Was stuck on what else to do with it, until I saw someone on YouTube using a setup of Chaos Blade on RH and Fury Sword on LH. Looked very fun indeed. The character in the video was only SL103 and I'm aiming for SL120/5, so came up with this:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3599120491602666

70/12/35/16/45/11/9/9
    RH: Chaos Blade / Lightning Uchi
    LH: Quelaag's Fury Sword / Pyro
    Crown of Greatlord, Ornstein Armour, Ornstein Gauntlets, Bloodstained skirt
    RoFaP and DWG
    Pyro = Great Combustion and Fire Surge

In regards to the armour I've gone for aesthetics instead of protection. I could swap the Ornstein Gauntlets for Giant Gauntlets to boost Poise up to 40. I also considered using a bow instead of Pyromancy. So I'm still open to advice and ideas on this and would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Last edited by scanz on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change)
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Chaos Fury dual build Empty Re: Chaos Fury dual build

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:27 am

Welcome to the forum! Or, welcome to your first post on the forum! lol. My only suggestion is about the weapons, usually when you dual wield, it is more beneficial to use weapons of different types. Meaning if you use two swords of about equal reach, your not benefiting much from the weapon in your off hand, so most dual wielders have, for example, a spear in the off hand and a sword etc in the right. Just a suggestion, find a weapon that gives you more diversity for your off hand weapon.

Now I make alot of builds that are not neccessarily tacticly sound, so if your set on the weapons you have, it still looks cool and as long as you can parry with the off hand one, go for it anyways and ignore my last suggestion happy
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 am

Dual furry is a lot of fun, parry is a bit long, but looks and fun is worth it.
    scanz

Post by scanz Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 am

Thanks for the reply and welcome happy

Yes I know what you mean about using varied weapons. I will suffer fighting at range and have considered using a bow instead of Pyro and also a spear instead of the lightning Uchi, but I aim to mainly 2h the Chaos Blade with the Uchi as back-up and the Fury Sword to mix it up a bit to cause 'chaos' lol .

I mainly just to want to have fun with this character, not take things too seriously - hence going for 'cool' looks instead of good armour, although I'm still open to ideas regarding loadout and also the stats.

Thanks.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 am

Good deal, I would leave the weapons then. Stats are good, I would probably move endurance up to 40 and just take it from Vitality. Vit give much lower returns after 50 and endurance after 40, so the 5 you would take away from vit to get endurance up to 40 would prob be better. Other than that nit picky-ness, it looks good to me
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Post by darkREPRISAL Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:07 am

Welcome aboard scanz big grin 'bout time you got all registered up on here.

I'm no expert, as you can obviously testify to, but I've got to say I've enjoyed having the Dragon Slayer Spear as an offhand alternative to my preferred Falchion+15....I prefer getting in peoples faces with the fast hitting Falchion, but its nice to switch it out for something with more range when faced with uber defensive players...

Poise @ 25 would concern me a little, but it sure does look a fun build mate. I'm good to give you a Quelaag soul when you need one mate Bow
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 am

Welcome to the forum
    About the build, dex is kindof my strong suit as far as the weapon classes and i use a build very similar with a few mods. I see your going for looks on your main 2 weapons so i wont try and change the quelaags. But I'd like to ask, why have a shorter katana as a "backup"? Typically backups are used if your not doing so well with your primary and need to change it up. I'd switch that to a great scythe if you wanna keep the style points and it will rip your opponents up big grin
    scanz

Post by scanz Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 pm

@darkREPRISAL, not really going for high poise or defence. Can boost it to 40 with Giants Gauntlets, but I'm going for the looks 8)

@rywhitty222, thanks for the tip. My initial thinking was simply because again it looks cool and it's lightning. I don't really want to have to rely on any buffs, so thought a lightning back-up would be good. I'll give the Great Scythe a go though happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:47 pm

There's no need for a lightning uchi if you have 45 Dex. I recommend using the spear as back up. I added the fireball because it would look great for your build.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2098998487194899
    scanz

Post by scanz Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

WyrmHero wrote:There's no need for a lightning uchi if you have 45 Dex. I recommend using the spear as back up. I added the fireball because it would look great for your build.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2098998487194899
    Thanks, I quite like the look of that. I'll ditch the Uchi for sure then and try out the Great Scythe and Silver Knight Spear happy
    scanz

Post by scanz Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 am

Been thinking a bit more and wondering if the Great Chaos Fireball is really worth the investment into Attunement? I'm going to want as much HP as possible using the Chaos Blade and I find fireball attacks do miss the target on most occassions. Also, is the 5 points of Endurance (35-40) really worth it? I don't need the additional burden.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:42 am

Yes they tend to miss unless you throw them without lock on or a very lucky shot. But if you want more HP then go for it, but after 50 Vit getting more HP should be a last resort investment.
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Post by darkREPRISAL Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 am

I would say not mate...I've found it really hard to hit the good PvP players with any pyros, especially fireballs etc, so think you'll be better putting the points elsewhere, and concentrate on dishing the damage out with the Chaos Blade...
    scanz

Post by scanz Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:13 am

I think I'll keep the Great Combustion and Fire Surge because it's easier to hit with these and allows me to use something different, but will leave out the Chaos Fireball.

Now, do I go 70 Vit and 35 End, or 65 Vit and 40 End? Can start working on building the character now and decide later down the line. Once I hit 35 End, I can see if I need more.
    darkREPRISAL
    darkREPRISAL
    Regular
    Regular

Post by darkREPRISAL Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:38 am

scanz wrote:I think I'll keep the Great Combustion and Fire Surge because it's easier to hit with these and allows me to use something different, but will leave out the Chaos Fireball.

Now, do I go 70 Vit and 35 End, or 65 Vit and 40 End? Can start working on building the character now and decide later down the line. Once I hit 35 End, I can see if I need more.

Sounds like a plan...when are we starting?? Got mine printed out and ready to go bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm