Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Akatik
aceluby
Serious_Much
reim0027
Midgar
gammlesvarte
10 posters

question about my soullvl mistake

gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

question about my soullvl mistake Empty question about my soullvl mistake

Post by gammlesvarte Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:39 am

i added some lvl points on the wrong stats by mistake was stupid i was tierd like hell and dident relly look what i was doing..

Is there anything like in darksouls when a blackphantom could lower your lvl whit some soul stealing ability?

never played as blackphantom so not sure what it is called
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

question about my soullvl mistake Empty Re: question about my soullvl mistake

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 am

There's no such way that I know of. If you only have one character then you could always:

1. Delete patch 1.05
    2. Disable online play
    3. Use Dragon Headstone Glitch to instantly level up to the SL that you want

The downside is you'd obviously have to redo your playthrough and get new items. Well unless you let someone hold your items in the meantime. You will have to delete all your characters in order to go back to patch 1.03 to use the glitch.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 am

Or, you could use the bottomless box glitch to copy your build's items over to a new toon and start over leveling up.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 am

......or he could just live with it. Guys stop recommending glitches as solutions to people's problems, it's a game that is meant to be punishing if you do something wrong and our forum does not exactly promote glitches as they are mostly misused, so please refrain. thank you.

@OP There is no way to undo accidental levels im afraid

A couple of levels makes no real difference though when you get up to 120 (if you're aiming for that), or you know have to go to the horror, 122 or 123SL if you've made a mistake... At that level range if you aimed for that, anything up to SL132 would still work with online play, hopefully that'll show you not to worry and put your mind at ease.

It wont have a big impact at all with your online play which is all you should be worried about with accidental levels because otherwise makes no difference, so honestly doesnt matter you've done it, wont affect your character much except you've lost a few souls, no biggie.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:10 am

Serious_Much wrote:......or he could just live with it. Guys stop recommending glitches as solutions to people's problems, it's a game that is meant to be punishing if you do something wrong and our forum does not exactly promote glitches as they are mostly misused, so please refrain. thank you.

@OP There is no way to undo accidental levels im afraid

A couple of levels makes no real difference though when you get up to 120 (if you're aiming for that), or you know have to go to the horror, 122 or 123SL if you've made a mistake... At that level range if you aimed for that, anything up to SL132 would still work with online play, hopefully that'll show you not to worry and put your mind at ease.

It wont have a big impact at all with your online play which is all you should be worried about with accidental levels because otherwise makes no difference, so honestly doesnt matter you've done it, wont affect your character much except you've lost a few souls, no biggie.

Thank you!
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:15 am

reim0027 wrote:Or, you could use the bottomless box glitch to copy your build's items over to a new toon and start over leveling up.

That probably would be easier then getting all his items back now that I think about it.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 am

A couple of missplaced points are not going to ruin your build.

Unless you plan on going for the SL 120 PvP build, I wouldn't worry about it.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks for the hints well i guess i will have to live whit the mistakes becouse using glitches, isent anything i wont to ruin my gameplay whit..

So i will deal whit this mistake i guess 2 extra faith wont make a biggy thing at the end anyway but thanks for all the help full hints and sorry for my poorly english
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:43 pm

2 extra point of Faith can be a good thing depending on what you were doing. It might let you cast Heal or another spell you never thought of. What is your faith at now. No matter what toon I am playing, I always level up faith a little to cast Heal.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 pm

meridam99 wrote:2 extra point of Faith can be a good thing depending on what you were doing. It might let you cast Heal or another spell you never thought of. What is your faith at now. No matter what toon I am playing, I always level up faith a little to cast Heal.

My faith is now 11 and im playing my toon as a light armor melee whit high endurance and vit atm its good for avoiding enemy blows and i use a large tower shield whit my build now and a longsword...i found my build good for my gameplay. as im a poor player and i make alot mistakes so high vit and endu makes sure i dont die so often by my stupid mistakes
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 pm

You can cast the heal spell with a faith of 12. Five casts, use a Thorulund Talisman, and it will help you stay alive longer, like having another 5 flasks. Don't use it in the middle of battle though, cast is slow, only after fighting is done.
    gammlesvarte
    gammlesvarte
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by gammlesvarte Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:55 pm

meridam99 wrote:You can cast the heal spell with a faith of 12. Five casts, use a Thorulund Talisman, and it will help you stay alive longer, like having another 5 flasks. Don't use it in the middle of battle though, cast is slow, only after fighting is done.

ok thanks then i will add 1 more faith just to get the extra heal and trust me im gona need it alot, if you would c me play you would laugh i relly need more heals thanks alot for the good ide there and the hint.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

And always remember that the white phantoms and sunbros are around to help out in case the world of Dark Souls has kicked you in the nuts too many times :-). Jolly Co-operation > Glitches anway.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:15 pm

In my first character I messed up and put 10 points in Resistence. Do you think I cried and rage deleted my character after I had to pass level 120 or I used glitch to make another one? I just went to sl 130 and PVP was the SAME thing. You can host whenever you want, without ANY kind of problems. Do not worry, in this game you can only level up for a reason, it is good. You never make a mistake, you can aways try something new if you put wrong stats.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Carphil wrote:In my first character I messed up and put 10 points in Resistence. Do you think I cried and rage deleted my character after I had to pass level 120 or I used glitch to make another one? I just went to sl 130 and PVP was the SAME thing. You can host whenever you want, without ANY kind of problems. Do not worry, in this game you can only level up for a reason, it is good. You never make a mistake, you can aways try something new if you put wrong stats.

With those 10 extra points, I am Resistant (get it resistant hahahaha) to PVP with you.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Definitaly man, but this was long ago. That character is now 237 lol

and yes, that was a good joke
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Carphil I think From just put Resistance in there so that all of us with our first characters would be like...Resistance? sounds good... Meanwhile they are sitting back in their moon base laughing like Austin Powers villains at us all :-)

There should be a secret covenant in the game for people that have upped their resistance stat :-). OR maybe we should put a Resistance build up on the wiki just to play the evil prank forward :-). Actually Resistance is probably the way to unlock the use of the Pendant lol.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

boost it to 99 before any other stat then walk around blight town NAKED. also with that much res you'd actually be pretty hard to damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:15 pm