Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
nsane32
HelmHammerhand
jagger_1243
Tolvo
Back Lot Basher
SATLOS
meridam99
Forum Pirate
lucanious
sids09
stale
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Herbo
Oh_the_Humanity
RANT
Serious_Much
Liff Daddy
DxV04
User
DarkSect
24 posters

Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 am

Okay im just gonna state the obvious. Souls games have so far been on a two year production cycle. We'll get one (if they do one) in 2013, then they'll work on another one for the next gen console.

I don't think them releasing another before the next gen is a bad thing, though i think Xbox releasing a new gen before then would be good since then it wouldnt hold up the quality of the game like the 360 probably did with dark souls..

(incidentally that's also what i blame for FFXIII being so poor)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:28 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:should still be a D#### SOULS but what name... daemon souls, to light? Dragon souls? Drake souls? any other title idea's?

I suggested Dark Demon Souls silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 am

Serious_Much wrote:Okay im just gonna state the obvious. Souls games have so far been on a two year production cycle. We'll get one (if they do one) in 2013, then they'll work on another one for the next gen console.

Yea that would make me buy a new gen console right away. I usually don't, I wait until a year after the release of a new console to buy

Serious_Much wrote:I don't think them releasing another before the next gen is a bad thing, though i think Xbox releasing a new gen before then would be good since then it wouldnt hold up the quality of the game like the 360 probably did with dark souls..

:affraid: here it comes 1....2....3... lol!

Last edited by DxV04 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 am

DxV04 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I don't think them releasing another before the next gen is a bad thing, though i think Xbox releasing a new gen before then would be good since then it wouldnt hold up the quality of the game like the 360 probably did with dark souls..

:affraid: here it comes 1....2....3... lol!

Yeah well I can make excuses all i want I suppose silly (since I'm a bit of a fan of final fantasy)

Though if PS3 were all that great it would be xbox with the major issues on skyrim XD

also did you add in the shrug thing into my quote? made me look more like a **** silly

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 am

hahaha yea I did! I am sorry I will edit that ASAP! I did not see it from your perspective!! :cyclops: (eye not working very well)

ahh i removed the well what is it but I can't remove it from your reply silly hehe
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 am

yeah i realised, i didnt take it out when i requoted silly

this conversation just reminded me of this advert though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebuvRs3DXk
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 am

Serious_Much wrote:Okay im just gonna state the obvious. Souls games have so far been on a two year production cycle. We'll get one (if they do one) in 2013, then they'll work on another one for the next gen console.

I don't think them releasing another before the next gen is a bad thing, though i think Xbox releasing a new gen before then would be good since then it wouldnt hold up the quality of the game like the 360 probably did with dark souls..

amen and amen again. even if a new souls never comes the irritatingly sparse and ludicriously savage pvp of older games is always awesome. would/will be better in dark because its so nuanced anyways.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 am

Serious_Much wrote:yeah i realised, i didnt take it out when i requoted silly

this conversation just reminded me of this advert though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebuvRs3DXk

Large and well rounded haha nice camera work tho!! lol!

sorry for hijacking the thread 4 post ago TS Shrug
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:10 pm

I believe they could make a game bridging the two games... Remember in Dark Souls you start in the Asylum and are brought to Lordran. The Undead Asylum could be the connecting link. Imagine if in the New Game, Patches is your guide?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 pm

i hate patches haha, but meridam you mention patches is he in both games or something like that? (I still say name the new game Dark Demon Souls hehe)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 pm

yeah he's in both games.

and personally meri, if patches was supposed to be your guide in the game id kill him on the spot. No way am i gonna trust that guy silly
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Why do you guys have such a grudge against Patches? He´s become a humble merchant big grin But I guess it doesn´t matter because if he were your guide in a new game he would kick you from a ledge anyway like he did in the 2 games before.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 pm

As part of kicking you off a ledge in the third game, he would be teaching you how to roll out of a fall!
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Nice one big grin
    Very rough way learning to roll though winking
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm

meridam99 wrote:As part of kicking you off a ledge in the third game, he would be teaching you how to roll out of a fall!
    Or he'd just go "You REALLY are a gullible one eh? He he he he heeee."
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 pm

I honestly think they should take this engine and put it into an epic space / sci-fi universe.

I've said before that I wish that LucasArts and FROM could get together and make a Star Wars game with these controls. That'll never happen, but what if FROM just went and did an "homage"?

The gameplay systems are all there... They'd just have to change the crossbow mechanics to support blasters, and find some way to make the different classes balanced with the powers/miracles/spells that the "Jedi" and "Sith" would have.

What do you think?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm

SATLOS wrote:I honestly think they should take this engine and put it into an epic space / sci-fi universe.

I've said before that I wish that LucasArts and FROM could get together and make a Star Wars game with these controls. That'll never happen, but what if FROM just went and did an "homage"?

The gameplay systems are all there... They'd just have to change the crossbow mechanics to support blasters, and find some way to make the different classes balanced with the powers/miracles/spells that the "Jedi" and "Sith" would have.

What do you think?

I think there are already enough star wars games ruining developers careers silly

wouldnt have the same effect in Space as oppose to medieval sort of fantasy world
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

The main issue with a sci-fi setting is that there is so much more focus on ranged and remote combat tactics. Dark Souls can have that aspect if you so choose, but a sci fi setting would be hard pressed to offer the visceral foot-to-crotch combat we get in DkS without being like...hey where are all the fricken lazer rifles?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

The combat engine IS brilliant, though...I my perfect world it would become the new standard in any game that features melee combat
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:The combat engine IS brilliant, though...I my perfect world it would become the new standard in any game that features melee combat
    I second that although there could happen some improvement in future games.
    I would really love to see more than 2 different styles of strike per weapon and per hand usage (one handed and double handed). Don´t get me wrong, i don´t mean that hack´n´slay style a la devil may cry but maybe a 3 or 4ish combo moveset would be awesome.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

It totally wouldn't have to be the LucasArts license...

I was kind thinking: "FROM basically showed Konami how to make a proper 3D Castlevania... They could now show Nintendo how to make a proper 3D Metroid".

(Didn't play the FPS Metroid games, so no idea if they were good... Haven't owned a Nintendo console for a long while...)

There could still totally be awesome sci-fi melee... FROM would just have to put their spin on it. Make blasters low-powered (like crossbows), but give the blaster guys speed and a large range of movement so they can high tail it from a heavy melee user... Jet packs, anyone?

Of course there would be meters (like stamina) that would make tactics like this harder to exploit...
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

This is turning into something Off Topic, bring it back or I will split the thread.
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Would you guys prefer something like the bonfire system or maybe something like the nexus?
    If you could decide, what idea would you have in mind concerning the checkpoints/respawn system for a new game or a sequel in the future?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 pm

DarkSect wrote:Would you guys prefer something like the bonfire system or maybe something like the nexus?
    If you could decide, what idea would you have in mind concerning the checkpoints/respawn system for a new game or a sequel in the future?

Thanks for bringing back on topic.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:55 pm

I think they'll continue with the open world. and I prefer it, the fact you have to travel through the land makes it more of an adventure than teleporting to different areas, and the linkage of each area to each other makes the whole world and setting more immersive in my opinion.

However, I do not know how they would change what bonfires are in next game, what could they change it to really?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 pm