Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP tales! - Page 3 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by BrotherBob Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:41 pm

greeneless wrote:Now I had heard another phantom arrive, but I was enjoying this fight and was focused on it. So I tuned out the other phantom, figuring we'd be done fighting by the time he got there. ...And, maybe if we weren't, he would wait five seconds like I did.

But he comes running behind me, hits me with a running attack from a greatsword and I die.
    I'm actually confused as to why people do that. Aren't both invaders (regardless of covenant) trying to kill the host. So technically, they should be on the same "team". Yep, he definitely should have waited for you to finish your fight.
    BTW are you on PS3 and is your PSN ID the same as your name on the forum? If so: "Hey, how's it going"?
    greeneless
    greeneless
    Regular
    Regular

Post by greeneless Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    greeneless wrote:Now I had heard another phantom arrive, but I was enjoying this fight and was focused on it. So I tuned out the other phantom, figuring we'd be done fighting by the time he got there. ...And, maybe if we weren't, he would wait five seconds like I did.

But he comes running behind me, hits me with a running attack from a greatsword and I die.
    I'm actually confused as to why people do that. Aren't both invaders (regardless of covenant) trying to kill the host. So technically, they should be on the same "team". Yep, he definitely should have waited for you to finish your fight.
    BTW are you on PS3 and is your PSN ID the same as your name on the forum? If so: "Hey, how's it going"?

Yeah I'm on PSN and I'm greeneless everywhere. It's going alright, lol. Did we run into each other?

XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:22 pm

So,
    Here I am in the forest practicing my parry (mentality is of I can parry someone fighting dirty I can parry a fair player) with no weapon equipped , i spawn into a 3 man gank squad and think "great no practice from this bunch" but try anyway lol. I parry the first guy and do 4 Dmg , after seeing this all three got nude, unequipped their weapons, and gave me the most fun fisticuffs ever LOL
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 pm

I was in the forest PVPing yesterday and of course I got into a 2v1 match. After I avoided the sunbro's WOTG he charges at me and apparently he didn't lock on because I rolled out of the way and he goes straight off the cliff. So all I have to deal with is the host and I had to chase after him for a good five minutes. He decided to fight me where the three large cats were, I was able to stunlock him and get him to low health and he uses WoTG and runs away to heal. Well he gets back to the other side and I backstab him again and while he's down I heal with a humanity. He uses WoTG and get a backstab in on me and he tries the same thing again, I just roll behind him and get in the last backstab and finish him off. Twas a fun fight.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm

these are the reasons i go for burg PvP lol. there are some asses, but most of the fights are fair. one thing i don't get is why the 2 phantoms duel it out when there are 2 invaders, instead of the host and first invader just finishing their match.

anywho, heres one i found hilarious. in the burg, doin PvP. i was at the spot the host usually stands, when i clip a corpse with my sword. it goes flying(literally, it took off and got air time) towards firelink shrine. it dissapears from sight while in mid-air. me and the host both just looked for a moment, looked at eachother, shrugged, and continued from where we left off. i was so confused at the time. most hilarious thing i've seen in days
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Meet a spirt of vengance who had Tonberry in his name. I defeated him, and sent him a message joking around about how tonberrys are very feared in the Final Fanasty Games. He said that they also hold a heck of a grudge too.

Well minutes later when I'm screwing around and try something new.....he invades me. This time he killed me. He sends me a message, "Stab"

I laughed so hard at that.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 pm

I don't carry moss clumps, especially blooming moss clumps, in the Parish. I never thought I would need them there. Then I was proved wrong.

Some guy invaded me in the Parish. He threw poisoned knives and dung pies at me. My resistance and dodge ability were low. I got poisoned and toxic at the same time.🇳🇴

Lesson learned: Always carry moss clumps.

Siegnar wrote: I approach them, the host doesn't know what to do and the Sunbro, in the most despicable act I have ever seen, left the host to die.

PvP tales! - Page 3 3248139268 Shame on you Sunlight Warrior (he doesn't deserve the tittle Sunbro)

Once I had a Sunbro do that to me in the Painted World. :x

Once I invaded someone in the kiln. We bowed, and then he turned his back to me. I don't want to be a jerk, so I just stand there. He summons someone else. We bow. They don't move, so I'm standing there confused. Then he summons another. We bow, and I think, "Oh crap". Then they all leave me, and went toward the boss. I left.

Once I was watching my friend play this game. He got invaded in Anor Londo. He didn't see the invader, so he tried to get the divine blessing. He missed the jump and fell to his death. He got the option to indict the invader and took it. The invader sent a message that said, "LOL I didn't do anything to get indicted except watch you suicide."

Last edited by WandererReece on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Got summoned into dark Anor Londo and decided to hang around, as I often get folks trying to kill Gwyndolin. Moments later, we're invaded by a DM. He backs off and starts shadow boxing with his weapon and it's obvious he doesn't have the stats for it, from all the staggering and stumbling around. So we switch to weapons we can't use either, and proceed to have the most incompetent PvP match ever, with some swing recoveries taking like 5 seconds (for example, try swinging a BK halberd while lacking the stats to use it). The funniest part is that if you backstab someone with a weapon you have no stats for, you do almost no damage much like a bare hand backstab.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:37 pm

I’ve never really PVPed (more of a PVE, lorehunter type) before
    until last week when I decided I would use the 40 cracked red eye orbs from my
    NG+++ play throughs (around SL 190 PSN). For some reason I decided I’d use
    these orbs to invade the Dukes Archives. So I don’t really have a PVP build and
    I’m not that great at PVP. I was using a
    +15 Halberd with a +15 Balder Side Sword as my alt weapon. I was wearing a full
    black Iron Set, with Havel’s Ring and the FaP ring. I got my *** handed to me a
    few times but I really enjoyed myself lol. I did my best to be honorable do my
    bows lead people to an open area for fair fights and such. I even killed a few
    people. Mostly though, I kept invading this guy who had a white phantom with
    full havels, filp ring etc…. and even though they kept killing me by ganging up
    on me, I loved running around and
    fighting them both just trying to survive. Anywho, those were my first 40 and only pvp
    experiences and I plan on actually doing some pvp builds now because it was
    awesome XD.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:So,
    Here I am in the forest practicing my parry (mentality is of I can parry someone fighting dirty I can parry a fair player) with no weapon equipped , i spawn into a 3 man gank squad and think "great no practice from this bunch" but try anyway lol. I parry the first guy and do 4 Dmg , after seeing this all three got nude, unequipped their weapons, and gave me the most fun fisticuffs ever LOL

DUDE! I had an experience similar to this.

I got summoned to defend my turf to see a dude and his phantom. I can't remember who made the first move, but pretty quickly we all ended up stripping down to our skins (all but the Sack, in my case) and having a huge fisticuffs match. After that, we moved onto double shields. That is, until we got invaded by a red phantom.

We all continue with our antics, while the red phantom shrugs and tries to weigh his options. He decides he'd prefer the cheap kills, so we light roll around and gank the dude with either fists or low level shields, doing little damage to the guy. When the guy persists for about 3 or 4 minutes I pull my club out for a second, then think "Nah screw it I'll keep assing around" until I get clipped by his MLGS sad

I send a msg with simply 'sad' to each of the guys in the fight, and get good news from lesser clothed buddy. He annihilated the invader in the nudes.

And that, my friends, is the story of why I'm still interested in seeing who I can find in the forest. happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:47 pm

befowler wrote:Got summoned into dark Anor Londo and decided to hang around, as I often get folks trying to kill Gwyndolin. Moments later, we're invaded by a DM. He backs off and starts shadow boxing with his weapon and it's obvious he doesn't have the stats for it, from all the staggering and stumbling around. So we switch to weapons we can't use either, and proceed to have the most incompetent PvP match ever, with some swing recoveries taking like 5 seconds (for example, try swinging a BK halberd while lacking the stats to use it). The funniest part is that if you backstab someone with a weapon you have no stats for, you do almost no damage much like a bare hand backstab.

Nice, i love when people aren't afraid to have(god forbid) fun! Nothing ticks me off worse then the players who play like they are in a rush to go do something else. I will be naked with dual dragon bone fist, and they buff a falchion with DMB +3 and just 3 shot me.....That is my issue with the try hards, I don't mind them so much when I'm all geared up and ready to go though. It's just they can't even relax and just have fun for even just one fight, it shows what kind of people they are.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Im more amused that 90% of the time when I have no weapon equipped, people back up like "oh this is so a trick hell no" always makes me lol
    Ryndis

Post by Ryndis Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 am

Ive killed an invader with every trap in sen's fortress including the elevator. I was trying to knock him down pit because i thought the elevator was up, but low and behold the elevator catches him and gave that satisfying KASHINK sound when he hit the roof. Should be a trophy for killing dudes with sens traps.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 am

Seignar wrote:I invaded in New Londo against a host with 2 phantoms. To counter the obvious BS , I ran to the narrow bridge to fight 1-on-1, athe first white phantom charged at me as I ran across the bridge. I decided to pull off the "Run and turn" technique for a counter BS, in hopes it would finish him first. I missed and he perfomed a run attack, but the momentum carried him off the bridge (on top that he missed) due to the fact that his lock-on was altered when I ran past him.

So...there is the host and his Sunbro. I approach them, the host doesn't know what to do and the Sunbro, in the most despicable act I have ever seen, left the host to die. So I observe the host and notice he is a newbie in full Havel with greatshield and large weapon and no transient curse on, and his phantom ditched him. I decide to put an end to this invasion and BC out.

PvP tales! - Page 3 3248139268 Shame on you Sunlight Warrior (he doesn't deserve the tittle Sunbro)

How can you see if someone has a transient curse on? Have not been in New Londo ruins with a summon, or invaded when there. And good on you for leaving the battle, though I wonder what the Sunbro was thinking when he chickened otu. Should be a way to indict him for not keep true to the Sunbro ethos twisted
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I invaded Anor Londo not too long ago, there was a lone solo host who was seriously new, I'm guessing first playthrough. He was in all GHB set with a Claymore that was not highly upgraded and using the Knight shield. I get him down to low health and he starts backing up, I feel kind of bad since my build is so powerful so I stop in place and let him heal. This goes on for a while, he lands maybe a hit per two flasks he uses, and I'm down around 40% health after he has used 10-15 flasks fighting me. I'm essentially toying with him, not sure whether or not to ultimately kill him, when I decide to teach him a lesson about parries (he would always run right up to me and spam r1 with the clay). So he runs up and swings, I miss my parry by about a quarter of a second, miss my second parry by about the same amount, and roll away. He follows and I decide to swing, he blind parries my MLGS despite not having tried it at all before during the match, and kills me on the riposte. I'm so proud of my new disciple.

+1 for that awesome story. Call that a "constructive" invasion
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:03 am

xSomax wrote:damn. is the am hours when all the little kiddies come out? cuz i ain't getting anything but a bunch of honorless asses. one was a white phantom that shot me while i was bowing and the host backstabbed, and whenever i invade them he 2-shots me with i think CMW. the other is this guy who just kept taunting me. didn't really attack till a little while through, then he facepalmed, then decided to stab me to death with a lightning spear. why is it that all of this happens in the early mornings, yet near midnight to about 4 i get perfectly honorable fights? heck, i invade a lot of people repeatedly by accident, and 2 of em said that i'm a fun guy to fight. then 5 o-clock hits and every little kiddie, over-powered ***, and glitcher comes out to play...

Aggree, i must prefer the honorable fights. I had a awesome duel in the undead Parish. Invaded, invader bows, AND drops a gift. I gather the gift, bow again, and we duel. I managed to beat him, but it was a good fight.

Had a bad one with an invader who promptly kicked me while I was bowing underneath the bridge where you get the drake sword. Not nice at all...
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:30 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    befowler wrote:Got summoned into dark Anor Londo and decided to hang around, as I often get folks trying to kill Gwyndolin. Moments later, we're invaded by a DM. He backs off and starts shadow boxing with his weapon and it's obvious he doesn't have the stats for it, from all the staggering and stumbling around. So we switch to weapons we can't use either, and proceed to have the most incompetent PvP match ever, with some swing recoveries taking like 5 seconds (for example, try swinging a BK halberd while lacking the stats to use it). The funniest part is that if you backstab someone with a weapon you have no stats for, you do almost no damage much like a bare hand backstab.

Nice, i love when people aren't afraid to have(god forbid) fun! Nothing ticks me off worse then the players who play like they are in a rush to go do something else. I will be naked with dual dragon bone fist, and they buff a falchion with DMB +3 and just 3 shot me.....That is my issue with the try hards, I don't mind them so much when I'm all geared up and ready to go though. It's just they can't even relax and just have fun for even just one fight, it shows what kind of people they are.
    aggree 100%!!!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, it was a really nice change from the usual Dragonball Z type matches, we were also all fatrolling because of the heavy weapons. I got backstabbed with a Dragon Tooth and took like 24 damage because the guy had no str. It was really fun.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

1) A guy invaded me in the Kiln. It ended in a tie. Then I tried to invade someone with a blue eye orb. The first person I invaded was him, and he killed me.

2) I invaded another guy. I go to where he was located, but he doesn't move. I bowed. Later I bow again. Then I wave. No response. I think he's AFK. I try to send him a message, "You here?", but before I hit send, flames erupt around me and kill me.

3) I invade and think I see something behind me. I turn around and see the host. I bow, and 5 crystal homing balls of death hit me on top of my head.

4) I invade a person who looks like a viking. He parries my first hit and kills me. I sent a message that said, "LOL epic :D" He replied, "Thank you."

5) I invade the guy in the first story again, and kill him. He sends me a message that said, "learning how to parry." I reply, "OMG I'm so sorry." He replies, "Why are you sorry? I have to look stupid and get my *** kicked to learn." I replied, "LOL"
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:24 pm

that last part of your story......if I didnt know better id say it was me cause I was practicing parry in the kiln and had a conversation like that, but dont think so lol, u xbl?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:that last part of your story......if I didnt know better id say it was me cause I was practicing parry in the kiln and had a conversation like that, but dont think so lol, u xbl?
    No, I'm PSN.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:27 am

WandererReece wrote:1) A guy invaded me in the Kiln. It ended in a tie. Then I tried to invade someone with a blue eye orb. The first person I invaded was him, and he killed me.

2) I invaded another guy. I go to where he was located, but he doesn't move. I bowed. Later I bow again. Then I wave. No response. I think he's AFK. I try to send him a message, "You here?", but before I hit send, flames erupt around me and kill me.

3) I invade and think I see something behind me. I turn around and see the host. I bow, and 5 crystal homing balls of death hit me on top of my head.

4) I invade a person who looks like a viking. He parries my first hit and kills me. I sent a message that said, "LOL epic :D" He replied, "Thank you."

5) I invade the guy in the first story again, and kill him. He sends me a message that said, "learning how to parry." I reply, "OMG I'm so sorry." He replies, "Why are you sorry? I have to look stupid and get my *** kicked to learn." I replied, "LOL"

Awesome stories, specially the last one. lol!
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 am

wow, this thread really took off. great stories one and all. gotta say, i hate those that don't at least return the respect they're shown

and like reece said, or rather, the invadee said, gotta get your *** kicked a few times to learn to do stuff right!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8o3sfsb

I tried using this in the forest, and had a lot of lols. Once I had two guys chasing me after I shot them. I ran around a corner and cast cameleon. They stoped right beside me! One guy was like PvP tales! - Page 3 3358384175, and the other guy did PvP tales! - Page 3 1447589260. He pointed the way we came from, and then they both ran away from me. It was great. They even deforested most of the area trying to find me!

Also, having 5 glowing orbs folowing you is not very sneaky. PvP tales! - Page 3 2707236321Which I showed them by sending an arrow. Apparently they didn't get the message.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:47 pm

lol. yeah forest PvP is about outwitting your opponent, rather than taking them on in fair combat. i'd say reece wins in that regard XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:46 am