Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
BIG TIME MASTER
Alara78
GrinTwist
bloodpixel
Demon Slayer
IceIfrit666
cloudyeki
passivefamiliar
philtitan
Slarg232
Phantasmio
skarekrow13
Anonymous Proxy
PaPaSmVrf
Seignar
19 posters

That moment...

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

That moment... Empty That moment...

Post by Seignar Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 pm

We all had a bad experience in Dark Souls, especially our first playthrough. What are some of the most awful moments you had in Dark Souls? Did you reach a point of no progress, lose a lot of souls, found out you wasted time doing...nothing?, etc.

My moment: I entered the Catacombs and reached the Tomb of Giants...before I found the Undead Burg. I came out of that place with a giant bad of frustration and anger, coated with a large dash of RAGEQUIT! Nothing beat those first 20 hours of Dark Souls....absolutely nothing.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

That moment... Empty Re: That moment...

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 pm

I doubt I can top that, but it just happened today, had 100k souls on my stain, and i was in the lower part of the demon ruins (before the firesage) the stain was behind the 3rd tarsus demon, killed my way to him easily, killed him, my stain was 20 FEET AWAY, and his dead body fell on me, pushing me against the wall, once he vanished, i moved forward, which then threw me off 10 feet to the left off the edge, how, idk, but I set down the controller, walked away, and proceeded to stab a tree in my backyard with a knife. fun times.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 pm

I am going to sum up about 400 more responses.

The archers in Anor Londo.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 pm

they can never make up their mind about if their going to use a bow at point blank range or a sword, always trips me up...
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 pm

They switch to their sword, I lower my shield for a moment. BAM BOW IN THE FACE. OFF THE CORNER.

JESUS WTF.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 am

so....much....rage.....
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 am

By the first bonfire in b. town (upper) I thought it looked like you could jump on the ledge surrounding the pillar. You can't
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:14 am

I thought you could jump onto the huge waterwheel after getting the fire keeper soul, just follow the path down to the drop off, and jump, From must have a great sence of humor.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:They switch to their sword, I lower my shield for a moment. BAM BOW IN THE FACE. OFF THE CORNER.

JESUS WTF.
    THIS!
    it has yet to kill me, but damn is it annoying.
    My biggest waste of time was cooping throughout Sen's Fortress. Wasted about two hours with people dying on the silliest stuff because they didn't stick behind me and let me do my job: BEING YOUR MEAT SHIELD/BODY GUARD!
    Didn't make it to the boss once that night.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 am

I'm going to have to sa-

Anonymous Proxy wrote:I am going to sum up about 400 more responses.

The archers in Anor Londo.

Oh.... Nevermind.....
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 am

Asylum Demon. Over and over and over and over and...

Interestingly enough I killed the BoC my 2nd try. I didn't fall doing either the left or right then got whipped to death by the branches. Newbs luck I guess.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:29 am

My experience almost made me quit. But previous demon souls playthroughs let me accept it, and i grew to love it more.

I made my way through blighttown first (no guide) through all the poison and toxin where the ground was killing you. Spent hours there dying, falling, those cursed firebreathing dogs, those needlespitting wood freaks. Also being human got invaded a good bit. Finally made it to fight a firebreathing half hot half spider creature. Only to die and trudge through poison again. Beating that ringing the bell. Feeling triumphant until...the cutscene shows me im nowhere near that gate. I curse the world. I continue on, to find what once was the essential first boss, is now stnading with 6 duplicates with him and NO place to do a plunging attack. Thankful to avoid that i run into my worst nightmare, a capra demon, thankfully without dogs. Only to find MORE capra demons. Trudging litterally what feels like through hell i make my way past all those mini boss's that RESPAWN. Only to find a door....sealed by god....FML....i wanted to cry. I hadnt seen the sun in...days of gameplay. I just missed the firelink shrine.

That feeling of having to go BACK through all that chaos...being so alone and lost. Thats what the game is supposed to make you feel i think. But now im 300ish hours and can't get enough
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 am

passivefamiliar wrote:My experience almost made me quit. But previous demon souls playthroughs let me accept it, and i grew to love it more.

I made my way through blighttown first (no guide) through all the poison and toxin where the ground was killing you. Spent hours there dying, falling, those cursed firebreathing dogs, those needlespitting wood freaks. Also being human got invaded a good bit. Finally made it to fight a firebreathing half hot half spider creature. Only to die and trudge through poison again. Beating that ringing the bell. Feeling triumphant until...the cutscene shows me im nowhere near that gate. I curse the world. I continue on, to find what once was the essential first boss, is now stnading with 6 duplicates with him and NO place to do a plunging attack. Thankful to avoid that i run into my worst nightmare, a capra demon, thankfully without dogs. Only to find MORE capra demons. Trudging litterally what feels like through hell i make my way past all those mini boss's that RESPAWN. Only to find a door....sealed by god....FML....i wanted to cry. I hadnt seen the sun in...days of gameplay. I just missed the firelink shrine.

That feeling of having to go BACK through all that chaos...being so alone and lost. Thats what the game is supposed to make you feel i think. But now im 300ish hours and can't get enough

.....This was so deep, and made me feel so.... I don't even know, and thats why I can't get enough of the game either, those dark places were you just really understand your mortality in the situation, good stuff man.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 am

passivefamiliar wrote:My experience almost made me quit. But previous demon souls playthroughs let me accept it, and i grew to love it more.

We had some very similar experiences. I finally got past the first Capra Demon and Depths. I felt like a bad-*** flowing through Blighttown after slaying a monstrous dragon. Then all of a sudden. BAM. DRAKE SWORD IS BROKEN! I didn't buy a repair box... I had no other real weapons, except for 80dmg weapons... My life through blighttown was MISERABLE. My first time, of course...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:44 am

Ash Lake, VERY first playthrough, no guide, very first character on my friend's ps3. Oh god, getting there was hard enough. I ended up leaving him there, didn't start playing till I came back home and bought the game myself.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 am

I got cursed in the Depths, several times before it was patched.
    1-2 hits from anything would kill me and left the game nearly unplayable.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 am

IceIfrit666 wrote:I got cursed in the Depths, several times before it was patched.

I tend to avoid those things alltogether, found a route where you don't even have to fight them.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:52 am

... I just found a purpose for curse in PVP! http://tinyurl.com/9qzuuvp

IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 am

PaPaSmVrf wrote:
    IceIfrit666 wrote:I got cursed in the Depths, several times before it was patched.

I tend to avoid those things alltogether, found a route where you don't even have to fight them.
    I know one too, but it was my first playthrough (and without a guide).
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 am

oh men the most frustrating part was the two anor londo archers OH WTF loose 200k :evil: souls at the first i saw the that narrow bridge i was like nah this is easy silly like please Well What is it are you serious
    and then BOOM :x fell off wow i don,t why but i laugh after that

Last edited by Demon Slayer on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am

cloudyeki wrote:... I just found a purpose for curse in PVP! http://tinyurl.com/9qzuuvp

nightmares oh men
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am

That moment when I fell off a cliff, lost 5,000,000 souls and 99 humanity.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am

Double post lol
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 am

In my first playthrough in New Londo ruins I had no idea how to kill the ghosts and never found out until NG+. I can't even remember how many runs it took me without dying by those damned things before I was finally able to open the floodgate and get to the four kings.

Also, recently on NG++ I decided it would be a good idea to just run past the crystal golems and I, uh, accidently summoned Dusk of Oolacile and she may have died when I decided to fight them. I was sad that Dusk had died and I was also angry that I would have to run through the game again collecting all the miracles. :evil:
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 am

On my first playthrough I got to the Depths before having the Lord Vessel.
    I ended up getting cursed.....3 times in a row! Effectively cutting my health down to 12,5%.
    Took me a good while to get out of that place and walk all the way to Oswald to get some purging stones. I died so many times trying to get there because of my ridiculously low health.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:31 am