Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! - Page 2 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:54 pm

not sure quite what else there is to be said about that lol. point and case, T-king, the plunging blow master!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:02 pm

I used dried fingers before using a homeward bone..I don't know why, but I did. I discovered that I ended up somewhere I thought I wasn't going to be. The sound of being invaded was the biggest tip, so I'm in PVE mode, which is full giants, flip ring, and UGS.

So I go and try to find this guy...well he was a sneaky one as he tried to come up behind me with smough's hammer. Thankfully my spidey senses turned me around right as he jumped at me, so in return I smashed him with my zwielhander. Then I smacked him around a bit more before he turned to run and used WOTG to keep me away....eventually he fell off the edge. He then wanted to chat with me....I declined that invitation.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm

interesting.... dried finger before bone huh? anywho, full PvE mode my ***, thats the Generic PvP build lol
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I was in the demon ruins...who the heck pvps in the demon ruins? I thought I was warping back to the chaos servant place.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm

well apparently someone does XD
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Choose the wrong time to pvp then.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Had an odd one just the other night. I was hanging out in Lost Izalith trying to invade. I am at SL 165 so it can be hit or miss on connecting. I had a hole slew of disconnects and as I was about to quit when I connected with a host. Spawning on the stairs before the bed of chaos I always spin the camera around to see what is going on. In doing so I see the host standing right by the fog door. In my mind this sucks, they will probably step through the fog and that will be that. Another wasted invasion.

Sure enough as soon as I finish spawning the host steps through the fog. But nothing happens. They did not slide down but rather stood on the ledge so I was not sent home. Not sure what they want I start to take swings through the fog door and connect a few times. Now the host starts fighting back. This goes on for a few minutes and finally the host drops down to the bed of chaos and I am sent home. I ran into the same host two more times, with the same result.

I learned that (1) pyromancy does not seem to penetrate the fog wall (2) the washing pole works out alright for blindly stabbing at someone on the other side of the fog wall and (3) neither party will probably ever win a fight like this since the other party can heal at will without any repurcussions.
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 am

So I get to the burg, kill all the enemies, clear the crates and nonsense out, then use an eye of death. I get invaded by a wraith first, though. So I put some pine resin on my Iaito and wait for him to come down.

Hes got on kirks armor, a black iron helm and some other junk. Wielding a claymore or something similar. Instead of coming down he stops in the middle of the stairs then runs away to the bridge that firebombs are landing on him.

I don't even flinch to follow him as I can wait for another invader to fight rather than getting backstabbed as I cross.

Eventually he comes over to me anyway. I play aggressive, bleed him a bit. WHen he backs off, I let him. Then he pops a divine blessing. I haven't even taken damage yet, so my eyes widen and I'm like well alright.

We fight some more and I backstab him. He divine blessings again. Now I understand whats happening here...

He happens to get a backstab on me, at which point i realize he's got a hornet ring on. Probably a +15 greatsword with gold pine resin on it and a hornet ring, cool stuff. Anyway it takes 75% of my health. I bait him to missing an attack then cast twop. He walks into the slomo like an idiot, and I flask.

After me bleeding him, him attempting to DB, me backstabbing him, and him getting a DB about 12 times or so, he managed to kill me with another backstab of his own since I didn't have full health anymore (go figure).

I found this all very amusing.

Look Skyward
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 am

Learn to chainstab bro, only effective cure for DB alcoholism.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 pm

gotta say, i think its funny when someone actually believes thats a win.whats that? your not healing? thats cool i'll pop DB all day! point and case is that you did enough damage to kill him 5 or so times over probably, and he killed you once. who really won in that situation?

as for that fog gate BS, thats retarded. why do that if you intend to just slide down if things go sour? waste of both your times if you ask me
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 pm

I invade as a darkmoon. Find this guy, i bow, he attacks. I end up killing him, the second that happens he disconnects by going back to dashboard(i know because i checked. Yeah, i'm creepy like that.) so i never got my souls. Shrug
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

I've told this before, but here goes. I was invading in the Forest and got ganked. I know, surprising, right? LOL. So, I get the clan down to just the host, and I get another catbro spawning to help me. I've got my Lemon Mura and the host thinks it is a good time to R1 spam me to heaven.

Dude gets parried. I have the Hornet's Ring on (extra long riposte animation). I know it is going to be a OHK. Funny thing, so does my catbro buddy. I unlock and pan the camera around, and I see him dancing with Joy das my Mura goes through the host's sternum.

Good times.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Something that happened just now. The thing i find funny isn't really the pvp but rather what happened afterwards. So i invade this guy several times, and all he does is chainstab and gank + healing in a duel, though it's in the forest, so i suppose i got what i deserved. But yeah, anyway, next time i invade him i just leave right away. So he sends me a msg calling me a *****. Frustrated as i am i respond pointing out how he heals and chainstabs etc. I get a respond, and then i respond with ''You want a hug or something?'' and hell, don't ask me why i asked him something like that, because when i'm pissed off i do the weirdest things, but yeah, so he responds with a yes, so i respond with a *hug*. And now i invaded him though he didn't gank, but instead let me battle his friend with no problem, though the dude turtled so i still failed(roleplayed as Artorias, so not much of an anti-turtle). Anyway, it felt quite weird, the discussion we had.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:17 pm

last night invaded the undead burg, as i sawp TWOP is casted buy a full havel, Mask of Child, BKGA user, i turn around raise shield and back my self to corner. i miss the first parry and he gets me down to RTSR range with a stun lock, i had maybe 50 hp left if that.

regain my stamina raise shield, he starts his R1 spam agian, this time i don't miss and get a nice riposte with RTSR. now we are both 1 hit from dead TWOP is gone and i finish him.

i send him a message saying "learn 2 gank properly"

yea i felt cool... real cool.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 pm

I love invading people who don't know how to use the BKGA, got one in Lost Izalith last night who was hundreds of levels above me, I setup parry his second hit, boom. He runs away to heal, I bs him, he starts spamming into my shield at point blank range again, parry him again, do these people ever learn?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I love invading people who don't know how to use the BKGA, got one in Lost Izalith last night who was hundreds of levels above me, I setup parry his second hit, boom. He runs away to heal, I bs him, he starts spamming into my shield at point blank range again, parry him again, do these people ever learn?
    Nope. It happens all the time in the forest. They rely on R1 spam. Even if I parry them over and over, they still do it.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:51 pm

They must think it's some kind of fluke and that it could never happen twice, I doubt they're aware that it's an actual technique that their weapon of choice is weak against.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 pm

A fluke that happens over and over . . .
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Glutebrah wrote:last night invaded the undead burg, as i sawp TWOP is casted buy a full havel, Mask of Child, BKGA user, i turn around raise shield and back my self to corner. i miss the first parry and he gets me down to RTSR range with a stun lock, i had maybe 50 hp left if that.

regain my stamina raise shield, he starts his R1 spam agian, this time i don't miss and get a nice riposte with RTSR. now we are both 1 hit from dead TWOP is gone and i finish him.

I don't get it... how come you said the gank thing if it was 1-on-1?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:last night invaded the undead burg, as i sawp TWOP is casted buy a full havel, Mask of Child, BKGA user, i turn around raise shield and back my self to corner. i miss the first parry and he gets me down to RTSR range with a stun lock, i had maybe 50 hp left if that.

I don't get it... how come you said the gank thing if it was 1-on-1?

Casting TWOP while behind me as I am spawning is in my opinion still ganking.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Ganking requires a 'gang.' If you consider TWoP spawns cheap though I understand that. Nothing wrong with doing it as it's in the game, but it is kind of pathetic.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Ganking doesn't have to be a group of people.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Ganking vs jumping. Similar. Both crap.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm

wow whole lot of answers since my last post. very nice all. as for TWoP, its rather cheap if you ask me.

anywho, to keep this thread a rollin, i'll spin a yarn about a couple of burg invasions.

1) warp in and there are 2 people dressed as boars. not sure what to think, neither attacked, but waited for me to run over to the staircase leading to the undead merchant. i try to fight and one of em starts avelyn spamming, while the other attacks in melee. i die, then send a message "couldn't fight fairly, huh?". he reply's with a voice message of him makin pig sounds.

not sure what to think on that.

2) warp in, someones down in the duel area. i bow, he CMW and uses something with a similar animation and range as TWoP but i could still move. wasn't quite sure what happened. dude was in havels, MoTM, greatsword, ninja flip, the works. problem was that he was dumb enough to R1(right bumper for Xbox)spam. admittedly he got a lucky shot off and almost one shotted me, but i was able to keep at that level of health and get him down to the same, with a mix of sword skill and pyromancy. when we were at the same level he got another lucky shot off and killed me. i was so pissed, cuz the dude was a total ***, didn't even bow, and almost got off a backstab while i was bowing.
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:12 pm

So all day I've been fighting in the forest. As the host, and as a red sign summon after I killed sif somewhere in the middle.

While hosting I had a white phantom some of the time to back me up. I try my best not to gank people, but if they start running away into the woods or popping off divine blessings it's going to happen.

(Tale number 1...)

Anyway my phantom is off fighting up by alvina and a red phantom invades. I go to the door to greet him and take my fight while my phantom is theoretically dealing with the forest hunter.

The phantom I meet casts a soul mass, I shrug and go for a running r1 with a barbed straight sword after its up, then roll out of the way. For some reason he walks back up the stairs and stands next to the fog wall. Now, I'm scratching my head... but I understood his idea after he started casting white dragon breath over and over again. My character is a level 75, so I am not really sure how he can even cast that spell... but I don't care. He's not hitting me, so I'm content to wait at the bottom of the stairs for him to run out of magic, or for his balls to drop.

But then I get stabbed in the back with a hornet ring chaos bandit knife and die immediately.

Theoretically taking care of the forest hunter, is what I said. (No, my phantom was most certainly still alive)

(Tale number 2...)

In the middle of another more deliberate 2 on 2 fight, I ran into a Gwyn cosplayer. That's all well and good, poise free armor. My phantom was fighting him mostly. Gwyn would eventually backstab me in the middle of my fight with the other blue phantom. It's ok, I'm cool with that in a 2v2. Hornet ring? Gwyn would be ashamed. Oh. What's this?

Point Down Look Skyward Well What is it

I should've expected that.

An invasion or two later he is back, we fight one on one this time. He backstabs me, yet again. It's all he has done, his sword never swung unless it was in my back. He takes 90% of my health in one hit so I use a divine blessing in protest and shrug at him. Then I took advantage of his lack of poise and stunlocked him, probably taking as much health from him as he took from me. He backed off, and tried to humanity, but well he didn't survive that attempt.

Point Down Point Down Point Down

Alrighty. I grab a phantom again and we're hanging out by alvina. Invader comes, I let my phantom take the 1v1. He loses, so I'm about to go out and fight when I realize there are two phantoms out there not just the one. I must not have been paying attention.

Sneakily, I made my way across the bridge and hid around the side of the fort. (Not that side with the stone armor, no, too obvious) Just standing there, I third person around the corner and watch the phantom who is looking for me. He is alone now. After walking himself in circles a few times, he thinks he has missed me and runs toward the boss entrance. Great, there is my chance to go kill the other one.

I run all the way back to the other side of the forest and the other phantom is standing next to the entrance for some reason. Oh, look... it is Gwyn again. I didn't give him the time of day and backstabbed him probably before he even knew I was there. More stunlocking when he got back up... I ran out of stamina I think, thought I had him.

But of course I did not, then I got backstabbed and died in one hit.

Point Down Look Skyward Well What is it

Ok you win bro.

(Tale number 3...)

HORNET RINGS... EVERYWHERE...

(Tale number 4...)

Sif is dead and I'm laying my red sign now. I'm sure this is going to be hit and miss but I'm doing it anyway.

It's never a good thing when I appear from a summoning and two people are standing right next to me. Things get slightly worse, when they both start spamming their weapon into my phantom even though I can't move or be hit yet. At least they gave me time to shrug before I died.

Shrug

That was a miss. Ok let's try again! Oh. Oh. Is that darkmoon blade I hear starting up right beside me. Oh. Murakumo. This time I didn't have time to gesture before I died so, I gestured IRL.

Look Skyward

One more time. Ah, success! But he's fighting a blue phantom. I stand around and wait for them to finish. It doesn't take long and my host is the victor. I forget what weapon he was using, but his armor was hard leather, so I knew he had low poise. That seemed to be the only thing going for me in this fight, I did most of my damage on straight sword combos. He hit me with a backstab without a hornet ring ( :shock: ) and took almost all of my health anyway. I figure that is alright. Since he has low poise, if I hit him once more I can still take this.

Now I had heard another phantom arrive, but I was enjoying this fight and was focused on it. So I tuned out the other phantom, figuring we'd be done fighting by the time he got there. ...And, maybe if we weren't, he would wait five seconds like I did.

But he comes running behind me, hits me with a running attack from a greatsword and I die.

Ah well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm