Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
reim0027
Veradox
ErrJon6661
carlucio
Fotitudo
ChizFreak
Zhangbob
Phoenix Rising
Kiva the wanderer
joemann
WyrmHero
Taganov
Serious_Much
Pesth
RedderAI
IV_Mark_VI
Kiljax
SublimeSinner
Forum Pirate
SnailsAndSlugs
RCPD_STARS
25 posters

PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )  - Page 4 Empty Re: PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm

They're OP I know and I feel bad buffing that's why I'm using buff if they buff code but still it's douchy to attack someone while they're preparing their weapon/body buff. An example is Replenishment. I almost always prepare it after bowing, and the animation leaves my head straight to YOU. Will you shot me an arrow while I'm doing that not so OP, but useful miracle?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

No, it is a minor boost to HP regeneration. Not 468 more AR.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm

As long as you had to sacrifice something serious for the buff, for instance vitality or raw damage or even just weaker buff damage itself, I'm fine with that.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 am

I don't really see the tragedy of letting my enemy buff. You choose your build, I go with my own preference. Each of us is doing best to win. In an honorable way. But throwing a chaos fireball to my face while I'm bowing... Cmon! Feel free to hit me when I'm buffing, healing, dancing around... But not bowing, FFS! Show respect! happy Or I'm gonna bleed you to death silly
    ED: Regarding buffs, when I had no luck with materials to upgrade my weapon I had to go farm some resin to be able to deal more than 40 damage per hit %) Now I have my lighning weapon +4 at least, so eating grass is pretty much all I need. And it does not take that tremedous time to do that. And yes, I always wait for my enemy to buff up.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

What must be comprehended is that, by choosing to use buffs on your build you will be using points in int or faith that won't make you more resistant or able to use better equipment, so, without a buff, your foe will in advantage during the fight.

So, like i said on previous post, if your foe does not allow you to prepare fully, there is no reason to give him a fair fight.
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm

carlucio wrote:What must be comprehended is that, by choosing to use buffs on your build you will be using points in int or faith that won't make you more resistant or able to use better equipment, so, without a buff, your foe will in advantage during the fight.

So, like i said on previous post, if your foe does not allow you to prepare fully, there is no reason to give him a fair fight.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. You chose to build a buff reliant character. That's fine, but I don't see why anyone has to allow you "time to prepare fully." I think it's on you to learn how to be effective with the build you chose. I chose a dex build. I have to learn how to parry consistently, so I can't really complain when I get mashed down by R1 spammers. People who choose buff builds need to learn to create space for themselves to buff. I think that's fair.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:03 pm

^
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Theres a practical use for twop. TWop then buff. Haha. Most people who buff use slb or dmb anyways so I don't see why they can't just do that.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Taganov wrote:
    carlucio wrote:What must be comprehended is that, by choosing to use buffs on your build you will be using points in int or faith that won't make you more resistant or able to use better equipment, so, without a buff, your foe will in advantage during the fight.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. You chose to build a buff reliant character. That's fine, but I don't see why anyone has to allow you "time to prepare fully." I think it's on you to learn how to be effective with the build you chose. I chose a dex build. I have to learn how to parry consistently, so I can't really complain when I get mashed down by R1 spammers. People who choose buff builds need to learn to create space for themselves to buff. I think that's fair.

They have because the buff is part of my pvp build, without it i would be in disadvantage., even more in Sl 99 that i only have 21 points in endurance and 28 in vitality.

You can just tell me : Go learn how to use it during the fight, but you could say it for everything, for healing, for turtling, for runners, skill spamming, backstab fishing.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am

... and when you get the buff off, you have a definite large advantage.

Buffs wreck face. All you can do against them is try to dodge until the time runs out, and hope they don't have a 2nd buff.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Its risk reward, like everything else. You risk being mualed trying to get ahead, but if it works then your opponent likely won't outlast the buff, or will be under 1/3 health.

If my build is buffless, letting you buff would give you a huge advantage. I'm not going to let you do it, because you'll kill me with it. You then cry unfair when I don't let you get a huge advantage over me.

Learn to create space to buff under fire, or build characters with higher damage weapons that don't need buffs to be effective. No one is obligated to allow you to gain an advantage by buffing.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 pm

You are not obligated to give me space to buff, i didn't say that, but if you don't i will just run to a group of monsters and heal, and i will chain bs you if i have the opportunity, becuase i'm not obligated to give you time to recover.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm not obligated to not heal if you have bs me with HR. I'm not obligated to not chain bs you if your build has +2000 HP. The 2 have serious advantages against my simple, 1500 HP pure Dex RTSR + Wolf Ring build.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:45 pm

That is an inexact parallel, but its true regardless and its kindof my point.

Just as I am not wrong for attempting to deny my opponent the advantage of a buff, you are not wrong to attempt to mitigate the high crit damage or hp advantages of other builds.

Where your chain bs examples differs is that the high hp does not require time to be cast, its inherant in the build, thus it cannot be denied like a buff can.
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeGtEYfN-A&feature=youtu.be

There you have your etiquette...
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:24 am

SnailsAndSlugs wrote:Most people consider buffing, eating grass, casting HCSM or Pursuers, and bowing all part of the same routine. Most PvPers will wait until you've finished doing all your preparations before attacking. HCSM or Pursuers aren't considered "offensive" until your opponent actually targets you. If they cast it, then run up and target you as you're finishing bowing/buffing, then YES, that's poor etiquette.

You're saying casting HCSM or Pursuers as part of the pre-fight ritual isn't kosher, but how is it any different than buffing or popping a grass. All these things are increasing your ability to defeat your opponent.

Pursuers is really easy to dodge BTW. It seems like everyone's pretty much figured it out by now. You roll into them as they're approaching you from the opposite direction; they'll go right by and won't turn 180 degrees to pursue you as long as you don't immediately turn around.

I agree with the above. It seems that you want to be able to buff and prepare yourself while you want a caster has to wait before doing the same using magic. Keep in mind that many caster builds don't have buffs, and give up certain buffs for spells, unless they are high enough level to have a big selection.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 am

I will always stick by my: bow, and then it's on. If you need more spacing to not take a hit, then space yourself far away; but then I can see your buff and take appropriate action (great magic barrier, shield with a higher lightning defence).
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

If someone munches or buff before a bow i dont really mind but if they cast a homing spell thats a diff story. Usually about then they get a faceful of three lightning bolts from my avelyn.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 am

DNL wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeGtEYfN-A&feature=youtu.be

There you have your etiquette...

That guy forgot how to dodge lol.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 am

VinheimProfessor wrote:
    SnailsAndSlugs wrote:Most people consider buffing, eating grass, casting HCSM or Pursuers, and bowing all part of the same routine. Most PvPers will wait until you've finished doing all your preparations before attacking. HCSM or Pursuers aren't considered "offensive" until your opponent actually targets you. If they cast it, then run up and target you as you're finishing bowing/buffing, then YES, that's poor etiquette.

You're saying casting HCSM or Pursuers as part of the pre-fight ritual isn't kosher, but how is it any different than buffing or popping a grass. All these things are increasing your ability to defeat your opponent.

Pursuers is really easy to dodge BTW. It seems like everyone's pretty much figured it out by now. You roll into them as they're approaching you from the opposite direction; they'll go right by and won't turn 180 degrees to pursue you as long as you don't immediately turn around.

I agree with the above. It seems that you want to be able to buff and prepare yourself while you want a caster has to wait before doing the same using magic. Keep in mind that many caster builds don't have buffs, and give up certain buffs for spells, unless they are high enough level to have a big selection.

A buff is a buff, those spells are the first half of an attack. What if i could take out my greatbow, pull the arrow back, lock on to you then stay in that state whjile i bow and wait for you to approach me so i can blast you point blank in the face. Thats the same as casting those spells, buffing is not.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 am

I would rather someone cast HCSM than SLB. One is the first half of an easy to dodge attack.

The other makes someone very powerful.

I think most would agree.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:I would rather someone cast HCSM than SLB. One is the first half of an easy to dodge attack.

The other makes someone very powerful.

I think most would agree.

Yah I can agree with that. Though alot of people would argue theyre just as powerful with HCSM and a CSS as someone with SLB.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:18 am

Who would argue that?

I only get hit with those due to lag.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:19 am

^ The funniest part is when you bow, and they cast CSS or soul mass... Inevitability of being pwnd makes me cry, with my puny 1.5k hp...
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:26 am

I don't really fear HCSM or Pursuers, a properly timed roll/dodge/dance will make them get all confused and go have tea in some bubble shop somewhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:58 am