Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
nsane32
HelmHammerhand
jagger_1243
Tolvo
Back Lot Basher
SATLOS
meridam99
Forum Pirate
lucanious
sids09
stale
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Herbo
Oh_the_Humanity
RANT
Serious_Much
Liff Daddy
DxV04
User
DarkSect
24 posters

Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game

Loopie
    Loopie

Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game

Post by Loopie Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Don't really care if it's "Dark Souls 2" or another " ____ Souls" game.
    Just keep making them.
    Please, for the love of God, don't ever end the Souls series D:
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark Souls sequel or rather a new "Souls" game

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

have the fog from demons souls roll thru lordan, LOL
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Another Souls game, just to keep things fresh.
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Then let´s go crazy about some new and fresh ideas which could improve future games even more. First things first, let´s talk about the weaponry. Last time i had something really insane in mind. It was very cool they put fist weapons in Dark Souls, but i felt they didnt quite pack that much punch. So what if you equip the claws and then you had also claws on your feet, doing a 2 hand combo followed by 2 kicks. All of you who played Ninja Gaiden 2 know what I mean big grin
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 am

so separate foot and leg gear? or do you mean give fist weapons kick attacks that do damage (after all legs are stronger then arms) i would also suggest a punching dagger fist weapon and brass knuckles. also halve their stamina use to make them actually useful. i would also like to see a blunt damage pole arm, a spinning staff if you will.
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nitos-Apprentice Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:49 am

They already have Dark Souls 2. You see after you beat the game you kindle the fire or let the world go to dark. Then over thousands of years the fire becomes unkindled and history repeats itself and you start a new game. Ie Dark souls 2.
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:56 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:so separate foot and leg gear? or do you mean give fist weapons kick attacks that do damage (after all legs are stronger then arms) i would also suggest a punching dagger fist weapon and brass knuckles. also halve their stamina use to make them actually useful. i would also like to see a blunt damage pole arm, a spinning staff if you will.

I mean the weapon not particular as gear but as a combined fist/leg weapon. In other words, when you equip said weapon it becomes fist as well as leg. In addition, since humans have 4 limbs a shield cant be equiped at the same time. A fighting staff would be great too, especially for sorceres which comes with elemental damage and scales with intelligence.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm

yes fighting staff! so make fist weapon really be martial arts weapon and have kick attacks... dark hands move set would be... like ganondorfs from super smash bro's brawl?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:52 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:yes fighting staff! so make fist weapon really be martial arts weapon and have kick attacks... dark hands move set would be... like ganondorfs from super smash bro's brawl?

more like FALCON PUUUUNCHHH!!!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 pm

thats the dark hand r2. just not as epic as falcon punch. they should have given a special fist weapon based on the ending you chose, flameing fist thing for link the fire ending and some sort of clawed gauntlet for the dark lord ending.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:05 pm

In truth, if their was a 'Dark Souls' sequel, which i Doubt... would you perfer the Dark Ending, or the Flame Ending. Just State it so.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:07 pm

dark ending actually seems more like the good ending for me, the fire one... you catch on fire and perpetuate the farce that is the age of fire.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 pm

dark ending, but this is slightly off topic dont you think? silly

anyone got any ideas as to what you'd like the main thesis of the next game to be?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Well, the game will have similar mechanics, similar enemies, simoilar ways. They might borrow the way of the bonfires and humanity, or they might replace it with something else entirely. if it were so, they would probably add more weapons in the mix, as well as possibly better weapon and magic choices. They might have magic such as elemental instead of pyromancy, since Pyromancy was created due to the Witches of Izalith. The setting will be medieval, as usual.

As the Demon's Souls was focused of Demons, and the Dark Souls based on Christian Lore (you can see it, but it is BASED, not is). They could borrow such ways as well. Maybe they will make the next souls game more massive, and possibly have a function simialr to Demon's Souls, teleporting to different groupings of areas to finish and clear, while exploring these mass areas. Since poise and such is included now, might be that they replace Humanity with even greater Souls, and possibly have the ability to, what say, create weapons that derive from the Soul Level of the Player, instead of Humanity. Not scaling of attributes, the Soul Level. Or it would scale with the amount of Souls held as spares.

Since one was spirits, and the other was undead, might be that phantom players might be back for offline purposes. As it were, they will probably include something similar to Covenants, and possibly add 'quests' to each of them, although similar to Dark Souls in a sense that it is free will. As it were, their will be better, greater bosses, and possibly new environments than the burrowed things from before

As it were, if it is a Dark Souls Sequel, I would prefer the Flame Ending. Such ways would make the world more... interesting, than choosing the overlord that was the player. of course, if the final boss was that of the Player previously, the Dark Lord, that would be interesting. or even more so, bring that being back from the original to the second. Either way, the Flame Ending will seem more appealing to see... or both.
    DarkSect
    DarkSect

Post by DarkSect Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, the game will have similar mechanics, similar enemies, simoilar ways. They might borrow the way of the bonfires and humanity, or they might replace it with something else entirely. if it were so, they would probably add more weapons in the mix, as well as possibly better weapon and magic choices. They might have magic such as elemental instead of pyromancy, since Pyromancy was created due to the Witches of Izalith. The setting will be medieval, as usual.

As the Demon's Souls was focused of Demons, and the Dark Souls based on Christian Lore (you can see it, but it is BASED, not is). They could borrow such ways as well. Maybe they will make the next souls game more massive, and possibly have a function simialr to Demon's Souls, teleporting to different groupings of areas to finish and clear, while exploring these mass areas. Since poise and such is included now, might be that they replace Humanity with even greater Souls, and possibly have the ability to, what say, create weapons that derive from the Soul Level of the Player, instead of Humanity. Not scaling of attributes, the Soul Level. Or it would scale with the amount of Souls held as spares.

Since one was spirits, and the other was undead, might be that phantom players might be back for offline purposes. As it were, they will probably include something similar to Covenants, and possibly add 'quests' to each of them, although similar to Dark Souls in a sense that it is free will. As it were, their will be better, greater bosses, and possibly new environments than the burrowed things from before

As it were, if it is a Dark Souls Sequel, I would prefer the Flame Ending. Such ways would make the world more... interesting, than choosing the overlord that was the player. of course, if the final boss was that of the Player previously, the Dark Lord, that would be interesting. or even more so, bring that being back from the original to the second. Either way, the Flame Ending will seem more appealing to see... or both.

Looks like you thought about some interesting things very thoroughly. One thing is for sure, that the game director made it clear that he will make only a new game if it is something complete new, but at the same time not making a sequel or something similar would be not smart concerning the sales which are great. I mentioned before that i worked for Namco-Bandai at Gamescom in Cologne last year and the resonace to Dark Souls were outstanding. Our booth had roughly about 1500 visitors a day, playing the demo and they seemed to really enjoying it as I noticed when I talked to them.
    So what I am trying to say is, that a sequel doesn´t always have to be worse than its predecessor. From Software has already proven that they make quality games. Many of the things you said Acidic_Cook would make great sense in a direct sequel to Dark Souls. If I had to choose, I´d definitely go for the Dark Lord Ending.

As for the New Game, i would really love to see more cool range weapons like guns and rifles. I dont mean super modern high caliber automatic machine guns but maybe some medieval rifles and pistols. Bows and crossbows are cool but some antique rifles...that would be awesome.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 am

more advanced cossbows is all i could see fitting... as guns means bombs and cannon and generally more distant warfare. also if they did make guns they'd never scale and have horrible range (if they're gonna be historically acurate)... i just tend to not like games with guns i guess... i could see a magic crossbow that fires soul arrows made from the players hp but guns? nah.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 am

guns are a definite no-no. It's very medieval setting means that souls games would not have guns.

Also they would end up being too good or rubbish, it'll be like the crystal ring shield all over again if they implement guns.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:12 pm