Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Purplebuds
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DxV04
JY4answer
strangejoy
deathsdragon
Brokewilly
ted1023
12 posters

Why all the hate for Forest host?

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Why all the hate for Forest host? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why all the hate for Forest host?

Post by Brokewilly Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

It is bad in the forest tonight folks - these campers are banging hard!!! I have been hit by TWoP immediately upon invading the forest, knocked up into air by a freaking Black Knight Greatsword (I have never been hit by one of those before :shock: ) and seen what appeared to be a FoC member who was 100% demoralized (he/she was watching my butt get beat down and not doing a dang thing!!).

Come on guys where is the freaking fire twisted - we are losing the freaking line!!

Oh well going back in to try to get some well deserved revenge.

“Always have the situation under control, even if losing. Never betray an inward sense of defeat.” - ARTHUR ASHE
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Why all the hate for Forest host? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why all the hate for Forest host?

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 pm

a few more days and I will join the fray!
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Funny fight in the forest the other night.. I invade and immediately am getting moonlight special'ed and soul speared by a 3on1 as soon as I invade. After getting me to 50% health they all put on the same set of armor (smoughs with mask on) and go barehanded fists, and just backstab chain me the whole time, trying to get me off the ledge and so on. I must have been backstabbed at least 500 times lol. Needless to say I killed the two phantoms eventually when I could get out of the chain, and almost got the host but I was already 15%, and he pulled out his sword when his buddies were killed, and healed. It was funny though... probably a 30 minute fight
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 am

Just saying wow oh wow, hosting in the Forest is just super easy now....had a set of two yes two idlers spawn 6 times in a row at the same spot wearing no armor no weapons, same two every time spawned at the same time same place, 130k from one 129k from the other.... This needs a patch all on its own.

Make it so that you only get souls if you do at least 1 damage to the host, yes only 1 means you at least hit them with shield up, the idlers got to be stopped... Kids just leaving Ps3 on all night/day hoping for free souls.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 am

wao thats just completely wack!!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

DxV04 wrote:wao thats just completely wack!!!

I second that statement. I have encountered a few of these idlers myself over the last week - this is getting ridiculous guys.

You invade to fight or runaway but at least you are doing something!!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 pm

It's a growing and incredibly annoying phenomenon. Alvina's ring should be patched so that it only works if you've moved at some point in the last five minutes.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:20 pm

It's probably due to the fact that they want to be like that guy that posed as Shiva's Bodyguard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnZcaGOjUI

This guy actually succeeded. This phenomenon happened somewhere... or it could have been me, I don't Know.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:It's probably due to the fact that they want to be like that guy that posed as Shiva's Bodyguard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnZcaGOjUI

This guy actually succeeded. This phenomenon happened somewhere... or it could have been me, I don't Know.

it is idle invaders not idle host that is the problem,the video above is simply the host hiding out.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:14 pm

They idle because they hope they are randomly summoned into a world where the host then is killed by somebody else, getting them souls for doing nothing with no real risk. Every so often, you are summoned into a world just as the host is killed and you get souls anyway. The idlers are embarrassing, and makes things harder for the active forest folks facing the 3v1 farmers.

I've been invading in the forest for a while now in an effort to develop my PvP skills, which need work. Mostly getting destroyed by the spawn campers, but I noticed something funny: people treat you completely differently if you are invading as a darkwraith vs. forest covenant. For forest covenant, the farmers almost never do anything but stampede you and flail away with their various greatswords. But if I invade as a darkwraith, they only rarely bum rush and often will bow before (and after, if they win). I've even had 1v1 duels with other summons while the host just watched, which is unheard of when I'm a forest cov invader. I don't know the reason, but it's interesting.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 pm

befowler wrote:They idle because they hope they are randomly summoned into a world where the host then is killed by somebody else, getting them souls for doing nothing with no real risk. Every so often, you are summoned into a world just as the host is killed and you get souls anyway. The idlers are embarrassing, and makes things harder for the active forest folks facing the 3v1 farmers.

I've been invading in the forest for a while now in an effort to develop my PvP skills, which need work. Mostly getting destroyed by the spawn campers, but I noticed something funny: people treat you completely differently if you are invading as a darkwraith vs. forest covenant. For forest covenant, the farmers almost never do anything but stampede you and flail away with their various greatswords. But if I invade as a darkwraith, they only rarely bum rush and often will bow before (and after, if they win). I've even had 1v1 duels with other summons while the host just watched, which is unheard of when I'm a forest cov invader. I don't know the reason, but it's interesting.
    thats because forest hunters like to hide behind their sheild one they start losing and wait for another invader to come to help them out lol. I almost always keep a friend with me in the forest, not always to 2v1 but to make sure I have that extra protection for when i get invaded by two for hunters. And it always end up being some really strong caster and a jack *** who bs fishes
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:47 pm

befowler wrote:They idle because they hope they are randomly summoned into a world where the host then is killed by somebody else, getting them souls for doing nothing with no real risk. Every so often, you are summoned into a world just as the host is killed and you get souls anyway. The idlers are embarrassing, and makes things harder for the active forest folks facing the 3v1 farmers.

I can tell you from first hand experience that DWs in the forest get bum rushed all the time. I'm probably attacked at my spawning point (the stairs) by a host and one or two phantoms between 25% and 50% of my invasions. I've only once had a host or a phantom stand back and let me 1v1, and I'm pretty sure that one instance was an organized tourney of some sort (we were all fighting in Sif's room while the host watched with binoculars).
    Purplebuds
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purplebuds Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Also as a darkwraith I always seem to get ganked by hornet ring chain backstabbing forest covenant members. So now whenever I invade and theres a forest covenant phantom I bow and duel them before fighting the host. And it usually makes for a fairer fight with the host since they seem to respect that.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 pm

The reason farmers treat DW and Forest Cov invaders differently is probably because they see a potential ally in the DW while the FoC member is definitely an enemy. I have had some hosts bow to me in the forest so I start thinking cool an honorable 1v1 duel - then out of no where a glowing minion (white/yellow) rears their ugly head - now its a gangbang in full effect!!

Recently, I had 1v1v1 in the forest and all of us was spaced out like something from the OK Corral - no one trusted anyone - it was great!!

The forest is simply too chaotic of place to even entertain the idea of honor and that is why I enjoy being a FoC member so much - the chaos really gets my blood pumping!!twisted
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:30 pm

I don't hate them either, like someone said, better for me, it's a test for my skills.

To be honest, the only guys I hate in Dark Souls' PvP are ones who the ONLY thing they do are Backstabs. I mean, come on, fight like a man. I'm not saying that BS are bad but if that's the only thing you're trying to do, I'm going to win and, it's going to be boring for me.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 pm

its fun when you find an inattentive farmer and you spawn on the stairs behind him as a dw and chop him in half with an axe before he or his min ions see you.... twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:12 pm