Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Pesth
SlakeMoth
7 posters

Which weapon scales best with faith build?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Which weapon scales best with faith build? Empty Which weapon scales best with faith build?

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

That's all I want to know folks. Please don't think I'm too lazy to work it out for myself. It's just that stats have never been my strong point. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Which weapon scales best with faith build? Empty Re: Which weapon scales best with faith build?

Post by Pesth Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Anything divine or occult, or the astoran straight sword and the crescent axe
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Which weapon scales best with faith build? Empty Re: Which weapon scales best with faith build?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Grant.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm

If you have 50 faith then any occult/divine weapon. I like to use Great Scythe, Zweih, Claymore, Pike, anything useful.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Grant.

Look Skyward i forgot this one

and i dont know, when i'm playing a faith build i usually spend alot of stats ins dex to and buff my weapons, just have a +10 divine claymore on every character for the catacombs and nito

Last edited by Pesth on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Grant!!! Also crescent axe is good too.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you all. Now I'll have to start eating spinach so I can use the Grant.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Astora's SS really sucks, even with 40/40/40. Grant is ironically one of the weakest and most useless weapons for its stat investment. Go for an Occult upgrade, and remember; weapons that scaled better at +15 will scale better with Faith once upgraded. The D/D barbed Straight sword will not scale as well as the C/C Darksword if both are occult. So find a weapon that has good physical scaling before you upgrade it to Divine/Occult.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I know this doesn't really answer the question, but why do you need a faith scaling weapon at all? You'd be far better off just getting your favourite weapon, making it +15 and buffing it with sunlight blade (or darkmoon blade if you can). The damage from any faith scaling weapon is nowhere near as high as normal +15 with a buff unless you're using a divine weapon in the catacombs.

And Ghadis, I actually find Grant really useful in the Catacombs, since it does more divine bonus damage (130 as opposed to 110), as well as looking freaking awesome, which to most people is far more important that a slight difference in damage.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 pm

It's not a slight difference. Because of the way damage is calculated, I can have 50 Str and a +15 Great Club, and have it hit significantly harder than a Grant which requires many extra levels to even be able to wield. The Grant does not hit for a level of damage consistent with its weapon class. Consider that the Gargoyle halberd has 650 AR at Chaos +5, onlt slightly less than the ~715 AR the Grant has, which is really only a difference of 30 AR for each part of the split damage. G. hal: ~325/325. Grant: ~357/358. This is not to mention that the G. Halberd requires dozens and dozens fewer levels to achieve this AR, as well as being significantly faster and more versatile. The slight difference in damage is not between the Grant and other UGH, it's that the Grant has a slight advantage in damage over weapon classes that are supposed to be much, much weaker per hit.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:51 pm

I really wish more weapons (such as Grant) didn't have split damage, it would make these weapons more useful. Anyway, my original point still stands: buff + normal > any divine/occult weapon.

Just for the record, I cannot stand halberds, the 2nd R1 combo hit usually hits a wall if there is one nearby, and i've yet to find a practical use for its ability to hit multiple enemies per swing...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Grant is awesome, it givets a stronger wog, and because if the stats required to wield it you can use mirAcles like gmb wog, force and replenishment. It's might not do as much damage as the other great hammers but it does not suck, it still sunlocks like them and it's freaking awesome looking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:08 am